Top critical review
22 people found this helpful
on 17 December 2011
Firstly, this is just a review if the screwdriver as that's what it was bought for.
Hard to believe that this is a Bosch product it's so poorly thought out:
1) There is no variable speed on the trigger. It's on or off so if you want to start slowly while your screw grips, you're out of luck.
2) There is no torque adjustment (unless you buy a replacement chuck assembly). So you need to be extremely careful not to screw too far or destroy the screw head.
3) It has LEDs to indicate which direction is selected but they only light when you pull the trigger & can see which way it's turning anyway.
4) It's top heavy & the handle is very small. Unless you have a child's hands you have to place your forefinger along the barrel & hold with just three fingers.
5) The supplied bits aren't magnetised to hold screws in place.
6) Some good news - almost. It has a little LED to illuminate the work area. Great for the back of cupboards even if it is manky, dull yellow colour. Shame it only comes on AFTER you pull the trigger!
7) A minor gripe in light of the above but it comes in an oversized wooden box. But the insert is only thin card & won't last.
As I said, I haven't used the corkscrew attachment but was disappointed to find that the housing was made of plastic.
This was supposed to be my father's Christmas present & I also bought one for myself but they'll both be going back. I haven't always had the greatest relationship with my father but I don't dislike him enough to inflict this upon him...