5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Laptop
This is a review for the 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD version of the Acer 5750G with the Intel i5 2430M processor. Amazon don't list this computer as the 5750G (they have it just as the 5750), but that is what it says on the box.
First of all I was surprised by the sturdiness of the laptop, having read several times that Acer can be a bit plasticky. This machine is solid and...
Published on 3 Jan. 2012 by J. Rychetnik

1.0 out of 5 stars I miss my old HP
I bought a brand new HP a year ago in a shop and just before Christmas it developed a fault and I was offered a replacement. After a bit of research and comparing the specs I thought this Acer was the best deal I could get for the price. It is indeed faster than my old HP and has more space.
I have now had it for over two months and am getting so annoyed by its...
Published on 20 Jan. 2012 by SoLo

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy!, 19 Feb. 2012
Had my new Acer a week now. Hadn't realised how rubbish my old Dell was until I tried this out. I'm so happy with it! Glad I got the i5 as it's a good speed and seems to cope with everything I throw at it. Streams nicely when watching iPlayer, using Skype, etc. Love the numeric keypad as I use a lot of Excel. Trying to figure out how they have squeezed the number pad in while the whole thing somehow feels bigger than my 15" Dell - very cunning. Like the keyboard, although I have had to get used to where the delete key is. No problem with the position of the power button, and like the USB ports being near the front where I can see clearly when plugging things in. A few Acer add-ons I had to uninstall but no big deal as didn't take long. It is also really light while looking good and feeling solid. Really sharp screen quality and sound seems ok for my needs. Remains cool even after lots of use (unlike my Dell which heated up loads underneath). Really recommend this laptop. (By the way, I got a higher spec for the same price from a certain High St PC retailer!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but not perfect, 10 July 2012
Mr. C. Friskney (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this laptop (i5, 8gb ram, 500gb hdd) from Staples a week ago. the price was much lower than here at £450 but I got another 10% off cos it was the last one and display unit. then they said I could have 20% off if I took out the full 2yr warranty! So effectively I got 2yrs for £15 and the whole thing cost £415 with the £5 voucher I handed in as well! Pretty damned good deal!

So - its pretty fast but not blistering as I would have expected from the spec. Boot up time is around 1 minute and I hoped for faster. The screen has good colour. Viewing angle is adequate. Its a very quiet machine. I wish it had bluetooth built in but adapters are cheap. Web pages still don't load instantly but maybe thats the sites and not the machine!

the main thing I don't like is the keyboard. the keys are flat with no tapered edges or concave tops. this looks very nice but means its so easy to hit the adjacent keys by mistake as the space between keys is small and your finger is not 'located' in the centre of the key with the concave indentation not being there as on other keyboards. The only other minor gripe is that the lids shows up fingermarks very easily. It would get 5* if the keys were better!

There are 3 USB ports - but they are not USB3

For the price I paid I am very happy and will just have to be more accurate with my typing!

I was considering a hybrid drive for around £65 but the power consumption is greater - still might do if the prices come down even more and I can use the existing one as an external usb drive

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great All-Rounder Laptop!, 7 Jan. 2012
Mrs. Sa Hill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acer Aspire 5750 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2330M Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) (Personal Computers)
Got this laptop for christmas and I am very pleased with it, after putting up with a dreadfully slow Celeron M Aspire for a few years. My 5750 is the Core i3 model in blue with 4GB DDR3 ram and 500GB HDD. The laptop itself is very fast and is fully capable of running processor, memory and graphics hungry applications and can multitask with ease. The built in webcam is of great quality and is better than the one I bought a few months back. Another great feature of this laptop is the USB 3.0 port, which is twice as fast as USB 2.0 and transferring files to and from a USB stick is quick and easy. Onto multimedia, the laptop has great sound quality and the Dolby advanced audio v2 gives the speakers a real boost, plus the Intel HD graphics card can handle most games and is the best I have used in a laptop and playing CDs, games and DVDs is excellent with the great quality LCD LED display which gives of a great picture. Although the shiny plastic on the laptop's lid and above the speakers gets a lot of fingermarks on it easly and tends to make smear marks, although this isn't such a problem and the laptop makes a loud beep whenever you plug and unplug the laptop from the mains and battery life could be slightly better, but 4 hours on power saver is okay for light computing such as typing documents and browsing the internet. Lastly, the laptop has a lot of junk preinstalled on it and the McAfee free trial tends to slow down the computer and makes internet browsing sluggish, but if removed, the pc is fine. So, overall a good buy and great value for money for what you get. Would higly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Laptop; Fantastic Spec; Fantastic Brand, 13 Oct. 2012
Greg (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have had this laptop for almost a year now & it has never let me down. Nor for the matter have the other 2 Acer latops in our family. I admit quite proudly I am a firm Acer brand fan.

