on 9 August 2012
Although this splitter looks well made, and functions without requiring a separate power source, I was sadly disappointed that it would not work with Sky+ HD. The Sky box simply presents a message saying Mode not Compatible. Maybe it will work with other Sky systems, but sadly not with mine.
on 23 January 2014
I don't have a Sky box, Xbox or other games console so I can't make comment on problems that people with these pieces of kit have reported having with this little switch box but I'm guessing this is because Sky and Microsoft have done their own thing and ignored accepted HDMI standards. I do, however have three Humax PVR digital recorders and this switch box works absolutely fine with these - and has done for some eight months now.

The only annoyance I have is not the switch box's fault, it's the nature of HDMI itself. I can be watching a recording from one PVR when the screen goes black and a "no video available" message appears on screen. This happens when one or more of the other PVRs starts recording or does the night-time search for broadcast updates. I'm presuming a signal is sent from the PVRs to my TV saying "I'm alive, alive I tells ya .... look at me, look at me !" and the TV (no real will of its own) automatically switches over to that device (HDMI devices - pushy little devils !!).

Each of the input ports has a red led light showing which port is active, and they're all clearly labelled - so you just has to press the button (again clearly labelled) once or more until the right device is selected again. I sit quite close to my TV so this is no hardship for me, some people may actually have to move to reach the switch - ooh, life is so 'ard, innit - but this may be the only exercise some couch potatoes ever get, so you could actually regard this box as a dual-purpose device - HDMI switch AND exerciser. Not bad for a solidly built little piece of kit costing only £3.49 with free postage
on 11 November 2013
Very happy, switches between my Virgin TiVo box and xbox without any hassle. Automatically switches to the last source switched on.
on 22 March 2013
I had looked at many HDMI switches, this was among the cheaoest which would do what I wanted. I have an old flatscreen tv with only one HDMI input. I needed to connect both my PC and the Virgin box to the tv without swaping the cables over. This does it automatically switching to the last one switched on, just what I wanted. I also have a led monitor connected to my PC, so if I want to use the monitor for the PC and the tv to watch tv programs, all I need do is press the button on top and the box switches from PC to tv. Really useful little gizmo. Anyonme looking for a switch to feed a tv from up to 3 HDMI sources need look no further.
on 3 February 2014
Difficult review this, What I actually received looks nothing like what I ordered. Its a square with an input on 3 edges and out on the fourth. So I'll have to review what I was sent. Bottom line, rubbish picture is speckled with green pixels (thousands of them). I thought it may have been the cable's but these all work perfectly on their own. and it does not matter what source, Bluray or PC. Teach me to get something on the cheap.
on 8 August 2014
Brilliant albeit cheap and cheerful. I'll bore you briefly with my setup. I have two screens on my PC, one is VGA and the other is HDMI running on my graphics card running as a split screen extended desktop for doing my work. I also have a PS3 but I need to swap over the HDMI lead everytime because my TV only has a single HDMI socket. I bought this device and plugged in the two devices into the HDMI 'in's and another lead from the switches 'out' socket to the TV, plugged in the included IR receiver and stuck it onto my desktop and threw everything else down the back of my desk.

Now when I'm working on my PC I can use the two screens and when I want to kick back and play the PS3 the switch detects the PS3 has been switched on, my PC shifts everything onto one screen and my PS3 pops up on the other screen with no other effort from myself. When I switch my PS3 off, everything automatically reverts back to normal. If I wanted to keep my PS3 on and use the two screens on my PC, the unit includes a small remote controller which I simply press and it can switch been the three inputs. It doesn't matter that this unit is cheap and cheerful because it exceeds my expectations for such a thing. Absolutely great.
on 11 August 2014
This does exactly what I hoped it would. It is easy to set up and use. It automatically switches between the various sources to whichever source was last turned on. I use this to switch between three source devices and it works brilliantly. It works off the power off the HDMI source, so does not require any external power. There is an optional external power in (but no power adapter) which can be used to run an infrared extension. When this is plugged in, there's a small remote control (included in the box) which would allow you to manually switch between the three sources remotely. We have no need for this however as it does such a good job of switching between the sources automatically. On the rare occasion where we need to manually switch between sources, there is a big and easy to use button on the top of the device which works a treat. Also, it will only allow you to switch between 'active' sources, ignoring all the devices that are either powered off or in standby mode.
on 3 January 2014
I needed a splitter because I needed 3 devices connected to my TV. I have a Virgin HD box, a PS4 & an Xbox 360 all connected to the splitter that then leads to the TV & it works perfectly fine. Also, it automatically switches to a device when turned on, which is VERY useful.
on 20 December 2013
Received faulty item in my first order but with excellent customer service had a replacement sent which I received today and it's working fine to connect my Virgin and satellite box plus my Apple TV box
Would definitely recommend it if you have a small budget
on 4 November 2013
bought this because needed to connect more than one hdmi into one slot , perfect for what I needed ,