4.0 out of 5 stars A great start to the series!
Hmmmmmm, read some mixed reviews on this book but I ended up liking it.

Synopsis: For the last two years Ari's life has been anything but normal and on her 18th birthday, when her friends surprise her with a gimmick genie claiming to grant wishes, Ari discovers the truth. The tragic and strange occurrences surrounding her 16th birthday were not coincidental and...
Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by Sam

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh
As it was free and the reviews were very good I tried this book but I couldn't get into it at all - I think perhaps because the personalities aren't very nice from the get go so there was no one character to reel me into the story.
Published on 22 Mar. 2012 by Teeno

4.0 out of 5 stars Smokeless Fire, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Smokeless Fire is a book that has decided to go against the flow of vampires and werewolves and go into the less well-known subject of the Jinn. It was wonderful to read about something different and as Ari learnt about who and what she was, so I learned about the Jinn too.

Jai is a cracking character who already has so much substance to him but will also continue to grow. He has a dry, sharp wit and proves that he is capable in a crisis.

Charlie is a character that I felt sorry for to start with and understood how Ari would stand by him but by the end, he was annoying me and I completely agree with Jai's feelings regarding him.

Ari is the main female, caught in a triangle with who she feels she loves because of their history together and who she would like to find out if she a future with. She also has to find a way to deal with all she learns about herself and the Jinn.

A good storyline, told with an even pace and good characters to build upon. Well worth the read and the rest of the series have been placed on my wishlist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genie without the lamp, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Browsed through my kindle and found this from a while back and glad I picked it. I've been abit bored lately with the stories seemingly abit similar and nothings caught my eye but this definitely did.

Ari Johnson is turning 18 and graduating from high school and while her friends are excitedly planning their time at College she's having panic attacks about a future she's not sure she wants. It all goes back to her best friend a secret love Charlie. They were inseperable until his brother was killed two years ago and since her one constant has drifted away from her leaving her alone while her fathers away on business.
Ari's teenage life is definitely not magical.

Jai's a part of the human Jinn and a Guardian in LA. He's never been good enough for his family but now a member of Jinn Royalty has put him on a special task to protect Ari 24/7. She's not what he expected though and he fights to stay professional.

Ari finds out who she really is and her life is forever changed.

Great characters. Ari is moody and sassy with great wit and fun one liners that kept me hooked. She's more woman than teen but her "no way" language is funny to read and really draws you into her.
Jai is the ultimate leading man. Brooding, sexy, damaged but completely honorable. You can tell right away he'll be Ari's love interest but watching the journey is fun.
Charlie has gone through something traumatic so you empathize with him completely but at the same time you get annoyed with him for shutting Ari out and wasting his life. He does redeem himself though but will it come too late.

New and fresh with great in depth characters and an easy to follow storyline that has drama and suspense.

Onto book 2!

4.0 out of 5 stars What was I waiting for??, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
So this book has been on my kindle for well over a year and boy am i glad i finally got round to reading it.

Ok, so I am so on team Jai.

Don't get me wrong but Charlie in this book acts more like a dufuss, only really being there for Ari when he realises what's at stake and possibly even more what she can do for him. It seems that Charlie has an ulterior motive, especially after being so excited to hear that myths can be true.

I like Jai. The emotionally troubled Jinn (though I think he would take offended at being called that). Jai does his best to keep his distant from Ari, but we all know something is bound to happen between them.

Ari is a strong individual who is just looking for the acceptance from her dad, then her world is thrown into chaos. Not only is she not human, but she is an object of power that could win the war between the ruling Jinn and their father.

