5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air in the world of weddings, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: Practical Wedding (Paperback)
'A Practical Wedding' really strips weddings back to their roots and and encourages the bride (or groom) to think beyond the kind of details that wedding magazines tell us are all-important.
Split into categories for planning, budgeting, DIY and lots more practical advice plus lots of real-life stories and practical tips and emotional support, this book has basically saved my sanity while planning my own wedding.
If you feel worried that you aren't getting anywhere with your planning and feel overwhelmed at the enormity of the occasion then this book is definitely for you.
In fact, even if you are breezing through wedding planning buy this book anyway as it is an enjoyable read for anyone planning a wedding and makes so many valid points that you can't help but be inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sane Wedding Planning, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Practical Wedding (Paperback)
I totally devoured this book, and spent a lot of time reading sections out loud to my fiancee. It gives great tips on planning, budgets, family, ceremony etc. But more importantly it re-establishes the wedding as the start of a marriage and nothing else. It also is great for letting you know that there are a million emotions that you might face in the run up to your wedding and thats ok, because it's big and it's scary! Loved it and the website [...]. I also think there is a lot more in the book than you get on the website so really worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone planning a wedding should read this!, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Practical Wedding (Paperback)
my only regret is that I only found this book about a month before the wedding. Wish I'd found it earlier!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this for all newly engaged couples!, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Practical Wedding (Paperback)
Meg does a great job with this book which is a wonderful supplement to the blog. So helpful for those starting out, and in the midst of planning, to regain some sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Practical Wedding (Paperback)
This is hands down the best wedding book I have read! No million 'must haves', its all about the joy of marriage and a wedding day that's perfect for YOU.
I LOVED the book (although the, small, pre-wedding counselling section was a tad to 'American' for my tastes)I found most of it to be very inspirational particularly "I will not remember what our wedding looked like, but I will remember what it felt like".
Have recommended to many people already & I'm sure I'll read it again as the big day draws a little closer!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: A Practical Wedding: Creative Ideas for Planning a Beautiful, Affordable, and Meaningful Celebration (Kindle Edition)
Ahem, I'm a bit keen on the philosophy of A Practical Wedding. It's down to earth, its practical and its not joyless with it. Buy the book and bookmark the website. It will keep you sane.