5.0 out of 5 stars Havaianas Mens wellies
These are great - warm, comfortable, good quality, well made. Sizes seem to run a little small (UK 8 comes in as Havaianas 41) and the bootleg isn't overly wide so tucking thick jeans can be difficult. Best way to tuck jeans is shown on the havianas rainboots promotional video!
Published on 9 Jan. 2012 by K

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller for size and stiffer than I had expected
Published on 26 July 2012 by The Old Galoot

5.0 out of 5 stars Havaianas Mens wellies, 9 Jan. 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller for size and stiffer than I had expected, 26 July 2012
For some years I have searched in vain for shiny, all-black wellies; they are plentiful in sizes for women up to UK 8 or 9 (and for the fortunate man who has small feet), but I could find nothing except dull, matte black in my size 12. Vendors apparently believe that men won't wear glossy black, and none seemed willing to give it a go until the Havianas appeared, advertised as a unisex welly available up to UK size 12. Delighted at the prospect of finding shiny black wellies at long last, I jumped at the chance to buy them in spite of the onerous air shipping cost from the UK to the US. Delivery from Amazon was astonishingly fast.
I was disappointed on two points: First, the boots turned out to be size EU 45 rather than 46 or 47 which I generally equate with UK 12, and they are just barely large enough to fit comfortably if I first remove the insoles; a larger size is not available. Second, the rubber is thicker and stiffer than I like--I prefer the greater comfort of soft, thin, supple rubber.
Positive features are their overall appearance, adequate height of about 15.5 inches, a relatively narrow shaft (for a man's welly) that looks good with shorts, and the nice, glossy black finish. The wellies seem well made. As they have arrived only today and I have only worn them about the house, I don't yet know how they will feel on prolonged walks. I hope the glossy finish will hold up over time, but I intend to take particular care to preserve it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Order a size bigger..., 12 July 2012
Ga Johnston "Gagaryn" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Havaianas Unisex-Adult Wellington 2 Rain Boots (Apparel)
A good quality boot but be careful with the sizing - I ordered a UK 11, Amazon sent a size 44 and they were too small, unsurprisingly. If you look at Wikepedia's shoe size page - [...] you will see that a 44 is equivalent to a 9.5 / 10.

Amazon don't offer exchanges, instead forcing you to return and order again, so I ordered a size UK 12, and was sent a size 45 - equivalent to the size 11, and they fit. If only Amazon had sent the right size to begin with! Amazon's mistake cost me money as I was charged 20% more for the second pair. Pretty shoddy on Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looking wellies, but split after a few months :-(, 8 Jan. 2013
Lucy (Southampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Havaianas Unisex-Adult Wellington 2 Rain Boots (Apparel)
I really love these wellies, they are narrow and fit really nicely. Perfect for going on long walks with.

However, after a few months one of them split and the water poured in, then a week later the second one did.

Sadly I had to return to Amazon and buy a new brand as I don't want to risk another broken pair.

I was quite surprised they were such poor quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, 15 Mar. 2012
really good boots feel strong wore them even when its not snowing
abit heavy though cause of the material but i love them

2.0 out of 5 stars Finish-poor quality, 22 Aug. 2012
So disappointed with the finish on item. Work of really poor quality. The trimming on the top of the wellies not even cut straight, lettering is also coming off, and lumps of glue left on item. Also noticed many flaw marks within the product itself. All that said I'm in the process of returning the item and I have always been impressed with the high standard of customer care provided by Amazon and how effectively they deal with refunds. These wellies are very on trend and I did like the style on them just a shame they were made so poorly and they are also very heavy to wear so ladies be warned not great if you plan to walk far in them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope they last better, 26 Sept. 2012
Hi
I have normally purchase Hunters but my last pair although comfortable did not last very long wearing down at the heel rapidly (i only use for dog walking about 2 Hrs a day). My first impressions are good being comfortable but with them I think being unisex they seem snug being for a narrow style foot , although I have a high instep , but are fine even after wearing a while. On the subject of size I followed the remarks made about them running small and bought a size 9 for my usual size 8 foot that was sound advice and should be followed in my opinion. They seem well made and hope they last longer than the last Hunters I purchased and these are somewhat cheaper only time will tell. I write this having had them for 3 weeks and with the currant climate have had some use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Look good,poor quality, 23 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Havaianas Unisex-Adult Wellington 2 Rain Boots (Apparel)
They are very bright, more a ladies item than for a man.Reasonably comfortable.Size is snug. Bought only to walk the dog. Poor quality, top seam has split after only three months.This should not happen at any price. Should have known better will be going back to Hunter or Aigle. Does anyone know how to make a warranty claim with Amazon the website does not make it easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and Pretty Stylish, 20 Aug. 2012
I've only worn these once so far to a very muddy festival and they did the job: very comfy and look good, they are a decent fit but I would have preferred them to be tighter around the leg area (this may just be me though - I wear skinny jeans). Also I would definitely suggest getting a size above what you usually get.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... lucky i am a size 10 so they fit fine. really nice comfy wellies but they are slightly ..., 13 Feb. 2015
received the wellies today it said uk 12 on the sizing when ordering but received a uk 10 lucky i am a size 10 so they fit fine.
really nice comfy wellies but they are slightly different to the picture.
not bothered though they are actually better.
here,s a picture of me wearing them.
love them.