Style Name: BGA 45.5mm|Change

on 23 October 2014
These are very handy raingards for compact binoculars. I only wonder why they are made bulkier than they need to be for the purpose. I cut off the protrusions on the bridge. They are a nuisance when folding the binoculars.
Similarly, the major part of the rim along the left side can be cut off with a sharp knife. One only needs the part that corresponds to the strap attachment on the binoculars.As not all binoculars have their strap attachment in the same position, the rainguard needs to be made with this adjustable version. That is a very clever way, though it first looks a bit odd.
on 18 June 2012
I recently bought a pair of Nikon Sporter 8x42 binoculars (another excellent product by the way). They come only with single caps for the tops of the lenses. Though they're rainproof I don't want rain drops on the viewing lenses so I looked for a rainguard. The opticron one fits the bill exactly. What's more, the join between the two sides bends so that you don't have that annoying business of always having to adjust the width of your bins whenever you take the rainguard on or off. It's a sturdy plastic which will take knocks -- I sometimes carry a camera as well as bins and though I have the former on a shortened strap and the latter on a longer harness, I do worry about the bottom of the camera coming into contact with the glass of the binoculars.
I highly recommend these -- and they come in different diameters so you can buy the one which fits your particular model (just remember to measure it carefully!)
on 15 May 2014
I finally got driven mad by the rain guard provided by Swarovski for my bins. It's beautifully engineered but about as user-friendly as a cornered rat. The 43mm Opticron version is a perfect fit and a million times better than the manufacturer's original.
on 4 November 2013
I had bought a pair of Nikon sporter ex 10x42 binoculars which had no eye covers but these are a perfect fit and are very easy to use.
on 30 November 2015
I have just purchased a pair of these 37mm Opticron BGA binocular rain-guards for a pair of classic Carl Zeiss 10 x 42B (1980's) that I have just purchased second hand. They fit extremely snuggly over the lenses and also attach very easily on the left side to the neck strap. As long as you measure your lens correctly, you cannot go wrong with this robust, stylish product which is also, at under £10 very good value. Andrew Bruce, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland.
on 21 May 2013
I bought the 43mm end cap to replace the original one from my Nikon 10 x 42 SE CF's which fell off and got lost. It's fits perfectly and isn't as clunky as the original one. Also, the original end cap wasn't completely captured there was a gap in the bit that holds it to the binocular strap - this was how mine got lost. This one cannot come off once you've attached it your strap.
on 17 March 2016
I lost the rainguard from my Swaro 8x32's. I'd never been completely happy with it and baulked at the price of a new one. I saw these for about 2/3 the price. I opted for the slightly larger size and got it spot on. Whereas the original one was very snug fit, too snug I think, these fit beautifully and are easy and quick to get off and on. I'm very happy I decided on them.
on 1 May 2014
Does a great job of protecting the eyepieces of binoculars and being one piece is better than fiddling with two seperate covers.
My partner also purchased when he saw mine.
Only negative is they don't come with a lanyard. I guess it is easy to fit your own but this would be a 5 star product if included.
on 13 March 2016
High quality but just too large for for the smallest full size binoculars i.e. my wifes' 8x42 HR's. I would have ordered the compact ones but they may have been a fraction too small. I sorted by packing them out with some sticky back foam padding.
on 24 April 2016
After fitting 28-38mm eye shields to my Swarovski 8x30 CL Companion Binocular the i found the 0riginal 35mm diameter eye caps would not fit. With the eye shields fitted the the diameter is 45mm. These Opticron 45.5mm fitted perfect. Excellent.