4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected
i didn't actually buy this on amazon so can't exactly comment on postage and things like that but I have seen the film
The film is funny, pretty much. It's a lot more for younger audiences than I realised so bear that in mind if thinking of buying it.
The humor is pretty basic, but is funny with some laugh out loud moments.
Overall I'd say it's good but not...
Published on 4 Dec. 2012 by yo112

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst film ever?
Published on 6 Oct. 2012 by Neil Holliday

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 4 Dec. 2012
The humor is pretty basic, but is funny with some laugh out loud moments.
Overall I'd say it's good but not as good as expected. it's just your average comedy really, really I would have expected more from Adam sandler

4.0 out of 5 stars I like Adam Sandler and thus I like this movie, 28 Oct. 2014
DK-BUYER (LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack and Jill (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] (Blu-ray)
I like Adam Sandler and thus I like this movie. It tells the story about a set of twins, both played by Sandler, who meet after many years of separation. They have a lot of conflicts but everything seems to fall into place at the end :)

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst film ever?, 6 Oct. 2012
Neil Holliday (Barcelona, Spain) - See all my reviews
I've seen Adam Sandler in films I've enjoyed, but the man has lost the plot if he thought this would do him any good. Did he not read it through before signing or is he really that off the boil that he thought this would work? The plot is childish, Adam Sandler in drag is embarrassing, and the whole thing is irritating to a point that it's just unwatchable. I believe sandler has already won a Razzie or two, and he deserves one for every contribution he made (story, dialogue, acting whatever) to this terrible terrible film. Pixel could have made a better film about two slugs. How does anyone in Hollywood have the nerve to offer this up. Strictly for those whose expectations in a CD don't rise above a semi decent trailer before the film starts.

ps Amazon, any chance of offering raspberries from one to five alongside the stars, as giving this film a star is way too generous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't disappoint., 5 July 2013
I had high expectations for this film as I am a huge fan of Adam Sandler. I wasn't to be disappointed as this film was hilarious, there was rarely a time where I wasn't laughing and at one stage I was in stitches. I'd definintely recommend this film to anyone looking for a good laugh, so I award this film 4/5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 28 Jan. 2013
I'm happy with this purchase. It's very funny and i would recommend it especially if you like Adam Sandler :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Order it now! Very funny movie, 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Jack and Jill (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] (Blu-ray)
This film is so funny and great the way that they got Adam Sandler in the screen in both identities!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why Oh Why Mr Sandler?, 24 Nov. 2012
I will admit that I do like Adam Sandler and I've enjoyed many of his movies - especially 'Happy Gilmore', 'Just Go With It', 'Grown Ups', 'Mr Deeds' etc. My wife just loves the guy and I purchased this mainly for her.
After sitting through half of the film we both actually felt embarrassed watching him dressed in drag as his sister. The whole thing was cringeworthy and irritable to the point of us turning it off. If you can imagine him speaking in a higher voice and just 'screaching' in some bits you might just understand what I mean.
We did eventually get round to watching the remainder of the film (wish we hadn't bothered) - out of curiosity alone - and it got no better!
This is a serious turkey and is one of the worst movies I've ever sat through. What Pacino had in mind when he signed up to play a part in this is totally beyond my comprehension.
I've given this movie one star - for one reason - because Amazon doesn't allow a zero!
Avoid at all costs - this really is terrible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, bad and irritating., 25 Aug. 2012
J. Draser (uk) - See all my reviews
If I could rate this movie as zero star, I would not hesitate one second. The humour in this movie is cringeworthy to the point of irritating. Do not waste your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has had some really bad write up but it is sooooo funny !!!!!, 19 Aug. 2012
I know that this has had a load of poor reviews and a load of awards for supposedly being the worst film ever but to be honest it is so so so funny.... I was laughing out loud on a flight to Florida and I mean really laughing and I am not one to laugh at anything...... Since we purchased the DVD my kids have watched this about seven times and they are still laughing at it....

So look if you need a film that offers nothing except a good laugh and brightens up a lazy Sunday when its raining surely you cannot go far wrong with this.

An OSCAR WINNER its not but a family favourite.... it certainly is in our house..

3.0 out of 5 stars Double trouble, 26 Nov. 2012
Jules (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have to say first off that i am a big Adam Sandler fan, i came into this film really wanting to like it, but, it's really quite poor from Adams usual high standards. He makes some really funny & heartfelt movies the majority of the time, like the recent fun Rom Com Just Go With It & Adams acting brilliance in Reign Over Me. And then on the odd occasion between these better movies he can make a mediocre one, which you can certainly chalk Jack & Jill into that category, along with a few of his other films over the years that i didn't have much love for, such as Little Nicky, The Waterboy & You Don't Mess with the Zohan.

Adam Sandler plays the role of Jack & Jill of the title. Jack is a successful advertising executive with a loving family, and every year near thanksgiving, his heart on her sleeve single twin sister Jill comes & stays with him to celebrate the holidays & their birthday, much to the dismay of Jack. But this year it may just be that Christmas has come early for Jack. As his agency is in financial trouble & he needs to get Al Pacino on board with a coffee ad. And wouldn't you know it, Mr Pacino is smitten with Jill, but the feeling isn't mutual. Mayhem & comedy ensue.

Overall the film is nowhere near as good as i'd hoped, which i kinda had an inkling it might be the case with Adam playing in drag & a few trailers on the T.V advert. The story is okay, with the usual drag cliche material, but a lot of the jokes were just not funny at all. Heck, the long winded table conversation near the beginning had me hovering over the eject button with it's boring dialogue & Adams really, really annoying drag voice, but i thought i'd give it a chance & see how the film progresses after it. Now, there were a few funny moments, but too few to mention. And you might be surprised to see Al Pacino in this, but to be honest he isn't phoning in his performance here, he is actually rather quite funny & charming in fact.

Ex Mrs Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes (Dawson's Creek) plays Jacks wife & does okay. The kids in the film are plain & boring, not a patch on the likes of Bailee Madison from Adams previous movie Just Go With It. Alongside Adams film regulars such as Nick Swardson (badly underused here), Allen Covert, David Spade, Gary Valentine & even Adams real life children, you'll see a lot of cameos from other celebs such as Johnny Depp, Dana Carvey, Drew Cary to John Macenroe & a whole host of others. Generally, Adam & Al are the draw, while outside of them it's pretty weak in terms of acting & other parts getting screen time.

In conclusion, Jack & Jill is a bit off that overly likable, good chemistry combination of Adam's films that i really like, and signifies the usual slump of a movie that he has sometimes between his better work. I expect better in future, this is worth a watch just to see Al Pacino not taking himself too seriously (and i'm not sure if his end comment is about the commercial or the film ;-)).

Jack and Jill (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012]
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] by Dennis Dugan (Blu-ray - 2012)