5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a very reasonable price
We purchased this projector for our local U3A for use at our monthly meetings.
It is very clear even in a bright hall and by using the USB cable to attach a computer
the remote control becomes a very useful tool.

Having reviewed many projectors before our purchase I was pleasantly surprised at the
value for money this purchase was.

We...
Published 21 months ago by historian

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Epson standard
Published 10 months ago by wisdom wise

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a very reasonable price, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Epson EB-X11 Projector (2600 ANSI Lumens, XGA) (Electronics)
We purchased this projector for our local U3A for use at our monthly meetings.
the remote control becomes a very useful tool.

value for money this purchase was.

We use it mainly for still photographs and have found the projected image virtually indistinguishable
from that on the computer screen. All colours faithfully reproduced.

I would recommend this projector for any photographic club.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Business, 21 Dec 2012
Richard Semple (Coleraine, N.I.) - See all my reviews
Bought this for staff training to groups greater than 10. Have had the EB-X14 in use for all day training sessions for the last 5 days. Excellent brightness and definition/detail. Quiet. Works well in daylight. Comes with USB and Serial leads for computer connection and remote console which contains a screen pointer - need to install the software and connect using the USB to use the remote. Lens contains a protective cover which slides over when not in use. All very easy to set up and use first time. Delivered promptly by Amazon. First class and excellent value for money for a 3000 Lumens, LCD/XGA projector.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Epson standard, 14 Jun 2013
wisdom wise (London England) - See all my reviews
I'm a fan of Epson products otherwise my rating would be lower. This would be a very good projector if It did not have a cyan colour cast across the centre of the protected area. Not very good if you are showing photographs and giving talks on colour management. Epson replaced my first projector, the second was the same. The projector is also noisy and gets very hot around the lamb area. Other then these three main issues, nice styling and easy to use, but due to the colour cast not worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great picture... and hot.. alittle to hot!, 1 Jan 2013
G. Jones "Gareth079" (Brum, UK) - See all my reviews
Well I ordered this for work presentations... due to works projector been rubbish and not up to the job... The unit comes with a bag.. so no need to order one (as I did!) but this does not really have room for wires etc.. still nice little free extra. The unti is nice and light and compact with things in the right order and logical.. I have no read the instructions just plug and went on logic.. It did everything I needed it to do with ease... the picture is great and prefect for excel, visio, powerpoint and word dispalys showing text clearly.. with a good strong light.. so no visablity or to light to see issues... I tried it out through HDMI and TV.. was fine and sound was not great as you expect .. but it did the job....

Issue / concern
The unit gets very hot... and when I say hot, its to hot to touch which worries me a little espically If I have to pack up and go... will the bag cause heat issues / melt the bag or fire even etc.. as I left it for a good 40 mins and still very hot, so not as portable as first thought.. and this is in the winter, so worried how it would cope in hot conditions. Otherwise I am happy with it.. it portable, light and does a great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & useful addition to our charity, 5 Feb 2014
Amazon Customer (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
The charity I help out with (MKU3A) had a very old projector that was no longer fully fit for use. I run a photography group for them and wanted a projector that could give excellent image quality but could be used by other groups that did not have the technical knowledges to use the old one efficiently.

Nowadays, you can't walk into a shop and pick up a projector so I relied on on-line reviews. The Epson EB-W12 seemed to fit the bill and I persuaded the charity to buy one.

It took no time to get it up and running and exceeded all my expectations. It has been used to show images in a small room with very large windows, which had defeated the old one. It has also been used in a church hall with up to 100 people.

The varied inputs has allowed it to be used with a laptop and also a USB stick. I'd like to use it with a tablet but I need to experiment with suitable adaptors.

The only downside I have found is that if you are using it connected via USB to a laptop the sound is fed through the rather poor tinny speaker inside the projector. This was not enough to enable a group of 50 to hear properly and it disabled the Output from the laptop external speakers. I could get the sound to work by using a standard D type lead from the computer, but this stopped the projector remote to change slides.

Overall, it is a lovely small and light unit compared with the big heavy old machine we had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson digital projector EB-X12 Projector, 9 Dec 2013
Absolutely fantastic. You said as new. In fact it was brand new. The only difference being the outer box. All contents and internal packing were new. It is a really good projector and the colour rendering in particular is excellent. I thought I was being a little extravagant but I am really glad that I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item and delivery service. However, Epson has failed to honour their cash back, 19 Nov 2013
Works very well. However, Epson must honour the cash back shown on your and their websites for conforming products listed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for technophobes!, 5 Nov 2013
Having finally given up a much loved slide projector, a digital projector was a bit of a leap, but this one is well worth it. Very simple to set up, and for a 62 year old, a joy to use. Squaring up the image on the screen couldn't be easier, thanks to the clever slider which sorts it all out. The image is good and strong, even in a moderately well lit room, and it seems to work perfectly with my old laptop. It starts up and closes down incredibly quickly, so no sitting around waiting for it to warm up or cool down. The only negative feature is that the remote 'zapper thing' that changes the image doesn't have a laser pointer. Instead it has an arrow shaped cursor, and you click a button to move it accross the screen. I expect that this is essential for high flown presentations, but I would have preferred a laser pointer. However, I have just bought a beautiful laser pointer for the price of a few pints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one for meetings and entertainment, 5 April 2013
I got it a month back it more than my expectation, I spend 287 GBP I am very happy with the display, I am using for giving presantations and watching movies, I a mvery happy, it works very well with lights on or off lot of options for setting the display, I dont know about the lamp life, but I am more than happy as it works as of now.

Ravi

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Results, 23 Feb 2013
All it said it was. Light, easy to use, great picture quality, Very handy having a quick warm up and cool down. Horizontal as well as vertical keystone adjustment very useful. Have encountered no problems so can recommend it.

ARRAY(0x10472fd8)

Epson EB-X11 Projector (2600 ANSI Lumens, XGA)
Used & New from: 499.99