4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected
i didn't actually buy this on amazon so can't exactly comment on postage and things like that but I have seen the film
The film is funny, pretty much. It's a lot more for younger audiences than I realised so bear that in mind if thinking of buying it.
The humor is pretty basic, but is funny with some laugh out loud moments.
Overall I'd say it's good but not...
Published 21 months ago by yo112

3.0 out of 5 stars Double trouble
I have to say first off that i am a big Adam Sandler fan, i came into this film really wanting to like it, but, it's really quite poor from Adams usual high standards. He makes some really funny & heartfelt movies the majority of the time, like the recent fun Rom Com Just Go With It & Adams acting brilliance in Reign Over Me. And then on the odd occasion between these...
Published 22 months ago by Jules

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Multi Razzie award winner, 2 April 2012
Take the following into consideration before purchasing this comedy:

Worst Picture
Worst actor
Worst actress
Worst screenplay
Worst supporting actor (We're talking about the great Al Pacino here!)
Worst supporting actress
Worst screen ensemble
Worst director
Worst prequel, sequel, remake or rip-off
Worst screen couple

And also a 3,4 rating on IMDb
Nuff said?

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutly love, 19 Jun 2014
I thought it was hilarious I love films that are appropriate and I can watch with the family that can make us all laugh. I disagree I thought the acting was good and I was laughing as soon as I saw Jill. I wish they could make more entertaining films like this not like most of the nonsense they put out there that you cant even watch without having to forward the bad parts. basically in my opinion I thought it was great id recommend watching it if you love slapstick comedy. Definitely think there should be a part 2 !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Sandler, 2 Mar 2014
Adam Sandler movies you either love them or hate them. However this film is mediocre but is worth watching due to the few celebrity appearences and the few funny jokes are laugh out loud. Sandler does over act in certain comedic scenes but with a good story and Al Pacino playing himself it doesn't matter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Adam Sandler seems to have lost it, 5 April 2013
Nico van Leeuwen "nicovl" (Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] (DVD)
This movie is not worth 50 cents... it is one of the few times I have bought a DVD and wished I could get my money back.

I have always been a big fan of Adam Sandler and have always quite enjoyed his sometimes childish humor but recently I feel he seems a little lost.

Too bad... if this is the quality we can expect from him in the future... then the future is bleak.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unwatchable., 15 Mar 2013
Tim Kidner "Hucklebrook Hound" (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] (DVD)
Unlike many - and many who have posted negative reviews here, I am occasionally endeared to Adam Sandler. Therefore, I gave this film every chance - spurred on by seeing Al Pacino of course and Katie Holmes' radiant sweet face always helps.

However, after 40 minutes the delete button the recording I'd made from Sky Movies sent it where it should have been consigned, even before it was scripted.

Sandler, as the drag 'twin' has a voice that will send armies of rats across rivers and entire continents to escape his high-pitched wail. The comedy, such as it is is more obvious than obvious and never funny. They often jibe at ethnic and taboo subjects but never have the smartness or follow up to make them acceptable.

As for Pacino, well, I did get to see him, in a big heavy parka jacket and false beard. Jack, or was it Jill? makes a lazy connection with Osama Bin Laden and our Al removes said false beard and it's suddenly 'Hey, it' me!'. Yes, you can see what I mean.

Lazy, boring, annoying and a big big waste of talent. And time. Don't waste yours - avoid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jack and Jill DVD, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] (DVD)
Disappointed with Adam Sandler this time round as the whole thing felt very weak ! although my nine year old daughter thought is was funny!!

1.0 out of 5 stars One star Jack and Jill, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] (DVD)
Being Adam Sandler I thought this film would be funny, but I was wrong. I would not recommend this film.

1.0 out of 5 stars The 2ND worst film of all time!, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] (DVD)
This film is diabolical. Al Pacino should be ashamed for being involved with this.

Number 1 worst film is That's My Boy [DVD] [2012] That's my boy is the aids of films.

Jack and Jill is attrocious. Do not watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yep! It IS the worst film ever!, 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] (DVD)
If I could give this zero stars I would! It's so irritatingly, embarrasingly bad!! How did it ever get the go-ahead? I was prepared for a bit of childish, lame humour, but it doesn't come even anywhere near that. In short, it is definitely the worst film I have ever seen!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Contender for one of the worst films in years..., 7 Dec 2012
G. Stephenson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] (DVD)
Before I watched JACK AND JILL I heard that it was an absolutely horrible film. So I watched it and...yeah. IT WAS ****** AWFUL! Literally one of the worst films I've seen in years. Adam Sandler has made some really funny films. Recently, he made JUST GO WITH IT, which I liked a lot, but this was just disasterous. Annoying. Tragic. Scary even. Adam Sandler isn't even a very good actor in this movie, which was very dissapointing. Katie Holmes and Al Pacino were good, but not good enough. Jill has an extremely annoying voice which reminded me of ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS but worse. The storyline was dull, formulaic and very, very, VERY stupid, with jokes and toilet-humour that just wasn't funny! The characters were unrealistic, unlikeable and weren't given the time to develop at all. Sometimes I couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for Jill, but she was so disgusting and annoying it didn't really matter. There were one or two jokes that made me smile (but not laugh), and that was it. Overall, apart from HORRID HENRY: THE MOVIE and THE LAST AIRBENDER, this is the worst film in years. 1.5/10

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Jack and Jill (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] by Dennis Dugan (DVD - 2012)