on 28 June 2012
I ordered this 4ft punch bag on a thursday, it arrived on the Saturday morning. Can not get better service than that.
The product itselt is sound, 4ft bag, heavy, so it doesnt swing everywhere when hitting it. im 6"2 and 14st, and the lighter punch bags are all over the place. Not this one. great price also, gloves are good fit and comfortable and have good padding unlike some gloves on the market.
Definately recommend.
on 28 January 2012
I bought this kit for use in my garage and this was the first time I had bought punch bag of any sort. Here's a quick rundown for anyone else considering this set:

Punchbag - Now I'm no expert, but I'm fairly sure the bag is some sort of vinyl/leather effect bag and not real leather, so be aware of that when buying. I've since learned that real leather bags last much longer and start at about £120. The quality of this bag seems decent enough though. I've smacked the hell out of it since it arrived and it's held up to everything I can throw at it. I'm about 15 stone and work out a fair bit, so if you're around that weight or lighter, I don't think you need to worry about it splitting or anything. It is quite well packed with cloth strips, but there is a bit of space to add extra filler if required. I topped mine up with some insulating sponge just to even it out at the top. The plastic hoops for the chain hooks are strong and look like they will last.

Bracket - The bracket and attachments are pretty poor to be honest. I think they would be okay for light hitters, but if you're going to be getting giving the bag all you've got, I'd definitely get a different bracket as this one is quite thin and the 'angle' part only slots into the top part of the bracket. The bracket also has just 3 bolts, which doesn't give it much purchase into the wall. After a week's use, the rawl plugs had come out of the wall and the bracket was very loose. I went out and bought screw-through anchor bolts and used those, but the arm of the bracket and the 'angle' part still come loose from each other. So I went and bought a different bracket which is heavier, stronger, and has 6 bolts to attach to the wall and 2 bolts holding the arm and 'angle' together. Much better. I would forget all about using the bolts and rawl plugs supplied with any punchbag though - go to a hardware store and get anchor screw through bolts. They are far superior and don't come loose. I got 8 for under a tenner, so shop around.

Chain hooks - Good. Strong, reliable chain. Due to space, I needed a shorter chain, but in the end I opted for doubling the chains back on themselves. The O ring at the top stops the chains getting crossed when the bag spins, so it's all good.

Gloves - The gloves I received weren't the ones shown here, but were some other type of MMA mitt. I found them to be pretty bad to be honest. Not very flexible and there's something about the structure of the fingers that damages my hand when I strike hard, even when my hands are wrapped. I'm now sporting a tender, purple, flat knuckle as a result. I went out and bought some Lonsdale boxing gloves (proper boxing gloves, not spar mitts) and they are much better. I can hit the bag as hard as I want without damaging my hand. (The Lonsdale gloves were just £6 in a well known sports chain too).

Other accessories - Wraps are standard fare - when used with a better glove, will do the job. I've gone for a gel, slip on wrap instead, but that's only because I'm lazy. Hand gripper, skipping rope and keyring are what you'd expect really. Nice extras.

Overall, good value kit - worth it just for the bag and chain. I've been using my bag for 20-30 mins every day and find it very therapeutic (and tiring). I also have an additional blast on it every time I walk past...just can't resist. A really good tool for improving fitness and strength. But unless you are a light hitter, make sure you go for a better bracket (or, like me, you'll end up filling in drill holes with concrete and starting again!). Really, you want one that has 4-6 bolts to attach to the wall and a bolt or strong welding to attach the arm to the angle part. I found one for about £35 on the 'net. And make sure you get the anchor bolts.
on 4 November 2011
The product came VERY quickly. The person I gave it to as a present absolutely loved it and although the pic shows a whole load of extras you actually get SO many! You get absolutely everything you could need with the punch bag. Was high quality, excellent service.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2013
Bought as a birthday present for my daughter. Easy hanging instructions.Lots of extras came with the set. All very good quality.
on 19 March 2013
It is everything they said it would be a great buy. Good value for money and also good quality. EXCELLENT
on 21 March 2013
This produce has nothing but good reviews (as I am writing this), and I am not going to break this trend.

This produce is of a very high quality, I thought for the price that this bag could not be "heavy" as it claimed to be. However it is indeed a heavy bag that is very well put together.

Comes with good gloves and a strong bracket for hanging.

Some other nice little items included aswell like mini gloves, hand wraps and a skipping rope.

This produce is well worth the money and would recommend to friends and other amazon shoppers.
on 7 September 2014
Fantastic value - great quality
Slightly frustrating that the delivery charges were nearly as much as the kit.
I'd probably market the kit at the combined price & advertise free delivery....
on 10 June 2011
OK, this may not be the highest quality, but for a low budget punchbag to hang in the garage, at this price, it's absolutely fantastic. It comes with a decent bracket and all the fittings and was easily fixed up and ready to go within half an hour of delivery. It's a good weight and can be topped up with extra filling as it settles out or to add more weight. The D-ring, swivel and chains add about 18 inches to the overall height of the bag, so you do need quite a high, solid wall to hang it on. I doubled the chains back on themselves to shorten them a bit as I didn't quite have enough headroom for the 5' bag. The wraps are fine, the gloves are so so, and the other bits and pieces are what they are (actually I quite like the key rings!) but the main thing is you're getting a heavy bag and bracket that will be fine for most users's domestic needs, delivered for about the price of a month's gym membership. That's a bargain.
on 16 September 2012
The set arrived on time with everything inside it was amazing to see that there was nothing broken or damaged I am very pleased with my purchase and will be defiantly buying from RDX again
on 3 March 2012
This product is really good value for money, I was amazed by the amount of extras you get with the bag. really good, its a must buy product!