4.0 out of 5 stars All round good phone
Have an affinity with all comments made and so far have found phone and ansaphone to be excellent.

Call clarity and handsfree are far better than previous BT & Panasonic models.

However, just a couple of suggestions to comments;

Published on 31 May 2012 by KevKev

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Gigaset Fan . . .
Published on 3 Mar. 2012 by Linda321

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Gigaset Fan . . ., 3 Mar. 2012
I have long been a fan of Siemens Gigaset Phones, having bought many handsets of differing models for our busy office. I therefore bought, with confidence, this model (twin handsets) for use at home. It has many good features - the display is clear and easy to see, the buttons are relatively easy to use, even for my clumsy, increasingly-arthritic fingers and I like that it records the time of outgoing calls as well as incoming ones.
However, I find it very difficult to hear what callers are saying: tones seem muffled, indistinct and rather "tinny". I also find the comparatively short life of the battery irritating: despite having gone through the lengthy set-up rigmarole of charging for ten hours, leaving to totally discharge and then re-charging, I find that one handset will not last a day of even light use without being replaced in the charger.
Another small gripe is that, although the appearance is smart, the casing feels uncharacteristically cheap for a Gigaset phone and doesn't give the impression of being built to last very long.
On balance, if I could go back and start again - I would not buy this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars All round good phone, 31 May 2012

Call clarity and handsfree are far better than previous BT & Panasonic models.

However, just a couple of suggestions to comments;

1. To connect to line for dial tone (1571, line services - divert etc.) press and hold green telephone button for 2 secs + and you'll hear dial tone and can dial from there.

2. For directory, if you want first name first enter surname/first name in reverse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Siemens Gigaset C610A, 6 Jan. 2012
As I spend endless hours on conference calls working from home, I wanted a phone with a good speaker-phone and figured this one, which features a "baby-monitor" capability, would fit the bill - and it certainly does. Sound quality is very good and usability is pretty intuitive. I didnt need to use the manual much as setup and features are all pretty easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gigaset C610A Trio, 12 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Gigaset C610A Trio DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black (Electronics)
Looked at a lot of options before settling on the Siemens Gigaset C610A trio, which seemed to offer all the qualities and features I was looking for.
I am very pleased indeed with the this purchase, most of the features work well, in particular only needing to insert all your contact numbers on one handset and have them automatically transferred to the other two handsets is a real plus; the ability to put all the numbers and email for the same contact into a single entry is also very handy.
My only disappointment is the quality of sound on the answerphone play back which could be clearer.
Overall very satified and would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 27 Feb. 2012
We ordered this item since it was listed as a new version of a previous Which? Best Buy. The most obvious change was a "piano black" casing, which looked very smart. However, the "Gigaset" logo, on the front of the handset most frequently used, has already all but worn off (less than two months use). This is not the only disappointment. The battery life indicator shows noticeable discharge when it has been off the charger even for the relatively short time of an hour or so. The choice of ring tone is another let-down. Granted, there are a good number from which to choose, but I suggest that most people would disregard most of them, being either too similar to each other or too unattractive. We eventually chose the one that sounds like a US landline 'phone, but it is inaudible from the next room when the TV is on and we don't have the TV at high volumes. We have set the ringtone at the highest volume level, but still, we have missed a lot of calls.

There is no audio indication of a message having been left on the answerphone. Admittedly, there is a visual indication, but this means that you have to go looking for it, which is less convenient. Additionally, we did not find the set intuitive to use and the instructions appear to be a direct translation from German, which can be confusing.

We bought this set to replace a BT set whose LCD display was wearing out. I have to say that we prefer the old BT set, but, of course, they are no longer available.

To sum up briefly: Not as good as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Cordless Phone, 11 Jan. 2012
The Gigaset 610A is the best cordless phones we have bought. No hum or background noise. Well made and easy to use put new number in one then transfer to other phones, very easy. Much better than the last Dect phones we had.

4.0 out of 5 stars robust, 8 Mar. 2012
I needed good range to cover a large building and good battery life. This system delivers on both. The robust handsets are a pleasure to use. Caller recognition and ring tone choices are as expected. The programming is easy and one handset can be copied to the others. The only annoying omission is that the caller categories are not transferable from one handset to another so each handset needs some individual, time-consuming editing before they ring in unison to identify the type of caller.
I bought this product knowing it is more expensive that the alternatives and I believe it is worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Extra functions are good., 1 Feb. 2012
Alanski (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Was looking forward to this phone as there was a lot of hype. Upon opening the box, was a little disappointed with the plastic, cheap lightweight feel of the unit. I spent about an hour setting up the different options etc, there are a lot of options to review.

Pros:
Call quality.
It comes ready to use out of the box.
Good answerphone system.
Keypad lock
Can switch of 'ringer' between set times.

Cons:
Unit feels too lightweight, cheap plastic. (which is one of the dilema's when buying something online)
The alarm clock is either on or off, I would have liked a weekday option.
More sensitivity options with the monitoring.
Cannot add ringtones.
Call log does not give call duration.
Cannot sort address book by christian name.

I guess I cannot complain too much as I bought it due to the extra options, which work. If I had been in a shop and had handled the device and scrolled through the menu etc, I might have looked at some others as well, maybe even purchased a different model, albeit probably at more expense.

Overall I think this is good value for money if you buy it for the extra options - Monitor function, keypad lock and having the ability to switch off the ringer between set times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything That I Expected, 7 Aug. 2012
I researched many different makes of triple cordless phone systems that fell within in my budget.
The Gigaset C610c Trio set, has met all my expectations & more.
The ability to view your phone-call timer during a conversation, without having to guess when your free 60 minutes is up, is a real miser-saving bonus.
The sound quality is excellent, crisp & clear even for a tinnitus sufferer like me.
I find the pocket clip an advantage, when working in the garden or garage & the phones work without a hitch. The ability to easily transfer an incoming call to another room or even page a specific phone when its been mislaid is great.
I would recommend a read of the instruction manual before you start the daunting task of programming the phones. However, once you start to program, it becomes intuitive as some functions transfer automatically to the other phones. Once you have programmed all the caller list into the main phone you are able to select & send the complete list or individual numbers to all or either phone of your choice, provided you have given the different phones their ID names, ie. Lounge, Kitchen, Wife! etc.
I am also glad to see that 'WHICH' also agreed with my choice as its stamped on the box as bestbuy. Can't say more than that, can yer!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor sound quality, 21 Mar. 2013
The worst - and most important - feature of a phone is the sound quality. This phone doesn't have it.The announcement is unintelligible despite my best efforts to speak clearly. For incoming calls, I have to ask the caller to repeat frequently. Most embarrassing ! As it is impossible to test a phone in the shop, I'm now stuck with it. I thought German quality would be enough guarantee.Also there are very few choices for ringing tone. I would have liked the possibility of having at least one VERY LOUD ringing tone which could be heard throughout the house. The old fashioned bell tone would do. I would definitely not buy this phone again and regret the purchase.Yours disappointed....