A story well told and I can't wait to read the second book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I didn't want thus book to end , I can't wIt to find out if ari and jai get together loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER BRILLIANT BOOK, 23 Feb. 2013
Serena Myles (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Samantha has done it again.
I have yet to read one of her books and be disappointed
This was a book i had on my kindle for a while and after reading a lot of historical romance and YA i decided i need a bit of a paranormal change.
And this was exactly what i needed. I finished it in one night and am dying to just jump right into the second one.
Brilliant read and would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read! great book, great characters!, 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The book starts off by introducing Ari and her friends and the teenage drama surrounding every day life...with a tiny twist. Her old best friend has been blaming himself for his little brothers death and has fallen in to a black pit of drinking, drugs and sex with easy young girls. Ari is absolutely devastated at what this is doing to him and, with her love for him, she vows to bring him back from the edge before it is too late.

Already a great plot/story right?

Add another guy, Jai, a sexy, brooding Jinn with a hot body, compassionate personality and great skills with magic and combat. Jai, though Ari doesnt understand why, becomes her guardian to protect her from the other Jinn and those who would try to harm her...because our Ari has a deeper secret that even she is unaware of! He confuses her, intrigues her and leaves her baffled by her new feelings for a boy who isnt Charlie.

I picked up this book and refused to put it down until 2 am in the morning, even knowing I had to be up early for work the next morning (boy did I pay for that-but it was totally worth it!)

The characters are fantastically written, as well as the plot lines and the sub plots and the twists and turns, the backstabbing and betrayal, the double crossing and cruelty. It all kept me rivited to my kindle for hours and hours and hours. Ari is beautiful and brave and caring and strong. Charlie, though we are led to think of him as a bit of a loser, definately tugs on the heart strings when his troubles are revealed, though we are kept guessing all the way through about his intentions when he suddenly snaps out of his downer. And then there is Jai, my favourite character in the book and one I could not stop drooling over. He is a dark, brooding male with a troubled past, a father he hates and brothers who are...well...knobs. But underneath that he is strong and passionate and, my personal opinion, more on Ari's level than Charlie could ever hope to be.

The story is paced well, keeping you in suspense but allowing humour to seep in and relieve the tension every so often. I connected with Ari from the very begining and literally bit my lip every time she was in danger, hoping Jai would come to the rescue....but Ari is no damsel she has her own set of
skills...powerful ones.

Then came the ending! A great cliffhanger and lots more about the characters to explore. I have a feeling this trilogy is going to leave you guessing until the very end. It is going to be full of ups and downs and twists and turns and I am going to love each one...In fact, the moment I finished this book, i bought the second.

This is a must read for everyone and anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars YA Paranormal Romance - with Genies!, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
We all know the saying about not judging a book by it's cover, but that cover just blew me away with it's golden flames, sparkles and a pretty face! Istarted the book without even reading the blurb!

The pretty face on the cover turns out to be Ari, the main character in the story. She lives at home with her father (when he's not away on business) and has just graduated school. The story starts shortly before Ari's 18th birthday at a time when Ari thinks she is just your average kid. She's not, and as we find out very quickly, Ari's real parents are not who she thought they were. They're not even human! (Not a spoiler - this is in the blurb).

It was a refreshing change to have a different type of paranormal being that the usual vampires, angels, faeries and werewolves. In Smokeless Fire, we have Jinn (or genies), who from what we find out in the book, are mostly evil, cunning creatures who love causing havoc.

It was very easy to quickly become attached to the main characters In Smokeless Fire. Ari is intelligent, although a little anxious as even at graduation she has no idea what she wants to do with her life and it doesn't help that all her friends have planned for years and are all set to head off to their respective colleges. She's also really worried about her best friend Charlie who she's known for many years. After an accident on Ari's 16th birthday which pulled Charlies' family apart, Charlie has taken to drinking and drugs, but Ari is not about to give up on him. Then along comes stunningly handsome half-Jinn, Jai, who puts a big spanner in the works!

I got so involved in the plot whilst reading Smokeless Fire that I really didn't want it to end, and OMG there is a pretty major cliffhanger! With plenty of action, Genies, Kings, other worldly creatures and just a touch of blood and gore, Smokeless Fire makes for a great read. There is no way I wont be grabbing book 2 as soon as it is released! This YA paranormal romance was an awesome story and one I totally recommend you add to your reading pile very soon!

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 22 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1)