5.0 out of 5 stars Spain through Brit's eyes - hilarious!!!
Published on 24 Oct 2011 by Rut B. Nogueira

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read
I enjoyed this book. It was full of interesting characters and the lives they lead A good holiday read for most.
Published 23 months ago by HyacinthBucket2

5.0 out of 5 stars Spain through Brit's eyes - hilarious!!!, 24 Oct 2011
Rut B. Nogueira "rutbal" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two Old Fools - Olé! (Old Fools series Volume 2) (Kindle Edition)
'Spain is different' we, spaniards, always say. Vicky and Joe moved to Spain and now Vicky shares their funny daily anecdotes and seeing Spain through brit's eyes is just hilarious. When you read Two old fools, you realise what makes life in Spain so unique: every excuse is good to get together and share some food, drink, music,... Neighbours help each other, they will share everything they have or help you carry your wood inside with a smile and they will also burden you with unexpected babysitting witout even asking. Tradition and folklore, fiesta and siesta, that's just how we are and we think everyone is like us!. I cannot even decide what made me laugh the most: cats stealing ladies underwear and Joe having to give those back, grape puffing in the nude with a clamoring and unexpected public, Fifi, Mother's 'tomato' plants, trying to catch cats and trapping everything but felines ... I could name a thousand more. With an even mix of photos, stories and delicious spanish recipies, OLE is a perfectly balanced story. Worthy sequel to Chicken, mules and two old fools, I cannot wait to read Two old fools on a camel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, as I knew it would be!, 22 Oct 2011
Once again a five star review from me. This lady has the ability to draw you into her life and make you believe you live there and know all her friends and neighbours. I actually feel like I know her personally, which of course I don't! You laugh out loud and feel a little sad at times, and you just cannot put the book down. I just cannot wait for the next instalment, it cannot come soon enough for me. If I could give this book 6 stars I would!

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshes the parts that other books don't reach!, 23 Oct 2011
If you're feeling exhausted, depressed by world events and rising prices, then you could do no better than reach for Victoria Twead's new book! This latest offering will soon have you giggling and forgetting all your troubles. Tip the tonic wine and the anti-depressants away - all you need is TOF - O to bring the smile back to your face :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars another brilliant book from victoria, 18 Oct 2011
two old fools ole is a brilliant read for under £4.00 you get the book the pictures and wonderfull recipes the book is amazing having lived in spain it is very acurate as victoria, i lived in a small village and will go back soon i miss it and this is a good substitute so buy with confidence and anjoy a rollicking good read

5.0 out of 5 stars A break from reality that leads to another..., 19 Oct 2011
After reading and enjoying the original book I can't tell you how excited I was to finally get my hands on the sequel! The best thing about this book is that it's just as good, if not better, than the original. As I sat and read it I felt I was a ghost shadowing Vicky & Joe on their adventures, both funny and enlightening with the narrative that makes you feel as though you are there.
Characters met in the first book are still here and more amusing tales with them involved but also a whole new range of characters who bring El Hoyo to life, right in front of your eyes.
This should be made into a television series...Duty Free for the 21st century!! Highly recommended book that comes with the talent of not being able to put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad she wrote again!, 8 Feb 2012
bekibird (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
I was pretty devestated when I came to the end of Victoria Tweeds first book, so I was delighted when I found she had written another. Again we are treated to all the high's and lows of life in Spain from an ex-pat's experience. Traditional festivals, new neighbours, hilarious happenings, more pets and lovley pictures. This book was quite emotional as it appears Tweed get very attatched to the village cats and as we go on her journey you also become attatched to them too. I mourned the losses and triumphed at the found. Aagin I read this at a gallop and sped through it like no other book I have ever read. It's a story very close to my heart as my own family emigrated to France some years ago and I wish they had written down all thier adventures! I am so looking forward to the next installment, where the Tweeds travel to another part of the world to begin yet another adventure. I can't wait!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It felt like Christmas in the sunshine, 31 Dec 2011
What a bargain. For £3.50 a warm sunshine filled tale of the soap-like story of life in the mountains of Andalucia in southern Spain. Brilliantly written, full of humour and drama. A taste of real Spain a long way from the Costas. I just could not put this story down and read it all over Christmas. It's the sort of book you can read a second time and still get enjoyment from it. I will be looking forward to Victoria's third story. Highly recomended

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB FAB FAB FAB FAB, 2 Nov 2011
Mr. P. A. Anderson "Eve Anderson" (Bognor Regis) - See all my reviews
Well Victoria, you have done it again. Another well written, laugh out loud account of life in Spain. I love all the characters and for a quiet remote part of Spain, the stories of all the neighbours, friends etc make it sound like a place that is full of life. I can't wait for the next instalment. x

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 2 - continues the on going adventures, 23 Nov 2013
Wow, second in this sequel of the adventures of Victoria and Joe, it continue in the same gripping, page turning book.
Every chapter is again accompanied with a recipe.
We are introduced to the new family in the village, who add to to ups and downs of daily living.
A Mother cat, produces 3 kittens, who will lead to joy, frustration and tears.
To end the book Joe decides he wants to come out of retirement to teach again. So book 3 will continue with their move abroad.
Another fantastic book, thanks Victoria, keep writing and entertaining your memoir followers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another slice of village life., 16 Oct 2014
I loved this book as much as the first. It was so entertaining to read more about Vicky and Joe’s life in El Hoyo and catch up on the village events. I enjoyed hearing about how Carmen –Bethina and Paco’s family were doing and about Geronimo’s new donkey. Their peace was shattered however by the arrival of the Ufarte family and some hilarious stories about them are actually laugh out loud, for example, Joe returning Lola Ufarte’s thongs ( actually stolen by the cat) I nearly cried with laughter at Vicky’s description of Joe spraying the grape vines. The neighbours and their friends and relations enjoyed the sight as well. Well done Vicky for holding that melon!! There are some other memorable moments too. Another favourite for me was the time when every available space was occupied with lusty tomcats who fancied Little Tabs. However Joe seems preoccupied and what’s bothering him comes as a bit of a bombshell to Vicky as she thought they were settled into village life. Vicky’s descriptions are wonderful and it’s obvious she has a very keen eye for the humour in each and every situation. I like the way each chapter has a heading and is accompanied with a recipe – mmm! There are also photos to delight the reader as well. Good to see updates on those delightful cats as well.