Since I was pretty wary of getting these boots because of the 1-star review, I thought I would address its points after I bought the boots. As soon as I got them, I examined them carefully and I think I see the other reviewer's problems.

Published on 25 April 2012 by E.U. Glass

3.0 out of 5 stars Extremely nice boots
Beautiful quality Boots & very eye-catching. They would make people envious ! Excellent value for mponey. They arrived extremely quickly. I had to return them unfortunately as they were slightly too small. I returned them with a proof of delivery. It took a month to get the money back & only because i filed an a-z claim. Surprisingly the supplier then located the boots !!!
Published 20 months ago by BevUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Extremely nice boots, 7 Dec 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, they're really Timberland. No, they're the right size. Sadly, they're asymmetrical., 25 April 2012
This review is from: Timberland Women's Lucille Buckle Zip Side Boots (Apparel)

1.)There is no branding on the box or on the sole of the boot, but inside the boot, the inner sole is marked TIMBERLAND BOOT COMPANY. You have to look down inside the boot. The Timberland tree logo is also clearly visible on the side zippers. Since I find logos obnoxious, I prefer this to overt branding, but your mileage may vary.

2.) When I got the boots, they were too small for me (I'm a US 8.5-9, and a UK 7) and I could not fit my foot in comfortably... so I performed the small miracle of reaching inside the boot and removing the stiff, molded piece of papier-mache the company placed inside the toe to help it keep its shape during shipping. This structure was not obviously placed and you couldn't really see it from looking down into the boot. You had to reach inside and pull it out. After that, they were a UK size 7.

There is a quirky anomaly with the boots I received. The left one has a single strap with two buckles that goes across the laces... like in the photo on this website. The right boot has two separate straps that do the same thing; one broad one and one slender suede strap that goes across that. It looks like the version of the same boot that is sold on the American Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Womens-Company%C2%AE-Lucille-Buckle/dp/B003XTEPTC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335383717&sr=8-3

See the two straps? I'm still trying to decide if this bothers or amuses me. I mean, the boots clearly don't match, but it's pretty whimsical and I think I'll go with it. After writing an annoying letter to Timberland/Amazon, of course, because that's not a problem with the boots, it's a problem with the people.

The boots are good. They didn't do anything wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots but..., 11 Sep 2012
These boots looked great, however, they came up far to small as a size 9 so needed to be returned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous boots, attrocious sizing, 24 Feb 2014
Ordered these when they were a deal of the day. They are beautiful boots, amazingly finished but unfortunately the sizing is well off. I ordered my normal size and could barely cram my foot in, it is like they are least a size smaller than labelled. Also because they were the deal of the day, I could only reorder at full price so didn't bother.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoe but are they really timberland??, 17 Jan 2012
The shoes are lovely, but had to return them. Here is what happened:
- I placed 2 orders with 2 different sellers for timberland ladies boots / different models
- the lucille buckle tan arrived first / beautiful new box, but no branding anywhere
- ordered size 7uk/ 9 USA but the boots are almost 3 sizes smaller and felt extremely tight. Impossible to believe they are a size 7uk.
- once I got the other pair of boots (timberland) I could compare the fit / branding and I can say that I DO fit size 7 uk in timberland
- the boots lucille buckle tan have no branding at all under the sole / on the boot side, unlike the other boots
- the box had no timberland branding on it
I feel the boots are therefore not original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Shoes, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Timberland Women's Lucille Buckle Zip Side Boots (Apparel)
Bought 3 pairs as gifts. arrived in just 2 days.

Absolutely love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots....., 9 April 2014
Nice boots, well finished with a lovely red velvet trim inside the top of the boot....but they are a bit on the neat side fit-wise. I wear a size 4 and have a slim foot and these boots were very neat on the toes - to the point that I started to loose circulation in my toes after half an hour of wearing. Obviously, I'm keeping them as they look good (whilst really hoping that they comfy up with wearing)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impeccable, 6 April 2014
I've been lurking around this pair of boots since 2012, that's a pretty long while uh?
Well, it's not like I was always following them of course, I put them in my wishlist and from time to time, sometimes months apart (I completely forgot about them in summer and spring), took a look at the price...until last weekend, when I was passing by here and saw that they were almost 80% off! 60gbp instead of 270gbp? Wow! I ordered them at once!

About the size: since I already own Timberland boots, independently from all the reviews that said they were small, I already knew I had to take one size up. I can't guaranty you it's the same for everyone though, this is my personal experience: I'm either size 6uk(39) or size 6.5uk(39.5) depending on the models of shoes, but I buy 7uk(40) for Timberland, and they fit me p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y!

About the brand and quality: it was already said before by other reviewers, but I shall confirm it to you guys again: YES, these are original Timberland. Impeccable quality of leather, no complains.

About the comfort: wore them out for the first time yesterday and they were very comfy, I was not bothered whatsoever at any given point, I could walk all day in these!

They have a retro look, and surprisingly might actually not fit all types of outfits; in spite of looking 'standard' on the pictures, having them in hands gives off another kind of feelings, I don't know quite how to put it in words...the tan color feels a bit more intense in real life compared in the photos? and the overall looks too? Something like that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the boot, hate the sizing..., 5 April 2014
No idea what they were on with this... Yes, it is original Timberland product (someone was worried about the box - this is a quirky design of theirs) and that the boots don't match, well, they are not supposed to - it is a 'custom' type of product. However, the sizing is totally off, so couldn't get the right one for my wife. When I sent it back, they didn't have them in stock, so shame really...

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny!, 3 Aug 2014
Very small made! Nice books but detailing a bit more fussy than appears in the image.