Nearly every other yachtsman that I know will get frustrated with throwing away wet paperback books and having to replace waterlogged electronic units and 'phones. I sail and I read; that accounts for about 90% of my life and so I would seriously miss my Kindle when out on the boat.

This piece of kit makes all the difference, it is a genuinely waterproof Kindle bag-cover with a seal system that is watertight and stays watertight. My Kindle has now survived a number of seriously 'splashy' Channel crossings and the cover is fit for purpose and does exactly what it is designed to do.

Highly recommended.
on 1 September 2012
This was purchsed as a gift to be used with a touch screen sony e reader. The product was well packed in a display box and ade a impressive looking gift.

The fastening system is very substantial and instills confidence when using expensive electronic items in wet conditions. My mother uses this to read her ebook whilst in the hot tub and has had no problems. All of the controlls are available to use and the touch screen remains responsive.

Over all I am very happy with this.
on 28 January 2015
Brilliant product.

I tried many different waterproof cases in the past ( I just love reading in the bath tub, my ereader not so much). i tried many, but none of them felt right.
I bought the cheaper ones just to throw them in the bin after one use. they would make the e reader overheat after 10 minutes. it was hard to read through the plastic and it just felt weird in the hands.

However, the OverBoard e reader case is great.
I use it on a daily basis and it is going for over 6 months now.
I love it and couldn't live without it.
Closes and opens very easily ( after you use it a while tho. i must admit when i first got it, i had to ask my husband to open the little clips. but means no water is getting in there for sure).

I dropped it few times in the bath tub and as stated it floats and even in hot bath no damage whatsoever.

Easy to maintain and clean. I just rinse with cold water after use or wipe it with a wet wipe.
on 13 February 2015
We were so pleased with this initially but subsequently very disappointed with both the product and the customer service. My husband had only had it for 2 months and had been extremely careful with it. However whilst using it in the bath it suddenly filled with water and the Kindle inside was ruined. I sent the case back and the received a curt reply to say that here was "no manufacturing defect" and that "The front (clear) screen is actually punctured. This may have happened if the case had unfortunately come into contact with a sharp item, perhaps in a bag or somewhere else". No refund!
I can only say that having been very careful with it, the product is flimsy, punctures easily and would not recommend.
on 7 August 2013
Performed perfectly on holiday in and around the pool, touch sensitivity worked just fine on the Kindle paper white. Would definitely recommend.
Used it for the first time in Egypt this Easter. Mechanism was simple but effective. Completely watertight.
Very highly recommended.
on 30 March 2016
The big fault with Kindles was: you could not read in the bath. You can with this! I have had this one for over 12 months and I am just buying a second for my Hudl. I keep a sachet of silica gel in the bag to scavenge any condensation and it works really well. If you are careless it will probably bite but I have been careful and it has been a pleasure most mornings. I am buying a second so I can read the Independent in the bath.
on 7 July 2014
Two of the plastic sealing clips broke the third time I opened it. As this was the time I was opening it to actually use it on Holiday, I would say this item is totally useless in a literal sense.
Returning as unfit for purpose when I get back from the idyllic holiday by the pool this might have been useful for, should it have actually have worked.
on 4 October 2014
been on yacht, beach, pool, bath, even sauna (not advised)
Seals are robust, though it feels like a slinky in your hands. You can trust it - but remember to test first!
Would buy for my other devices.
on 21 May 2016
Great, reliable waterproof case. This is the second one of these I've bought - the old one still works but was getting a little cloudy inside the plastic so I thought I'd treat myself to a new one.

See one answered question