on 23 December 2011
Medieval England is in social and moral decline. Merlin even detects some of the king's subjects are buying Magic mushrooms to drug themselves. Additionally King Arthur suspects some of his so called friends are in fact dangerous enemies, so daydreams of going to Avalon the Island paradise in the western seas. Arthur and his Knights of Camelot, Merlin, Lancelot and Wolf intend to slow the countries deterioration. In fact a great deal of this novel and the entire series is driven by the main characters sexuality, outstanding hazardous action and misadventure. That can`t be bad, surely Sarah Luddington is the Queen of this Genre of historical fiction. This novel should not be missed.
on 22 October 2011
The second installment of the series does not disappoint! I finished the book in roughly six hours of marathon reading as I couldn't put it down.

*****mild spoiler********

After the first book I kept hoping for Lancelot and Arthur to find a way for their love to work- after this book I now have hope that Lancelot can find love with Tancred; my heart ached for Lancelot at the end of this book. To finally have found someone who could possibly replace Arthur, only to have that person brutally tortured and stolen from him in the worst way. I know if it were me, that would be enough to drive me to madness too.

Thank you Sarah for such an amazing book series!
on 26 April 2013
Could not wait to read this book following the first Sarah Luddington Lancelot book. Really well written with some great new fey characters. Lancelot begins to discover who he is and understand his powers. The end seems a little rushed, Already this being my only criticism. Already bought the third book.
on 4 February 2012
If you saw my review for the first book in this series, I need not explain my excitement any further. Continuing the drama between Sir Lancelot and King Arthur and their struggle for the kingdom of England, here is another tale of excitement and action. The magical connections step it up a notch, the bloodshed is more ferocious and violent, and I was so drawn in with Lancelot as he told his tale that I feel he is right beside me as I read. I like the fact that this isn't simply a story of a warrior fighting for the good of humankind. He acts on impulse, and often out of selfish need or desire, which is something we can all relate to. I also love the supernatural element of these books, but I won't spoil it for new readers! I simply say, read them and see for yourself.
on 5 January 2013
This book was a surprising eye opener for me, The story itself is interesting and well set.The characters are excellent in this story that is full of adventure, I would describe it as one of those story's that sucks you in and carry's you along. The only thing I did not expect was the homosexual relationship between the two main characters. So definitely not a children's book.
on 7 August 2012
The second book in The Knights of Camelot series, Lancelot and the Sword is a sad book to read. The end is upsetting and it makes you want to read Lancelot and the Grail desperately in the hope that everything works out for our hero.
on 20 June 2012
The second book in The Knights of Camelot series has left me totally addicted to these stories. Continuing from book one the relationship between Arthur and Lancelot just keeps getting stronger and complicated. But on an adventure to claim the sword Exaclibur which will help Camelot from ruin , Lancelot has choices to make . Should he stay with Arthur or live his own life? Could Tancred - another of Arthurs most loyal knights be more than just a brother in arms?? Read Lancelot and the Sword to find out. The books just get better and better!:
on 18 January 2013
These books (the Camelot series) are all easy to read, and the author has mastered the trick of writing a good ending which at the same time leaves the reader wanting more - profitable, no doubt. It's unfortunate that they all suffer from poor proof reading and editing, and this may affect your enjoyment. The text is littered with grammatical errors, missing or incorrect punctuation and typing errors. For example, we have "a time of quite", "what about king's you prick?" (sic - missing punctuation and incorrect apostrophe - which makes one wonder what the author really intended). There are silly errors such as "put" instead of "but". Most extraordinary of all is a reference to the difficulty which Guinevere has in "siring" an heir ... something which even in times of myth and legend would surely have been a little tricky for her. There are other instances of complete misuse of English, such as "we need to return to more conducive company". Conducive to what? I have no idea what word the author intended - congenial perhaps? Finally there is the usual problem that non-English authors have apparently no idea of the geography of England, and cannot be bothered to find out. On the other hand I suppose that realism is hardly essential in mythical settings, gigantic mountain ranges can be put down to poetic licence, and at least there are no solecisms as bad as the "Welsh" heroine of whom I read recently, who carried a National Health card and enjoyed double orders of blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

Rather more serious is the way in which nearly all the characters seem to be bi-polar, and suffer from wild mood swings which are only justifiable as a device to move the plot forward, or introduce the next sex scene. None of them, particularly the women, are drawn with any conviction, and their arbitrary emotional instability contributes to their lack of definition. Lancelot himself appears to have all the self-insight of a lemming. Although he frequently thinks and speaks in a generic modern jargon, he apparently does not even have a cod-psychological awareness of his own motivation. Indeed, the use of contemporary language and modes of thought is itself jarring, and when the characters lose track of one another, as they often do, one is sometimes tempted to wonder why they don't merely use their mobile phones to re-establish contact. It is notable that the first really engaging sequence in the books, which occurs when Tancred attempts to heal Lancelot from his mental illness at the start of book 3, abandons this stylistic anachronism and is written in a kind of sub-Tolkien style featuring Lancelot as Gollum. Consequently it works very much better that most of the surrounding story, and is genuinely moving.

Perhaps it is unfair to focus on these errors, which for most people will not detract from their enjoyment, and indeed, did not detract very much from mine, but on the other hand it would be no more than a few hours work to make the necessary corrections, (although the style is another matter, of course) and it may say something about the author's pride in her work that so much carelessness is evident in the final published versions. But again, that too may be unfair, since the books are never intended to be more than pulp fiction - at least, I hope not. None of it detracts from the fact that they are all a very good read, ideal for a long flight or train journey.
on 29 January 2013
I must start with saying that I LOVE this series. I got the first one as it was free for my kindle and am I glad I did. I read the first one in two days and quickly bought the second, and if it is possible I enjoyed the second one even more. The changing relationship between Arthur and Lancelot is beautifully written, adding a new spin to an old classic. I particularly liked the introduction of Tancred who you can not help but love. The ending was shocking and slightly heart breaking but definitely makes you want to but the next in the series as quickly as possible (I waited all of two seconds lol). I am now reading the third in the series and am looking forward to reading the remaining two. A must read for all history buffs out there and for those who love a good romance.
on 26 March 2012
Book 2 and unlike other sequels this one did not disappoint me. Fast paced, full of action and a very interesting story line. I am getting to be quite attatched to Lancelot. The way the author handles the love story between Arthur and Lancelot is very moving and then of course we are introduced to Tancred (Team Tancred has just been formed). Yet another twist in this very absorbing tale. And what an ending!! Can't wait to see where Lancelot's future will go from here. Awaiting the post as I write this review.