4.6 out of 5 stars1,771

on 18 August 2013
Excellent product, very portable and works extremely well. Great price too - why pay more for one with bells and whistles. I highly recommend this wee beasty.
on 20 November 2012
I had purchased this Toshiba hard drive to use with my new laptop.
I was nearly did not buy it due to the reviews on here regarding the cable.
However I did a price runner and checked out price and reviews and I can confirm Amazon was the cheapest but other sites had better reviews and nothing to indicate there would be any problems with the cable.
In summary I am not technical but the cable fits and works in both my USB2.0 slots on my old laptop and works faster in my new laptop with USB3.0 slots, so one cable fits all!!
Drive is of good quality as you would expect from a brand like Toshiba and would recommend the 1TB capacity as you would be hard pushed to fill it up with pictures etc in a hurry.
55 comments|312 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 August 2013
Compact, very fast, very good capacity, easy to use. I would recommend this product to everyone looking for extra storage.
on 16 August 2013
Amazing size and quality. Price was a real selling point. Might get another while on offer, so useful for long term storage.
on 23 April 2013
Worked off the bat will be using this for work and to back yup itunes, ordered Saturday and it arrived on monday
on 13 July 2014
I purchased this item because my previous external hard drive died a death after five years of service and I needed a new one to store films on and then plug into the xbox 360 so I could watch them through the television.

I formatted this hard drive to Fat 32 and put a film on it before plugging into the xbox. The xbox refused to recognise the hard drive as an external media device, but it did give me the option to format it via the xbox which would have meant I could use it as a device for saving and downloading games (up to 16 gig capacity).

So essentially I can't use this for the reason I bought it. However, I plugged it into my Samsung bluray player and it was instantly recognised as a media device. So I added all my films and I've been watching them all day today via the bluray player.

Because I can use this hard drive on my bluray player, I can say I'm pleased with my purchase. If you are thinking about buying this to use it as an external media device on your xbox, then don't.

The hard drive is pretty small and virtually silent when running. It took me four hours to transfer 260 gig of content to it last night. The hard drive is very light too, so it would be a good purchase if you need to transport your files around.

I hope this review has been helpful. I couldn't see if anyone had addressed the xbox issue in other reviews so that was my reason for writing this review.
on 29 October 2013
what an excellent little external hard drive this is, great size to fit in the pocket for taking around with you
on 1 September 2013
My PC is quite old and I store lots of photos on it and the odd personal document. I do back stuff up on disk but I wanted something more reliable. A chat with a colleague pointed me in the right direction and I chose the Toshiba. It has worked a treat; the transfer of all my personal material took very little time and I am happier now that it is all backed up. It's very compact and much smaller than I had imagined so it can be slipped into a drawer for safe keeping.
on 10 November 2014
The connections on these hard drives fail after a few uses, I have had to buy new USB connections several times, none of which solve the problem. The lose connections are not reliable enough and also the hard drive often disconnects itself from the computer in the middle of using it. I am now looking into different brands for my next hard drive purchase.
on 3 November 2013
Arrived very quickly and really easy to use. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for an external hard drive