5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Laptop
This is a review for the 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD version of the Acer 5750G with the Intel i5 2430M processor. Amazon don't list this computer as the 5750G (they have it just as the 5750), but that is what it says on the box.
First of all I was surprised by the sturdiness of the laptop, having read several times that Acer can be a bit plasticky. This machine is solid and...
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by J. Rychetnik

1.0 out of 5 stars I miss my old HP
I bought a brand new HP a year ago in a shop and just before Christmas it developed a fault and I was offered a replacement. After a bit of research and comparing the specs I thought this Acer was the best deal I could get for the price. It is indeed faster than my old HP and has more space.
I have now had it for over two months and am getting so annoyed by its...
Published on 20 Jan 2012 by SoLo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Feb 2012
This PC is great. It works straight out of the box and in a month has done everything asked of it. No problems at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire 5750, 8 Feb 2012
Powerful computer which does everything that it should.
Bought primarily for video editing, but I am expanding it's use rapidly.

5.0 out of 5 stars My life saver, 17 Jan 2012
I had a four-year-old laptop from a discount superstore which felt as though it was forty, slow, always crashing and showing its age - it has done a huge amount of work and I can't complain. It was getting to the stage where I could have thrown it through the window and to save my sanity, it had to be replaced. After a lot of research, I decided on this Acer, and so far haven't been disappointed. It is the speed that really overwhelms me - how things have progressed in four years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it promised, 29 Dec 2011
Donnie (NE Scotland) - See all my reviews
Allows me to produce videos in well under quarter of the time, well worth the money. Good screen and finish, as well as reasonable battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and superb sounding portable machine., 2 Jan 2012
Af Holmes "MusicMaster" (GB UK) - See all my reviews
Bought as a present for musician nephew. This easily qualifies as a desktop replacement. The audio is powered by a dolby processing programme that is top for clarity ,detail and cinema sound.i5 turbo processor ,8 gig of ram and 500 gig disc make this a really top performing portable with excellent battery life. The built in speakers are free from distortion although not that loud. The headphone output is loud though. Meaning you will find 28 out of 50 more than enough on Sony headphones. It connects via hdmi to a TV and is a superb sounding dvd player.
Removing Mcafee is easy in control panel-'Add and Remove Programmes'.
Replacing it with free download of Microsoft Anti- Virus.

The Belkin bag is a bargain as it has a roomy front pocket for cables and charger ,internal for manual etc. Pocket in the back too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a Low(ish) price!!, 12 Dec 2011
A Great purchace! Everything you could want from a Laptop!
Even the sound quality is fantastic, somthing that I don't usually expect from a laptop.

1.0 out of 5 stars I miss my old HP, 20 Jan 2012
SoLo (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acer Aspire 5750 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2330M Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) (Personal Computers)
I have now had it for over two months and am getting so annoyed by its quirks that I am desperately missing my old laptop.
For one, as others have mentioned, the power switch is in a really awkward spot so that it turns itself off if I get too close to a cushion on the sofa or accidentally touch it when trying to pick it up. The slightly askew keyboard also takes some getting used to, and some of the keys are smaller than others. The single most annoying thing about this computer though is the fact that the disc drive on the right hand side opens up at the lightest touch, or even when I just place the laptop onto the table. Once it is pressed in, it opens up again, and again. Drives me absolutely nuts. The battery life is shockingly short in comparison to any other laptop I have owned, even when I am not using it at full capacity.
I am not going to comment on the technicalities as those have been well covered by other reviewers.
all in all, even though the specifications for this machine are great in comparison to other brands, the design faults make me wish I had a slower but sturdier machine and could go back to my old HP.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value/performance, 20 Jun 2014
Lee B (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
An excellent value combination that has worked well, though recently it has started tonhave wireless connection problems, which may be a hardware rather than software issue. My daughter's version of this suffered when the hard drive died, but mine has proved very reliable, apart from the wireless adapter issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 7 Feb 2012
I had been looking for a laptop for a reasonable price for a while now, and when I saw this one with an external graphics card at 500, I couldn't say no.
Once received the screen didnt work, but a quick email to amazon and they had sent another one out straight away and I received it 3 days later. The previous one was sent back free of charge also.

The laptop itself is quick, and capable of my gaming needs, with 1GB dedicated graphics memory and 2GB shared. I would have preferred to have 8GB ram and the 500GB HDD rather than 6GB ram and 750GB HDD but I can add in more memory at a later stage if required.

The laptop also comes with a HDMI port, which is excellent for hooking up to my TV, also a VGA if your TV is not HDMI compatible.

Excellent laptop, could not be more pleased with the product and price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Acer laptop, 30 Jan 2012
This is the second laptop since 30th December 2011, same model from the same people, other one is going back tomorrow and to be honest i wish this one was too. I setup and installed them both, and they were fine but the first one only lasted a few hours before it became incredibly slow, started crashing every few minutes or just would not recognize the fact that you have already clicked on an icon or menu option on the sreen, it also chewed up a brand new dvd and after closer inspection found that the disc compartment was falling to bits inside. I also found that the keys were sticking in certain areas of the keyboard, not all the time just sometimes, the same happend on my older Acer and has also happend on the replacement i received last week. Yes, i do look after my computers well, but from now on i will not be purchasing any more Acers, even this replacement isn't that good as its starting to play up like the last one., Do yourself a favour steer clear from these Acers!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›