4.0 out of 5 stars Better case than the (CP-001)
When I originally bought my Lumia 800 I got the CP-001 case with it which is the flip version that has a small magnetic tab that locks the case in place. After having this case for three months the the fabric on the lip had began to come away revealing the inner. I purchased this case as it looked like an alternative but similar protective case.

Comparing the...
Published on 23 Mar. 2012 by Mr. J. White

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, protects well but shoddy durability...
I own two of these cases (one black, one white). First off, the cases definitely look the part and when brand new, FEEL very solid and well-manufactured...in the beginning.

Published 21 months ago by P3te2

4.0 out of 5 stars Better case than the (CP-001), 23 Mar. 2012
Mr. J. White "James" (England) - See all my reviews

Comparing the two I would say this case (CP-572) is better, here's my comparisons:

Feels nicer in the hand, not as bulky.
The leather is moulded around the case rather than stitched, so less likely to peel away like the CP-001.
I also like how this case has a larger lip that locks over the groove on back of the case which feels more secure.
This case also seems to be constructed tighter than the CP-001 and I'm finding it does a better job keeping dust/dirt particles out.
This case also only exposes the right side of the Lumia 800 (For the volume, lock and camera buttons) where as the CP-001 exposed both sides.

The one bad thing about this case for me is that due to the larger locking lip, the USB charger port (and SIM slot) is completely covered, meaning you have to have the case "unlipped" when charging. Its not that bad but its the one thing I got used to with the CP-001 case where the case had a smaller lip which did not block the slots. However in terms of protection I'd take the larger locking lip.

Overall a great case, consider buying it for your Lumia 800.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, relatively slow delivery, worth waiting for, 27 Feb. 2012
A very good bespoke case for the lumia 800. Very pleased with it. Looks good. Feels good and does the job perfectly...I dropped the phone and received a minor scuff to the case with no damage to the phone. Looks better than an i phone. Cannot ask for more than that.
Ordered 6 Jan. Delivery estimate 27 Jan to 5 March 2012 !. Delivered 20 Jan 2012.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, protects well but shoddy durability..., 28 May 2013

As mentioned by several others, an annoying gripe is that it needs to be opened for charging, the white one gets mucky (unsurprisingly) quickly and the lip can be a bit tight and difficult to open and close when new, but it does soon loosen up.

Generally though, the functionality of the product is good. Dropped it a few times and managed to get away with only a scuff to the leather. The screen remains scratch-free and it keeps dust out very well.

The main problem however, is the build quality >2months. The leather starts peeling off from the edges/lip after a couple of months and with the black one, it survived for about 5-months before the leather came off from the plastic completely at the lip and the plastic ended up snapping off.

I'm currently 2.5 months into using the white one and signs of the peeling have started at the top corner edges & the lip.

I'll be replacing it soon though as it's become an unsightly stained grey atm (not the fault of the case), but I'm hesitant about getting another CP-572 because at this price, I expect it to last for more than 5 months....

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Nokia product and a good 'un, 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Nokia Vertical Flip Clip-On Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 800 - White (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Just read previous review about this product not being a genuine Nokia product and not being branded correctly - I think they must've reviewed the wrong item.

It's a gorgeous product, marries up perfectly at the top, is branded just "Nokia" not "Nokia 800" or Nokia Lumia 800". The case was designed to fit both the N9 and the Lumia 800 so of course it would not be branded "Nokia Lumia 800" as the previous reviewer thinks...

Like said, if you're going to buy an expensive phone, it's worth getting a decent leather case to protect it. I had the genuine one for my previous phone (Nokia E7) and have followed it up by getting this case for my Lumia 800. Can't fault it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 27 Sept. 2012
Despite some other negative reviews I read before buying, I an quite pleased with this. It arrived super-quickly, and I think is indeed a genuine Nokia product (some people seemed to doubt it). It fits my Lumia 800 as promised - the catch isn't QUITE as good a fit as I'd ideally like, but it does the job. The leather was a little disappointing, as it has a textured leather finish which I don't think was clear from the picture, and I'd had preferred it to be smooth - not a fault with the item though, just personal preference. It does have a nice leathery aroma, though, which I always like! All-in-all it's fine and does what it's supposed to do. I'm happy enough with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia Lumina Case, 19 July 2012
I was looking for a cover for the Nokia Lumia 800 which would save the face from scratches but also be easy to slip into my jacket with the phone secure inside. Pouches may allow the phone to slip out accidentally and also have to be put somewhere when you are using the phone. With the phone in this secure case the phone can be used, charged and the ear phone socket is also available. It's ideal, easy to use, slim and looks smart. To use the phone you simply flip open the front. In my car, with bluetooth, I dont even have to do that because the microphone is clear of the shut case and the phone is activated via the bluetooth link.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather case for Nokia Lumia 800, 15 Feb. 2012
This is a great little case. White is not the best colour in terms of keeping it clean (I knew that when I bought it), but it fits snuggly, is compact and covers the screen when it's closed. It's exactly what I needed, and the cover folds backwards when you want to use the phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - Avoid!!!, 1 July 2013
C. Cookson - See all my reviews
Absolute rubbish - fell apart after about two months, with wear evident after a couple of weeks....

Avoid like the plague - I've gone back to just having the phone on its own, far better. I would give this product a wide berth given it's poor quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia functional case for Lumia 800 - black, 31 Aug. 2012
The item was superb! I couldn't have improved the design and it works 100%. It looks and feels lovely, protects my phone in my bag against damage from keys etc and the case itself still hasn't a mark on it. I am delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great case and stylish indeed, 28 Aug. 2012
J. Hryca "Pfalzgraf" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
my lumia 800 sits snug in the case and I can open and close it without problem.
all buttons can easily be reached including the SIM card slot and charger.
It is much better than the Nokia CP-001 which sit loosely in the case and just does not cut the mustard.

That is the only case I would recommend, good quality and different colours available.
does not make the mobile much bigger.