Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 7 May 2013
All the books I have read up to now by Barbara Freethy have been brilliant. Light, refreshing and good story lines. Taken kept me thinking what was going to happen next and looking forward to following on to the second book. Brilliant writing as usual and just the right amount of mystery to keep your interest.
on 7 February 2013
I read the sample of this book and had to down load it. It grabs you immediately and is an exciting, fun read. I wanted to find out what was going to happen in the story, and, if I'd had the time, I would have read it in one sitting.
it is a satisfying blend of mystery and romance.
on 5 June 2012
I didn't want to put this one down and read it at every opportunity. I love a good mystery with a rotten villian. The best thing is there is a follow up and I'm working my way through that now!
on 22 February 2014
This gets to you after the first few words and holds you all the way to the end.
I started reading Barbara Freethy's books when I bought my Kindle, the first one was free and I could not believe that I could get a book free from such a fabulous author. I really felt I must read more of her books and am quite happy to pay whatever for them as she always has a really good story to tell and catches your imagination immediately.
I do not want to go into the story as I feel it spoils it when people write too much about a book, sometimes when I read a long review by the time I have finished I just feel there is no point in buying it as I already know too much about it.
I would advise if you have a kindle look up Barbara Freethy some of her books are free or cost very little - try one and I am sure you will be pleased that you did
on 15 June 2013
Really great book loved the story and thought it was really well written. Loved the part on Alcatraz as have been there and could see it all so clearly. Would definitely recommend
on 3 July 2013
good storyline and a 'why'd he do it' with the expected romantic elements. a comfortable read without a great deal of effort and it leaves you wanting to go and get the next book.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 May 2013
Until I got a Kindle I had never heard of Barbara Freethy, I have now read several of her books and have not yet been disappointed. She certainly knows how to tell a story, revealing a little at a time, feeding out the rope she hauls the reader in with, bit by bit. As one of the characters in book says - "you think you know what I want, but you don't" that is as true of the reader as it is of the characters.
An excellent read, it would have been worth paying for but to get it as a free download is a gift.
on 22 July 2013
Really enjoyed this one! Would highly recommend it for a holiday read it kept me enthralled. I had a hard time putting it down!
on 28 May 2013
The basic idea is really good - The Mystery of the Disappearing Husband; the meeting between H & h works. It does rather get bogged down in some repetitive scenes - "let's go and look for a clue - oh, no! the person we needed to talk to has been killed/disappeared again!" As a hook for the series it's OK, with the long excerpt from Book 2 (which, incidentally, took up nearly 20% of the e-book on my Kindle) promising very well.
on 3 June 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It was fast-moving and I loved the plot idea. Too much sex for my liking, though.