1,603 Reviews
 (1,177)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages
Excellent product, very portable and works extremely well. Great price too - why pay more for one with bells and whistles. I highly recommend this wee beasty.
Published 20 months ago by Eric Stephen

The USB 3.0 port is a poor build quality, any slight movement of the cable or the drive will cause the drive to disconnect. The port is easily damaged by any movement, eventually meaning the drive can no longer be power up. This is evident after about 4 months of use.

Published 4 months ago by amichaels83

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages, 18 Aug. 2013
Eric Stephen (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Product, 20 Nov. 2012
I had purchased this Toshiba hard drive to use with my new laptop.
I was nearly did not buy it due to the reviews on here regarding the cable.
However I did a price runner and checked out price and reviews and I can confirm Amazon was the cheapest but other sites had better reviews and nothing to indicate there would be any problems with the cable.
In summary I am not technical but the cable fits and works in both my USB2.0 slots on my old laptop and works faster in my new laptop with USB3.0 slots, so one cable fits all!!
Drive is of good quality as you would expect from a brand like Toshiba and would recommend the 1TB capacity as you would be hard pushed to fill it up with pictures etc in a hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Aug. 2013
Compact, very fast, very good capacity, easy to use. I would recommend this product to everyone looking for extra storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, 16 Aug. 2013
Amazing size and quality. Price was a real selling point. Might get another while on offer, so useful for long term storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1TB does what it says on the tin, 23 April 2013
Worked off the bat will be using this for work and to back yup itunes, ordered Saturday and it arrived on monday

1.0 out of 5 stars USB Port poor quality, slightest movement disconnect drive / damages port - eventually drive unable to be powered up over USB., 10 Dec. 2014

The drive has an automatic power down / power saving function after a few minutes of non use. It can take a good 5-10 seconds to get going again which can be frustrating - there is no way to turn this feature off.

Toshiba will replace (but not repair) a drive that no longer powers up from the USB port - i.e. you will lose any data not backed up (even though the drive itself is undamaged).

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 29 Oct. 2013
Gbparkinson (chorley,lancashire,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba HDTB105EK3AA 500GB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black (Personal Computers)
what an excellent little external hard drive this is, great size to fit in the pocket for taking around with you

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my bluray player, but not really with the xbox 360, 13 July 2014
I purchased this item because my previous external hard drive died a death after five years of service and I needed a new one to store films on and then plug into the xbox 360 so I could watch them through the television.

I formatted this hard drive to Fat 32 and put a film on it before plugging into the xbox. The xbox refused to recognise the hard drive as an external media device, but it did give me the option to format it via the xbox which would have meant I could use it as a device for saving and downloading games (up to 16 gig capacity).

So essentially I can't use this for the reason I bought it. However, I plugged it into my Samsung bluray player and it was instantly recognised as a media device. So I added all my films and I've been watching them all day today via the bluray player.

Because I can use this hard drive on my bluray player, I can say I'm pleased with my purchase. If you are thinking about buying this to use it as an external media device on your xbox, then don't.

The hard drive is pretty small and virtually silent when running. It took me four hours to transfer 260 gig of content to it last night. The hard drive is very light too, so it would be a good purchase if you need to transport your files around.

I hope this review has been helpful. I couldn't see if anyone had addressed the xbox issue in other reviews so that was my reason for writing this review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For The Beginner, 9 Nov. 2014
OK for experienced people, but the design is NOT intuitive, and there is no clear indication that any action being carried out is either in-progress, or complete !
Must make many anxious hours for beginners to read and practice the functions set out in the pdf user guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars hard drive, 1 Sept. 2013
My PC is quite old and I store lots of photos on it and the odd personal document. I do back stuff up on disk but I wanted something more reliable. A chat with a colleague pointed me in the right direction and I chose the Toshiba. It has worked a treat; the transfer of all my personal material took very little time and I am happier now that it is all backed up. It's very compact and much smaller than I had imagined so it can be slipped into a drawer for safe keeping.