Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.82

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 January 2012
Nicely written book about the sheer horror of big-time bullying and the parts played by both bullies and by teachers and other adults who condone by 'turning a blind eye' or actively allowing bullying to happen to children who are from less than perfect families, as if they deserve to to treated badly. After reading this book I switched on my pc today (23/01/12) to see a news article about an 11 year old special needs child in the USA who was thumped and attacked whilst other kids cheered the attackers on. Then the filmed attack was put onto Facebook. It was chilling how much it describes what's in this book! Excellent story about how after being bullied for years the victim suddenly aquires magical powers and pursues his attackers in an intelligent way, all the time fighting evil forces who want to gain the source of the powers. The book is in 4 sections, each building on the story. Very good read.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 January 2012
This is a compilation of the four books from the Bullied series.
Bullied, Revenge, Witch and War.
I can remember reading the first and thinking what a strong message it was. How society, especially schools ignore blatant bullying for years and years. The way it is condoned by teachers, parents and other students. Parents because they don't want their children to be the underdog and often encourage their offspring to bully others. Teachers, because they don't want to rock the boat and often take out personal grievances on children. Students, because they don't want to become the next victim. Most importantly we as a society condone, because we do not see it as a criminal offence.
The plot has Seth receive an amulet, which gives him the power to destroy the people who make his life a misery. This amulet attracts the unwanted attention of witches and otherwordly beings, which means Seth is fighting his battle on two fronts. It is interesting to see that psychologically Seth the victim becomes Seth the possible bully. The power to seek and get revenge makes others fear him and he often crosses over the line that seperates the humane from the inhumane.
Again great reading with lots of underlying issues combined with supernatural plots.
on 15 January 2012
Well, I downloaded the first episode free and really enjoyed it. I then went on to buy the second, thinking perhaps I wouldn't continue after that, and then later the same day I bought the collection so I could finish reading to the end.

The book is quite far fetched, but was a great read for it. I didn't want to put it down. If you like supernatural, fast paced stories this is for you.

The book is well written wish a continuous moral thread running throughout. Not very suitable for young readers due to some of the language and scenes in it perhaps from 15 years+. (May be you want to read it first.)

I am looking forward to starting another book from this author.
on 14 November 2012
This is not my usual type of read but when I saw it was described as a cross between Rowling's "Harry Potter" and a horror story by Stephen King, I had to give it a go. I downloaded book one for free and then a few chapters in decided I would get the box set as the story was so intriguing. One of the things I really like about having a Kindle is that it allows me to try out authors that are unknown to me, for free, which makes me more adventurous in my reading choices.
This novel is a far fetched supernatural fantasy but fascinating, pacy, and very readable. It also has a strong message about how wrong bullying is and exposes how it's so often ignored by all who witness it. If people didn't turn a blind eye to bullying, and by doing so condone such appalling behaviour, then bullies would find it more difficult to continue tormenting others.
The novel exposes the shame that those who are bullied often feel, indicating the reason why they don't always seek advice or help. Victims of bullying often question themselves as to whether or not they deserve what they get and their self esteem can become so damaged over time that it leads them into misguidedly thinking the deserve such cruel punishment. The only problem is that in real life there is no easy solution; victims don't have a magic amulet ~ they have to stand up for themselves, which isn't always easy. Anyone who has ever been bullied will no doubt find themselves fantasizing over what they would do to the bully who tormented them, as they read ~ which is slightly disturbing since some of the suggestions in this book are so radical.
I found it disturbing that physical appearance seemed to be to blame for much of the bullying that was carried out against Seth (the protagonist), yet even Seth had judged Joe as "creepy" at the start of the novel, due to his unusual appearance. And ironically Seth punishes one bully by making her put on vast amounts of weight which she will never be able to lose, in the hope people will dislike her all her life. Maybe some readers will think she deserves what she gets but I couldn't help thinking that the victim had turned into a bully too. Maybe we are expected to conclude that victims themselves can become bullies as a result of their experiences? The only real solution, of course, is support for the victims and education and prevention for the perpetrators, and thankfully Seth eventually promotes that idea.
I did feel a little cheated by this being called a 4 book box set. In my view it is ONE book divided into 4 sections, each referred to as a book. You need to read the "books" in order and in my opinion they wouldn't stand alone ~ they are not long enough and any one section alone would seem like an unfinished story. I suspect this was a ploy to help the author sell the novel ~ which is a pity because it's good enough to have sold without such a deception; it's a good read.
on 8 November 2012
this is an amazing set of books that keep you reading right to the very last page...
this will hit several nerves with people that have been bullied through school but its not about revenge its a very well written book that covers all aspects of bullying down to the victim then doing the right thing

would highly recommend this new writer that is being compared to an early stephen king
on 1 February 2012
This is a great book , Not going to tell you the Plot as other reviewers have already given enough information.To be honest the Title speaks for itself. I completed this in two nights as I was unable to put it down.I did get Book 1 for free then had to download this to complete the Story - You wont be disappointed.Enjoy
on 13 June 2012
I love this story - a boy who has spent most of his life being bullied acquires a magical tailisman & wreaks revenge on his tormenters - I did identify hints of Harry Potter though
on 1 December 2012
I loved this series and think anyone who has or is being bullied reads it, the series is fast paced but satisfying and,had you on the end of your seat
on 11 January 2014
Couldn't put it down, really good storyline and tension kept up all way through. Look forward to reading some more by Chris Smith
on 3 February 2013
I read the first book in the series and enjoyed it so much I bought the rest to download :-)