5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant., 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Alzheimer's Timeline (Kindle Edition)
A typical student, I came to Amazon in the hope that by buying loads of books I would somehow pass my MH nursing exam by osmosis. Simply by having them would prove my dedicaion to my study. Actually reading them however........

But, I did read this one, from beginning to end in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.

It is easy to miss out the human cost of being a family member of someone with Alzheimer's, or indeed any dementia. In college we gaze appreciativly at MRI scans and 'ohh' an 'ahh' at powerpoint presentations on a daily basis, before being let out into the community/hospitals in shiny uniforms, with even shinier faces, to absorb the wisdom of professionals in the field. They're good, but they're not the whole story.

I would encourage everyone, no matter their knowledge base, be it curiosity or professional interest to read this book. It is brave, witty (yes, it made me laugh out loud in places), and it made me cry (a great deal). I have recommended this book to everyone on my course and I would, without and shaddow of a doubt recommend it to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alzheimer's Timeline, 27 Dec 2011
A real life "must read"
I only decided to read this as i have read other life stories by the same author and found them interesting. In this book there is no happy ending. Its not about cures, treatments or medication for Alzheimer sufferers its one family struggle to come to terms with a family member struck down with the disease.

5.0 out of 5 stars My heart goes out to Brian ,Hilary and Paul, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Alzheimer's Timeline (Kindle Edition)
I recently read this book on my Kindle, all I can say is this Beautiful family went through so much together it broke my heart I was in tears in some parts. Can I just say that what you did was truly wonderful, you tried your best with the knowledge you had, an excellent book Brian :) Myrtle x

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivated from beginning to end, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Alzheimer's Timeline (Kindle Edition)
An emotive, tender and poignant account of the cruel effects of dementia. I was truly engrossed from the beginning. A personal story of an illness which leaves sufferers confused and perturbed and their families devastated. Sad, happy, and truly heartbreaking I thoroughly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 15 Nov 2011
This review is from: Alzheimer's Timeline (Kindle Edition)
This book was written from the heart. I found it both heartwarming and endearing I just couldn't put it down. Even when the situation was at it's worst the author was able to use humour.The format of the book was easy to follow and I found myself connecting with the author. Informative, Witty and Heartbreaking.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read for relatives of this disease, 20 Oct 2011
Mrs. H. E. Ellis "hilary" (northern ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alzheimer's Timeline (Kindle Edition)
simply a most heartbreaking , eye-opening , beautifully crafted work . the author shows a great depth of understanding in all aspects involved with the tragic demise of his mum , and all with such an open heart to help others in a similar difficult situation .

Alzheimer's Timeline