Format: DVD|Change

on 25 July 2014
A slow moving film with some good acting and a very erotic scene around a meal table, otherwise weirdly strange.
on 12 April 2013
i would have had more fun watching paint dry. this film was beyond boring. no plot and very little dialogue
on 12 July 2012
This film is beyond rubbish. Julia Leigh, an up and coming Australian writer has decided that anybody can make a film, and
successfully proved that she is wrong.

The film is vapid and pretentious, and if this had been written and directed by a man, it would be called misogynistic, sexist and a shallow portrait of the female psyche. But because the director is a woman, it's considered avaunt-guard and artistic.

People might say that because I'm a man that I just didn't get it. They could be right. But, I would argue that if I had to put up a female filmmakers' portrait of women in the world, I would pick Andrea Arnold, Claire Denis, Barbara Loden, Agnes Varda or Jane Campion instead. Sadly Campion put her name to this utter trash, which I think is her first mis-step in her whole career.

I would suggest if you want to watch this, instead of doing so either take some Homeopathic sleeping tablets and go to bed or close your head in the fridge door a few times. If your feeling really adventurous do both.
on 12 September 2012
I got this because I'd seen another film (The Uninvited) with Emily Browning, and wanted to see what this film was like.

I honestly wish I had read the reviews beforehand, I found it boring, but like other reviews I thought I'd give it an hour, to see if it got better, it didn't.

That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

Judging by the "reviews" on the front I thought it would be a decent film, but it left me thinking, did they even watch it? Maybe I didn't read between the lines, but I found it boring, and creepy too.
on 19 January 2012
Saw this in the cinema a couple of months ago-beautifully shot and put together. I think Lucy's character is a bit of a love/hate one; I loved the balance between her feisty, gogetit attitude and her complete submission to others when she is a sleeping beauty. Definitely worth getting: if you like Sofia Coppola, you'll love this-something of the virgin suicides etc. about it
on 22 March 2012
A lot of fantastic films have been coming out of Australia recently (Snowtown, Animal Kingdom etc.) and this is yet another. Mesmerising, creepy, a little bit saucy - it's a dream to watch. Emily Browning is sensational as the morally-ambigious lead, and it's easy to see why she's getting so much attention over in the US and the UK. If you're a fan of intelligent independent cinema then this haunting fairytale is definitely one to watch.
on 13 January 2012
A brilliant debut from first time director Julia Leigh this has something of the Jane Campion about it. Each scene is meticulously planned, and a brave performance from Emily Browning
on 19 May 2014
you do not expect to see what you are about to see.
it is not worth watching the trailer. it is best if you have no idea prior watching this.
I was lucky enough to have no clue about this movie before start watching it.
no surprise it was at the festival de cannes.
I will not open the case, it is already a collectible item!!!!
on 5 March 2013
This is the most slowest movie of all time... and guess what, nothing happens. Apart from a few nasty, explicit scenes the movie is based on what I like to call, 'waffle'. Nothing happened. And when the film ended, nothing was resolved. It was so abrupt. I can't believe I wasted £10 on this! Money back please?
on 21 March 2012
Revolver Entertainment have not provided optional English subtitles for the main feature.

It's a shame nowdays.

Publishers should think of hearing impaired and foreign customers!