5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Gadget
Very pleased with this purchase, I can attach my powerfull binoculars to my camera tripod and go stargazing..great views of the moon, and Jupiter with its moons.
Very sturdy attachment which I can see lasting many years.
Published on 6 Dec 2011 by B. R. Nicholls

3.0 out of 5 stars only fits some binos
Does not fit universally had to adapt it to fit binos and tripod would not reccoment this item more trouble than its worth
Published 4 months ago by Mel

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Gadget, 6 Dec 2011
Very sturdy attachment which I can see lasting many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opticron Tripod Mount (Small Size), 9 Aug 2012
Honest Joe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opticron Tripod L Mount Standard Adaptor for Binoculars to 50mm (Electronics)
***UPDATED 26 AUGUST 2012***
It also fits my Celestron 15 x 70 Skymaster binos no problem (I sent the Olympus binos back).

Original Review:
Bought this for my Olympus DPS I 10 x 50 binos, it fits great and is also a great fit for my 8 x 40 Helios Fieldmaster binos. Very substantial bracket, no danger of accidentally bending it. Can be used on a tripod or monopod no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Binocular Mount/ Adaptor for Tripod, 16 Mar 2013
I bought this to replace the plastic mount supplied with Celestron's 15x70 Skymaster Binoculars. The Celestron mount supplied is not particular robust (it is made from plastic, probably polycarbonate.) When using it, the binoculars oscillate from side to side and take quite a time to settle down, making it not particularly good for viewing the sky (the binoculars themselves are excellent quality for the price.)
This metal mount is more robust, the degree of oscillation is less, and the oscillation dampens down much more quickly. In my opinion, it makes the binoculars far more usable for sky viewing with a tripod.

It would be good if Celestron supplied a better quality mount with their binoculars.
Until they do, I'd recommend this as a good replacement.

Note added three months later;

Before you buy; Check the screw thread size of the mounting bush on your binoculars. This mount fits my Celestron 15x70 (bought in March 2013), but it doesn't appear to fit all binoculars (one example; a Celestron 15x70, bought in 2005). Also, see two examples of negative feedback in reviews below over thread size being incorrect for other binoculars. However, most customers are very happy, as am I.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but a word of warning., 19 Sep 2013
D. French (UK) - See all my reviews
Sturdy, well made and worth the money paid. However if purchasing for Barr & Stroud Sierra(or Similar) make sure you purchase some M6 or 1/4 inch nylon washers at the same time as the depth of thread is not compatible. Also knurled ring is slightly to large (for these Bino's) and consequently scuffs the casing when attaching. Happy with the quality of the product but a pity full dimensions of item are not shown on listing, as not immediately compatible with my kit. Would probably have gone for something different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 18 Mar 2013
It did take me a few minutes to work out how to attach it to my Olympus 10x50 binoculars but that's either my stupidity or the lack of instructions from Olympus.
However, it works fine. I had to remove a cap covering the front central hinge on my binoculars to reveal the threaded socket into which the silver bolt from the mount adaptor screws. Then the top of my tripod has a removable foot that screws into one of the two (could be either one) threaded holes on the opposite arm of the 'L' adaptor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shake-free viewing, 22 Mar 2012
A good, sturdy bracket. A solid mounting is important for binoculars, especially the larger ones. This brackets is rock-solid. Definitely worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 7 Aug 2012
Robert Groom (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought one of these, not for the original intended purpose, but as an 'L' bracket for my Fuji X100 camera, to allow me to mount it in portrait mode on my video tripod - mainly so I can take sweeping pano shots with it.

The bracket is robustly made, though it is not precisely at 90 degrees - at least mine wasn't. However, a quick clamp in a vice and the application of a small amount of muscle and it was spot-on.

Both holes in the base are tapped 1/4" and the screw thread on the thumb wheel is also 1/4".

In use, it's very sturdy, and I can't imagine it flexing much under all but extreme force.

Great value for money, and the precision of the 90 degree bend for its original intended application is unlikely to be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid product, 9 Mar 2012
I am using my binoculars to to view the night sky and the bracket is ideal to attach it to my tripod. It's sturdy and well made. I know I will never wear it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opticron Tripod Mount Adaptor for Roof Prism Binoculars, 15 Dec 2011
B. Leslie (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Well made and solid.
Is easy to attach to your binoculars (via tripod bush) and certainly does what was intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mount..., 13 Mar 2012
I. Paetow (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Bought this mount hoping it would be much sturdier than the one supplied with my 15x70 bins. It certainly lived up to my expectations and does not wobble about like my originl one did - great improvement! All I need to do now is upgrade my tripod.