1,500 Reviews
 (1,106)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages
Excellent product, very portable and works extremely well. Great price too - why pay more for one with bells and whistles. I highly recommend this wee beasty.
Published 16 months ago by Eric Stephen

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Serious Reworking
Well, in terms of speed, its very good, being USB3 compliant, but the fact it goes to sleep in just 2 minutes of non-use is not good enough by any means for a USB HDD.
And there is no setting to prevent this, so if you, like me, nip away for a few seconds, come back, its asleep. Again, if like me, you leave your system to do things over night that take a while, you...
Published 6 months ago by Ian

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages, 18 Aug 2013
Eric Stephen (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba HDTB110EK3BA 1TB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 2 Mar 2014
Get weaving Kate (South West Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I received this Toshiba external storage very quickly and was surprised at how small it is. This was to replace a 6 year old Toshiba storage box, (which had failed) which was very large and needed a power supply to connect.

When I looked at the box it said the requirements were Windows XP/VISTA/windows 7 & 8, however I have an Imac, so was not sure it would work.

As there is nothing to install I just had to connect the USB cable to the back of my Mac, it took about half an hour to download all my files. All my files are now safely stored on the drive and I can view and print from them.

So it does work with an IMac.

I have now purchased the case as I don't need to keep it permanently connected to my Mac and want it to be kept safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Product, 20 Nov 2012
I had purchased this Toshiba hard drive to use with my new laptop.
I was nearly did not buy it due to the reviews on here regarding the cable.
However I did a price runner and checked out price and reviews and I can confirm Amazon was the cheapest but other sites had better reviews and nothing to indicate there would be any problems with the cable.
In summary I am not technical but the cable fits and works in both my USB2.0 slots on my old laptop and works faster in my new laptop with USB3.0 slots, so one cable fits all!!
Drive is of good quality as you would expect from a brand like Toshiba and would recommend the 1TB capacity as you would be hard pushed to fill it up with pictures etc in a hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my bluray player, but not really with the xbox 360, 13 July 2014
I purchased this item because my previous external hard drive died a death after five years of service and I needed a new one to store films on and then plug into the xbox 360 so I could watch them through the television.

I formatted this hard drive to Fat 32 and put a film on it before plugging into the xbox. The xbox refused to recognise the hard drive as an external media device, but it did give me the option to format it via the xbox which would have meant I could use it as a device for saving and downloading games (up to 16 gig capacity).

So essentially I can't use this for the reason I bought it. However, I plugged it into my Samsung bluray player and it was instantly recognised as a media device. So I added all my films and I've been watching them all day today via the bluray player.

Because I can use this hard drive on my bluray player, I can say I'm pleased with my purchase. If you are thinking about buying this to use it as an external media device on your xbox, then don't.

The hard drive is pretty small and virtually silent when running. It took me four hours to transfer 260 gig of content to it last night. The hard drive is very light too, so it would be a good purchase if you need to transport your files around.

I hope this review has been helpful. I couldn't see if anyone had addressed the xbox issue in other reviews so that was my reason for writing this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our customers love these, 26 Jan 2014
So do we... good price, great service guys and these are reliable and quick in our opinion. Will be buying more for our customers soon (DigiRAW)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Aug 2013
Compact, very fast, very good capacity, easy to use. I would recommend this product to everyone looking for extra storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, 16 Aug 2013
Amazing size and quality. Price was a real selling point. Might get another while on offer, so useful for long term storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 29 Oct 2013
Gbparkinson (chorley,lancashire,england) - See all my reviews
what an excellent little external hard drive this is, great size to fit in the pocket for taking around with you

5.0 out of 5 stars 1TB does what it says on the tin, 23 April 2013
Worked off the bat will be using this for work and to back yup itunes, ordered Saturday and it arrived on monday

4.0 out of 5 stars Well that esculated quickly . . ., 1 Oct 2014
Just a quick note: I purchased this on September 26th 2014 and it was £34.99 in total (Amazon Prime) for the 750GB. I've just come back to review it and noticed the 750GB is now at least £41.64 + £4.59 delivery and the new Prime option is now £55!!. Which is a pretty extreme increase in just a couple of weeks!

I'm just mentioning it, because one of the points of my review is that this was very good value for money. Which is not something I'll say now that the price has gone up. So, yeah: it WAS good value for money and I'd happily purchase it again for £34.99 . . . but not for £55. Because that's just f*cking ridiculous.

ANYWAY, the product itself: I was debating which one to get, because I wasn't sure how much space I'd need. The 750GB is MORE than enough though. I'm using it to put all my files on so that I can transfer them over to my new computer. And also, because it's nice to have a backup of files. I think I've put all my stuff on there and it's like 1/8 full or something. It's amazing :)

Other points:
This is also TINY. Insanely tiny and thin too, so it's a great space saver and easy to carry around in your bag.
Transfer is quick and easy.
The USB wire is a really short though, so that's a bit annoying. But it hasn't hindered me, really.

All in all very pleased for the price I paid. This is a great bit of kit! Just, you know, the current price is a bit of a piss-take IMO.