This particular model has a great spec. The 500 Gb hard drive is I suppose moderate in size now, but more than ample for my needs. The Intel i5 chip is good & the 8Mb of RAM is fantastic for the music creation software I run. For playing DVDs, the screen is clear & bright. My model did not come loaded with tons of bloatware & I have tried to keep it relatively free of unnecessary applications. The keyboard is good with an integral numeric keypad on the right, which I like a lot. I even like the touchpad on this model - normally I hate touchpads.

Okay now the gripes. Yes the power switch, which is located on the top left corner is badly placed. My previous laptop had it in the middle where it was much less likely to get knocked accidently. I have unwittingly switched the computer off by brushing against the switch - it is quite sensitive. However, it's hardly something that happens frequently, and quite honestly if it kept happening then it would be my fault for not learning to steer clear of it. The other gripe for me personally is the fact that it only has 3 USB ports, but I guess most of the time that would be enough anyway.

Overall the gripes in no way detract from the 5 star rating I have given it. Just remember to shop around, as there are quite a range of different price tags for it out there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire 5750 15.6 inch Laptop, intel i5, RAM 8GB, HDD 500GB......shame about the delivery!, 30 Mar. 2012
Was looking for my first laptop before christmas on the net and in the likes of currys/pcworld, decided to leave it till the sales to see if I could get a bargin but wasn't much difference in the prices before and after christmas. Ended up ordering this laptop based on the i5 processer and RAM to be honest, massive amounts of storage wasn't really a concern and 500GB will be fine for me.

Had it a few months now and it seems fine, I like the flater style keyboard which I wasn't used to before, the only thing I think could be better is the sound....thought it would be a little louder/better. The screen is pretty good, even from a bit of an angle which a lot of laptops aren't. Yes, it is a little difficult to see in bright light when you have some reflections but I don't think many laptops are immune to this! A good buy and as it stands right now I would buy ACER again......just not from amazon......

......The rating i've given this product is just for that, the product. If I could give a seperate rating for the delivery it would be NO STARS. I've never had a problem with amazon deliveries before and always choose free super saver as items usually arrive on time and quite often arrive early. You would have thought that a £500 laptop would need signing for whatever delivery method.....apparently not. Got home from work to find the box with my laptop in just left on my drive by the gate into the back garden....in full view of the road and pavement!!! Not impressed. Surely amazon should ensure items of a certain value are better looked after on deliveries? If all super saver deliveries don't require a signature (do any require one?) then it shouldn't be an option for something like a £500 laptop. Who would have been responsible for replacing it if it had been taken from my driveway??

