5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Fantastic Sound
Published on 30 Sept. 2012 by C. M. Cotton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality headset, let down slightly by the fit
First off, I want to say that I think 3 stars is a little harsh for this headset, but they don't quite deserve 4 stars (in my head they're a 3.5).

They are nice headset, very well build. They look and feel like a good, expensive headset.

The sound quality is great when the headset is positioned snugly in your ear and you have the volume at a...
Published on 20 Nov. 2012 by R. Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Fantastic Sound, 30 Sept. 2012
C. M. Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Atomic Floyd HiDefDrum Stereo Headset with Remote (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried a multitude of headphones over the years everything from JVC, Sennheiser, Philips, WeSC to Grado and everything in-between. For my money, Grado make the very best over ear headphones I have ever bought and they also have exemplary after sales service. I received these buds via the Vine programme to review. I did not quite know what to expect, but after playing them all I can say is WOW!

The big problem in rating headphones, is that the sound they produce and how they sound is very subjective to review, as two people can listen to a piece of music but they can hear that piece of music differently. In light of this, I am going to try and be as objective about these headphones as I can.

They appear to be extremly well made. Everything from the box to the connecting wire appears to be top quality. The ear buds themselves are made of metal but they are still light in weight. They also look great and Atomic Floyd have obviously spent a great deal of time designing them.

They come in a sturdy box well made box and include an "exclusive" bag to hold them in, with an airline 2 pin convertor.

The cord has a remote control unit attached to it for use with an IPhone.

They are very comfortable to wear and I did not have any issues getting the right fit from the rubber ear pieces.

The sound they produce is as perfect as you could wish from a pair of ear buds. The reproduction is rich and superb, the bass is fantasic, the middle range is clear and defined and the treble is delightful. The only downside to these buds is their sound leakage, it is quite high and to get the true sound from these you need to pump up the volume, which everyone can hear.

I was not expecting out of this world sound from a pair of buds, yet found in this set something that could rival full on ear/around ear headphones. The major advantages to these headphones is in the fact that they seem to be superbly made and look & feel top quality and the sound is fantastic. To summarise, these headphones are very well made and produce a sound that is hard to beat at this price range.

Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear Sound Quality, 22 Sept. 2012
Kevin Trebell (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I should start this review by admitting that I'm in no way an audiophile and have rarely owned anything other than the headphones that come with my equipment, except for buying a good gaming headset for my PC, so i'm no expert when it comes to sound.

I decided with my limited knowledge that the best thing I could do would be to test these earphones by comparing them to a couple of others sets, those being the standard Ipod Touch earphones and some Samsung earphones. I started by listening to these, then switched to the others and then back. I also got my son to do the same as he has more accute hearing than me.

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect or whether I'd notice but I was genuinly blown away by the difference in sound quality. I tried some of my old stuff, some Queen, Pink Floyd etc and then we tried some of my sons Dubstep and other bits. What really hit me was not just the added clarity (I really would never have realised how muffled these standard earphones are had I not tried these) but also the seperation of the music. This really stood out with the multi layered music, such as the Dubstep, the difference was night and day.

I also tested these on my Samsung Galaxy S and they didn't work so well, I had to hold down the "play" button on the remote or they only played at half volume for some reason, so they do seem specifically designed for the Ipod/Pad/Phone family. They are advertised as being for "i" devices though so this is worth noting.

They come very well packaged, as sturdily built for such a small potentially flimsy item and come with a variety for different fittings for different ear sizes (as they are designed to sit in the ear).

Overall then I think these are pretty incredible to listen to. They're pricey but listening to them it's quickly apparent what difference that makes. Very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read my review..., 11 Dec. 2014
Hey all, first of all my Atomic Floyd PowerJax just broke on me after a year and two months, the ones on Amazon that cost £99.99. Even though they didn't last long, they did get dropped, pulled and had full volume used on them a huge amount over that time. My review is on there for that product. As for this one, I bought Atomic Floyd again because I love the quality and sound even though of the more premium price, I believe they are still worth it.

You do get alot in the box and I can really tell the increased volume and bass over the AF PowerJax. I highly recommend them. My only advice is that you purchase the two year warranty for just £25 which is an option upon checkout. I say this since my last pair broke after a year meaning that if the same was to be said with these, you would get a new pair and could potentially last you many many more years without having to pay for them again.

Hope this helps all of you, they are worth it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Oct. 2012
Andy Edwards "staxasoul" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a high quality product. Well designed and sturdy construction, good to look at, they come well packaged and well accesorised with a carry pouch, choice of ear cushioning and plugs to suit your device (or your aircraft) - there is nothing remotely cheap about these.

Good deep rounded sound which takes plenty of bass if that's your thing, these should suit anyone looking for a high quality set of earphones - but do try them, they might not suit your musical taste

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing kit, 8 Dec. 2013
noise isolation is great. Sound quality depth and acoustic range is better than anything else i have tries. makes Bose sound poor. I phone compatibility for phone calls great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars so good i bought a second pair, 17 Aug. 2013
the proof of a good product is would you buy them again, the answer is yes i did.great mid range phones ideal for i pod and pc 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headset, nice sound, 14 Aug. 2013
Only thing I don't understand is why they made the Kevlar cable up to the splitter and then rubber cables right at the place where cables break most (near the earplugs). They do look durable though. We'll see how long they last. It does have a two year warranty (some atomic floyd headset have lifetime warranties).

Sound is great, although the treble is a little under represented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 Jun. 2013
C. Carruthers (UK) - See all my reviews
After some other reviews online I was a little worried about the sound leakage from the outer driver. In a quiet house or area it can seem loud when they're on maximum volume, but day to day I don't find it a problem at all, especially as I now use a lower volume due to the clarity and quality of these headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing, punchy 'phones, 3 May 2013
Well, bought these after many years of trying (and rejecting...) new 'phones for my iPhone and iPad, and then (finally) leaving my trusty Apple 'phones on the plane after a flight into the UK from DC.

I checked all the reviews, so decided to try the Atomic Floyd, and so far (after a few days of use) very pleased with these HiDef Drums. Fit is comfortable (I use the largest silicone tips), and the quality of construction perhaps the best I've seen (cables covered in Kevlar - who'd have thought?). And the SOUND - well, trebles are great without being sibilant (the nemesis of all in-ear 'phones), mids a little flat, but the BASS astonishing - balanced, articulate, but without killing the rest of the range. Those Lil' Wayne punches deep down in the mix are actually audible with these 'phones... Other genres sound fine too, and my only complaint so far is the mid-range - a little distant for my taste, but then in-ears always have limitations somewhere (having to compromise with only 1 driver), and overall I'm very happy with the sound quality.

They're pricey, but I do feel I got value for money, and would recommend if these fall in your price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow,Wow, Wow!, 8 April 2013
Ok so I know its a clichy but I dont usually write reviews. I read about these as I was in the market for a new pair as my Beats Tours kept breaking which seems to be a common fault. Packaging really is top notch but the materials and feel of them is amazing and really do what they say on the box when its says built to last...my car doesn't feel this solid!
Atheistic's aside I then plugged them in and this is were they really do get the 5 stars and you get what you pay for. Comfortable and secure and when I hit some of the tracks I have listened to hundreds of times I could hear parts I never even knew existed. Really if you are even thinking about getting a set don't...just buy them as you will not be disappointed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›