Format: DVD|Change

on 19 August 2012
I know that this has had a load of poor reviews and a load of awards for supposedly being the worst film ever but to be honest it is so so so funny.... I was laughing out loud on a flight to Florida and I mean really laughing and I am not one to laugh at anything...... Since we purchased the DVD my kids have watched this about seven times and they are still laughing at it....

So look if you need a film that offers nothing except a good laugh and brightens up a lazy Sunday when its raining surely you cannot go far wrong with this.

An OSCAR WINNER its not but a family favourite.... it certainly is in our house..
on 28 March 2014
So yes the film is awful, but Sandler must be doing something right because look at the box office for this.

But it's nowhere near as bad as what the critics or other users on this site are stating.

The film does have no plot though or no fluid narration. What there is of a plot goes like this. Sandler runs an advertising agency, they may close down unless they get Al Pacino to star in a commercial.

Jill comes to town, Pacino falls in love with her. Thats it.

But thanks to Pacino, the film is one of those wondrous creations like The Room, or Troll 2, which are awful, but have so much longevity about them, they demand to be watched.

Pacino is extraordinary in this, and if it was just a normal actor playing a character, it would be one of the worst movie ever made.

The film becomes funny whenever Pacino is on screen, because Pacino knows how to be self deprecating and he knows how to overact.

Sandler doesn't overdo the Pacino bit though, but doesn't focus on the rest of the film sadly. The rest is devoid of humour, but not atrocious stuff, because you can watch it in awe.

Depp gets asked if he was in Duran Duran and he says yes, and admittedly, the last three minutes are the funniest thing i've seen in a Sandler movie this decade.

Maybe Pacino and Sandler were watching a rough cut of this movie when Pacino says 'this must never be seen'.

Thanks to people who have lambasted this movie, this will becomes Sandlers cult movie, the movie people will be watching in years to come.

Egg on your face for the haters, I think they bumped the box office up...
on 21 September 2013
loved this film as we could watch as a family, didn't have to worry about bad language or the content being rude the age in our family is from 10 to 55 and we done nothing but laugh, so enjoy.
on 28 October 2014
I like Adam Sandler and thus I like this movie. It tells the story about a set of twins, both played by Sandler, who meet after many years of separation. They have a lot of conflicts but everything seems to fall into place at the end :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2012
I am a big fan of Adam Sandler and when you look at the list of top actors playing cameo appearances you have a garanteed sucess right? Wrong. This was painfull viewing indeed. Jill was entirely unconvincing and as a character and a woman. The humour was slapstick, pretty contrived and at times pretty disgusting. I simply can't believe the generally positive reviews on this site. Awfull. I won't ruin the ending for you - I can't, I couldn't get that far.
on 4 March 2014
When I saw this film's poster, I thought it looked like another typical Sandler film, with no humour and simple, cringey ideas.
I was not disappointed. This film is exactly what I thought it would be. Just another film that everyone has seen, and will end up in every single charity shop for 50p.
I didn't give it 1 star because even though he produces lots of films like this one, I have some respect for Adam Sandler. He's a good actor, let down by the awful films he's put in. I laughed 3 times in this film. 2 of those times were mild chuckles, and the other time was when an old lady got hit in the face. That should give you a good enough idea of what the film is like.
If I had paid 50p or £1 for this film, I wouldn't be so against it, but the £5 I paid wasn't worth it.
on 15 April 2014
Terrible, badly acted and incredibly boring, i managed around 10 minutes. Adam Sandler has completely lost it and seems to be clutching at straws
on 24 October 2013
I chose this rating because I loved the movie. I liked it because Adam Sandler was in it and I would recommend it to fans of his.
on 10 October 2013
Love Adam Sandler. Very funny but also a silly film...lol Brought as a Christmas present for my Neice & Nephew. Speedy delivery. Couldn't ask for more. Thank you very much. Would definitely recommend.
on 24 May 2014
The humor is typical of Adam sandler. If you've seen one of his movies you've seen them all. You'll know every punchline about 5 minutes before it happens. Lets all have an over the top laugh at somebody simply breaking-wind. Yes, that is the type of humor you should expect from this movie, and all of adam sandler's movies really.

It was boring and unfunny. If i could have given it a -Star rating i would have.