5.0 out of 5 stars Why's he stripped to the waist and standing in a puddle?, 27 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Best Of 25 Years (MP3 Download)
I found the album cover enigmatic. Who is this? He's facing the other way, and the elastic waist band of his underpants is showing over the top of his jeans which appear to be falling down into the water. I first saw the album cover in one of the major music retailers in the centre of town. Who the hell's this I wondered, intrigued enough to get closer to read the label. Sting, the best of 25 years, maybe that explains it. He's an artist who's little understood despite being one of the major talents in the music industry for around thirty years.

Stings music has been the sound track to much of my life (yes I know it's a cliche) since the early eighties. I had a collection of Police hit singles on blue 7" vinyl and bought several of his later solo albums. This collection has all of the key songs that I know and love. Reissuing back catalogues is an overused ploy of recording companies who seem to be less able to find and cultivate new talent of this stature. In this case I forgive them. I'd forgotten somehow about the range and quality of Sting's work. I don't think the man has a peer. Brilliant, brilliant stuff!

After playing the album, both CD's, again and again, my wife and I agreed that he's one artist we'd really like to see perform live. In what felt like a genuine experience of synchronicity, I stumbled across the fact that he's playing in Glasgow in March. The tickets were on sale the following morning! We're very much looking forward to seeing him with a five piece band. 'Back to Bass' is the publicity name for the tour.

If you enjoy Sting's music and don't have some of his stuff, or if your interested and don't have any then check this out. First class material by a first rate songwriter and performer.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the hits in one package, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Best Of 25 Years (MP3 Download)
A must for all sting fans