So in summary, great laptop which I would recommend.....poor delivery this time amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire 5750 Laptop 15.6 inch screen, 16 Mar. 2012
I have had this laptop for 2 months now and am very pleased with it. It set up straight out of the box and linked wirelessly to my home network very easily, including being able to read files from my PC and print to my printer (both wirelessly). The keyboard is very positive and good to use. The screen is fine and easily viewed from straight on. I am not fond of track pads because I am not used to them, (although the trackpad works perfectly fine) so I bought a USB mouse to use with it and it was recognised and worked straight away. Sound is not fantastic but it is usable and recognisable. A child's DVD film played in the DVD player operates perfectly well and can be understood. Although this model has a camera, I have never used it, so can't comment on that. I believe there is also a user's handbook somewhere on the computer but I didn't check the location when I first set it up and a message flashed up a few times about checking it out. But I haven't needed it anyway (except for maybe setting up the web cam, which is not something I have ever used, so don't need. I also purchased a sleeve to protect the laptop. The Acer has travelled with me several times, been used on the train, carried in a haversack (inside the sleeve) and set up in University and worked fine on the network there. Can't comment on the battery life because I have mainly used it on the mains. Battery certainly lasted fine for the 20 minute train journey but that is not a real test. I mainly work on text files but have also used PowerPoint, with photographs and have surfed the Internet with the computer. Photographs are great, everything else also works very satisfactorily.
Very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire 5750 laptop, 1 Mar. 2012
G. Cutting (Lancaster England) - See all my reviews
What a brilliant laptop. The Windows Experience Index rates the performance at about the same as my quad core desktop, which I thought was a fast machine. It looks classy, is nice and slim and gives a good battery life. The installation was over and done, including connecting wirelessly, in about ten minutes. For the price this machine takes some beating. The screen quality, in my experience is very good; fair enough you've got to get the screen angle fairly correct but, then again, this seems to be the case for many laptops. Watching a video is a joy. Nice vibrant colours give a rich viewing experience. Like others, I spent a fair while removing loads of software that, frankly, I had no reason to keep, but I played around for a while first. What a pleasant experience to own a laptop that was so easy to get up and running. It boots to desktop as quickly as my main PC. Everything works and works well. The sound quality is mighty impressive, in my view, especially for a laptop. Finally, after a couple of days of playing I've gotten round to making the backup disks. The latter proceeded just fine although I would much prefer having the orinal Windows disks. Still, the software comes preloaded and doesn't cost you extra so I shouldn't mark it down on that account. Yes can't really fault this machine - excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ace Aspire 5750, 18 Feb. 2012
I bought the above in January 2012, having previously owned another Acer Laptop. The new machine is lighter and less bulky than the old one. It is nicely finished. The powerful Intel Core 5i Processor and 8 GB of RAM make this a powerful fast machine that is "streets" ahead of my previous model. Overall I am well impressed and satisfied. My only comment is, as usual, the machine is supplied with a lot of pre-installed junk which I will never use and have spent some time removing.

Jas (Spain)

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value laptop, 19 Jan. 2012
Bought this Acer 5750 model because Amazon description included NVidia GeForce graphics adaptor as well as i5 processor at £499.00. Every other supplier including Acer specifies this as model 5750G at a cost of at least £650.00. I was amazed to find the laptop supplied is actually a 5750G. I note Amazon have now increased the price to £ 638.00.

The display is brilliant, pin sharp, used for HD AVCHD video playback with exceptional quality using Windows Media Player, which I didn't think possible. Copied AVCHD files from SDHC card very quickly.

I have never experienced such easy wifi connection to both work and home networks, all software installed without problem, installed MS 3500 wireless mouse which works perfectly. Maybe Windows 7 has reached MAC "it always works"!

Created backup discs as recommended, takes four DVD's and approx 1 hour to write and verify. Noticed laptop quite hot when finished.

Cover is embossed finish so looks good without fingermarks as experienced with another Acer. Keys are flat and nice to use.

In addition to video playback, used for Office, CAD, e-mail and browsing. With 6GB RAM and i5 don't think I'll ever have to wait for PC again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great laptop, 26 Feb. 2012
Mr. Kenneth Hunt (UK) - See all my reviews
I've only ever used a PC in the past and I overcame my original prejudice to buy this laptop. I'm so pleased I did, I keep it close to hand and use it many times a day. Don't know how I managed without it. It's really fast and I am sure I will never use all the memory.