5.0 out of 5 stars The Mongol Objective
This is the second book by David Sakmyster in his Morphous Initiative series. After reading the first book The Pharos Objective I was hooked. I downloaded this book immediately after finishing the first one and was not disappointed.
Published on 6 Jun. 2012 by Mrs. M. E. Thomson

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I was psychic!
I would have given this book 4 stars but I did not realise that it ended on a cliffhanger and so felt a bit irritated!

Yes, I know many of you will say that I should have noticed this from other reviews - but I didn't. What I can say is that this book is far superior to the fist in the series and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I suspended belief, suspended thrills...
Published on 21 Feb. 2012 by nixlyn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mongol Objective, 6 Jun. 2012
Mrs. M. E. Thomson "lavender fan" (Orkney Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mongol Objective (The Morpheus Initiative Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I can sometimes lose interest in books and have found in the past that sequels are not always that great. This was different, Mongol Objective was probably more exciting than the first. David seems to have a talent for getting you into the story as if you are there. Great stuff and a brilliant adventure read that has you taking sharp intakes of breath, on the edge of your seat!
I cant wait for his next installment and I am waiting with baited breath to see what thrills he comes up with next!!
I downloaded these books on my wonderful Kindle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable is overused, but................................., 3 May 2012
I absolutely got hooked on this book. It's fast paced, intriguing and very well researched - obviously there are times when you look up and wonder 'just how did we get here?' but in the end it really doesn't matter. Our heroes and heroines seem to be virtually indestructable and there's a great twist near the end which makes you chafe at the wait for the next book.
I would have given it 5 stars but reviews are a chance to be picky and there are a few typos, but they are certainly not enough to detract from a rattling good read.
I'm going to have a rummage through Amazon's list to find more books by Mr Sakmyster.

4.0 out of 5 stars an interesting concept, 13 Mar. 2012
Enjoyed the book but it took a while to get into the story. An Indiana Jones theme which works well and I would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatably tense and pacy thriller, 29 Nov. 2011
I'll start with the good news for readers wondering about whether the sequel to the bestselling Pharos Objective is as good as the first in the series; it's even better.
Next is a warning: if you like to read your thrillers two or three chapters at a time and leave space for the plot to whirl about in your head - I'd get something dull and plodding instead.

The Mongol Objective is unputdownable. More so than the first, because by now readers are familiar with most of the characters who race from Antarctica, to Turkey, through Mongolia, to China and then to a crazy climax in Egypt - and are urging them on to victory against an increasing array of dark, shadowy powers whose schemes and machinations make the bad guys in the first book look like rank amateurs.

Written with the well-paced genius of trickery, oniony plotting (it zooms outwards every now and then and you realise what world-dominating plots are really at play), and brilliantly conceived traps and puzzles; the Mongol Objective is replete with new and cunning methods of killing the henchmen, putting the main characters in dire peril and generally keeping you hooked until the very end, where the final part of the Trilogy, the Cydonia Objective is prefaced with a huge cliffhanger, several `aaaah, so that's why they did that...' moments and a sneak into the past of the Crowe family.

As ever - Caleb Crowe is up against it, this time racing to rescue his son, abducted by a former colleague, the devious Xavier Montross. We also meet a vengeful old lover he thought long dead, several handfuls of cronies, an FBI Agent who is far more than she lets on, and a mysterious group of protectors, oh and some really shadowy characters pulling the strings from very far away and very far up the Power Chain. Aided by his sister Phoebe, their new Morpheus initiate Orlando, and from afar, his son Alexander - Caleb must use all his wits, courage and psychic power to outwit the raiders of the Great Khan's Tomb.

Hurry up with Book Three Mr S!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Stuff, 10 May 2014
Kept me reading from start to finish. I like a book that keeps me on my toes and this one did, although you do need to read the series in order to keep track of what is happening.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sereies, 4 Mar. 2014
A good read. I think this book is very good and easy to read. The series by this author is good to read and the characters develop as the books progress.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 27 Feb. 2014
Bought this as reasonabley enjoyed the Pharos objective, This book was really much of a muchness and didnt seem to hold my attention too well so much so that I only read three quarters of the book which by that time it was becoming very predictable

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mongol Objective, 17 July 2013
Loved this book as much as the 1st one, the pharos objective, I am currently reading the last book in this trilogy the cydonia objective. highly recomend.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great holiday read, 11 July 2013
Great read. Wanted to read the whole series. Well-written and clever plotting. Characterisation better than the norm in this genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 25 Jun. 2013
B. Ferrie (UK) - See all my reviews
Really enjoyed this book and looking forward to reading others. Will at some point read the sequel when its at a good price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›