on 20 August 2013
Used straight out of the box on my Nikon D5100 with no problems. Appears well made and comparable to Nikon original. Half press the button and it auto-focusses, full press and shutter is released. Haven't worked out the full forward push to keep the shutter open.for long exposure. The instructions are basic but not really needed. About 1 meter of cable. For just a few pounds this is well worth it.
on 21 February 2012
Just received the product and done a quick test with it. Working absolutely fine with my model of camera, plugged straight into the GPS port. The port is a little snug so make sure you push it in tight, and it does take some effort to take it out again. I'm happy with this though as I'd rather it be a snug fitting than loose.

The device itself is about 8cm - 10cm long so not overly big or too small. Build quality is ok it is plastic and there is only so much you can do, I hope it last and it should considering the job it has to do. Don't quite get the point of the hold mechanism as I can't think what I would use this for. Cord is about 60cm - 70cm which is a good length. The button does feel slighly flimsy but I'm really nit picking at this.

My honest opinion is based on the price of this item and for what it is, I'd certainly recommend it to anyone after a wired shutter release, especially if you intend on doing some low light shooting as I do!

I took a punt on this and the NEEWER Wireless IR Remote Control Shutter Release ML-L3, because bother were so cheap I didn't feel I had much too lose. Now I have both I can take the shots I want from behind and infront the camera, so I'm a very happy shooper indeed and would recommend to anyone, especially at a sub £2 item like this.

Hope this review and recommendation helps someone else to make their decision.
on 6 November 2015
Works with no problem at all, little struggle getting the lead back out of the camera but it's just being fussy about a minor thing. Saved me a few ££ anyway from having to purchase a Nikon one! I am an amateur photographer who is starting this exciting hobby, well worth it for a starter.
on 5 January 2015
I bought this to use with my D7000 and thought for the asking price a quarter of the Nikon MC-DC2 it is worth a go, well I havn't used it much but, it seems sturdy enough so time will tell, I have other shutter releases from this maker and they are still going strong after 3 yrs, and I use them a lot.
on 20 December 2012
I am thrilled with this item >>> at a fraction of the price of the Nikon equivalent you get a sturdy remote with decent cable (thickness and length)which does precisely what it is designed to do.

The large companies need to have a long hard look at themselves and decide if what they are offering is value for money because for this type of accessory third party manufacturers are delivering precisely what the customer wants. If the Nikon item had been just a little bit more expensive then I would have probably opted for it ... but the margin is immense (as with the cordless remote) and I am very pleased to have opted for this item.
on 7 March 2013
If you bought one of these it's probably because your a keen amateur photographer like me. I bought it for Star Trails and to eliminate camera shake. Will arrive between 7-27 it arrived on the 7th great delivery well packaged. such simplistic instructions it is light yet has a good build quality feel to it, has a lock option and has a snug fir into the camera. I use it with my Nikon D90 I am to believe it works on all D models plugs into the GPS port. Very Happy with this purchase. Would advise anybody to get it.
on 22 July 2013
Perfect for taking the shake out of my tripod photos. Mimicks the shutter release button remotely including autofocus and locking for long exposures. I did buy the IR version before realising that the D3100 does not have an IR reciever built in. This is by far the best alternative and at a shockingly low price.

Fast and free delivery.
on 15 November 2013
I was originally going to purchase the Nikon version at 5 times the price, when I saw this alternative version. It works really well with my D7100, is ideal for taking long exposures in bulb mode and appears well made for the money. A bargain at the price!
on 24 March 2013
Only used a few times but it does what it says and is a very reasonable price. Only concern is the tightness of the connector which has to be carefully put in and removed and could potentially damage the camera. Allows automatic focusing and bulb function- very pleased and fast delivery.
on 8 June 2013
Needed one of these for my new Nikon D3100 did not fancy pay for the named brand as they are fairly expensive this was less than half the price.On arrival I plugged it in and it works just fine with the camera.

See one answered question