5.0 out of 5 stars First Pair of ice skates
Published on 20 Oct 2011 by eve mitchelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for recreational use or to get you started
I bought these so that I wouldn't have to use the horrible hire skates at my local rink when I started having figure skating lessons about 6 weeks ago. I'm really glad I did, as I have progressed much faster than I think I would have using the blunt hire skates.

Published 9 months ago by ElleBou

5.0 out of 5 stars First Pair of ice skates, 20 Oct 2011
Its my first pair of ice figure skating boots purchased through Amazon. very impressed with the service and quality of goods. it is very hard to get a leather skates for this price. item size originally marked in US and supplier/distributor scrubbed it, converted into a UK size. i personally recommend you to go for a size bigger than your normal shoe sizes for a perfect fit. overall rating ********** 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 5 Dec 2011
These are not my first pair of skates, so I had a clear idea of what I wanted. Very pleased with the quality for such a minimum price. Run true to size, I always wear thick socks when skating, the fit was perfect. They are obviously not the professional skates but I like them for simple skating. The delivery pleasantly surprised me, instead of promised 5 working days they were delivered within 3! Very good!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 27 Feb 2012
These skates are a really good buy.
They are a good price and work well
on the ice. I have used them a
number of times and they are very
good

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 20 Mar 2012
J. Byng (Herfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I find these comfortable and as a beginner have had no problems with them. They might not look as nice as some of the others I have seen on the rink but then they probably cost a fraction of the price. Note they do not come sharpened, you will need to get them sharpened before you use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice skating, 7 Jan 2014
I am so happy with the ice skating boots they are very good value look so professional I will recommend to friends and family

4.0 out of 5 stars Good skates, 16 Jan 2013
Received in good time. They are lovely skates but my daughter says they do rub a bit but they are new so it is probably to be expected. I wasn't sure whether I was going to keep them at first and the service I received from the retailer was very good. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars great skates!!, 27 Dec 2012
It was my first pair of skates and they fitted perfectly, really comfortable and easy to skate in. Good value for money very cheap for ice skates but good quality, worth getting!!

4.0 out of 5 stars long time delivery, 7 Jan 2012
Skates feel and look nice i havent worn them on the ice yet but they do seem a little blunt. The delivery took longer than expected instead of only 3-5 days it took 8. Over all though they seem reasonably good skates though :D

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for recreational use or to get you started, 16 Feb 2014

I have found them very comfortable to wear, but this is probably because they are quite soft, which is no good if you want to move onto more intermediate / advanced skating. I am just starting UK level 4 lessons, and have now had to replace these with a 'proper' skate brand which gives more ankle support. However, if you just want to skate around and don't want to do anything fancy then these are probably fine!

If you're thinking of having lessons - these were much better for getting started on than the hire skates, but be prepared to upgrade quite quickly (within 6 months).

You will need to get these sharpened before you use them, which cost £12 at my local rink (in London).

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 July 2014
The tounge is bad quality it is floppy and too short it creases when I tie the laces