5.0 out of 5 stars Great Thriller
Published on 9 Oct 2011 by Winston Struthers

3.0 out of 5 stars A good travel read
I did enjoy reading this book, but found quite a lot of it to be very predictable, and some of the character development a little unbelievable. That said, I purchased it to keep me company on a plane journey, and it did just that.
As there are now books about fallen angels instead of vampires, this is the Wall Street to your spy thriller.
Published 8 months ago by Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Thriller, 9 Oct 2011
Winston Struthers (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bull Street (Kindle Edition)
One of the best books I've read in recent memory. Great writing that puts you "there" in the action with the characters, terrific New York/Wall Street settings and detail, sizzling dialog and a gripping plot that will keep you guessing. As one of the characters says, it's an ambiguous world in the halls of finance, and you aren't sure who the good guys and bad guys are for a while. Everybody leans on everyone else, including using dirty tricks. Buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to get past the initial jargon, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bull Street (A White Collar Crime Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
Had to persevere initially as the wall street technicalities bogged me down. After that the jargon unfolded as the story did. A bit obvious who the baddies were but the main thrust is whether they all get their just deserts. Definitely a good thriller; will the human heart or the strict word of the law win?

3.0 out of 5 stars A good travel read, 12 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Complicated but Gripping, 19 Dec 2013
This is an interesting story about the depth of financial manipulation on Wall Street.
Some financial description was rather over complicated and needed a bit more explanation. I felt that it was a bit unrealistic to describe the huge sums of money sloshing about at the height a the biggest financial crash in modern history - would have been better set in the 1990's.
However, I will look for this author again.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 19 Dec 2013
good read . would read more of David Leader books , he writes in a very fluid style for sure

5.0 out of 5 stars Lender / Keeper, 30 Dec 2011
New Kindle user so looking for some good reading at a sensible price to get started on. This is my 2nd purchase - the first was David Lender's Vaccine Nation, and it really hits the spot. I find the Kindle really easy to use (I've got the latest keyboard free one) but the downside is that I'm now spending more time reading than I have in years. Of course it's the books that do it and this one I really enjoyed. For me there was plenty going on to keep me turning pages and twists and turns as well to keep me interested and on my toes.

Just bought Gravy Train and Trojan Horse from the same author so he must be doing something right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Feb 2013
It was well written, and I couldnt put it down. I look forward to reading more books by this author

5.0 out of 5 stars Bull Street, 1 Sep 2013
An excellent read with an intriguing insight into the world of Wall Street and money deals. Gripping to the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm - good but could have been so much better., 10 Dec 2011
I enjoyed this book and I think I'm gonna give David Lender another go. The story was good, the main characters are likeable and the finance/banking background was interesting particularly with everything going on. The story build to a satisfactory end.

So why only 3 stars?

I kept losing the thread with the book - I thought the author rattled through the characters and didn't take enough time building the back ground but rather jumped straight into the intrigue. I therefore had to go back to the beginning to re-read where the characters come in and how they fit in. So I didn't realise that the main legend was actually a client of the bank and thought he was the head of the bank until it became obvious a good way into the story. Whilst maybe I was being dim, I think so many characters are introduced quickly and then the fast paced story gets going that it was easy to misinterpret what was going on.

But I will give the author another go as after I tracked back to get the story straight, it was really a good novel and Lender who has worked in Wall Street clearly knows his stuff.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 24 Oct 2014
Good story decent plot and probably highly likely to have happened at the time it was written. Look forward to more.