5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful machine

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't but this printer
Published on 1 Sept. 2012 by William Best

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful machine, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Epson Stylus PX830FWD All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi and Double Side Printing and Fax (Print, Copy, Scan and Screen) (Accessory)
I chose this printer after having read numerous reviews on various makes and models, and although I have only had this set up for one day, so far I am absolutely delighted with it. It looks extremely smart with its glossy black finish; it boasts a brilliant touch screen, adjustable upto 90 degrees; and the printing is crisp and much quicker than my previous printer, an Epson R300. Also, setting it up and connecting wirelessly was so much easier than I thought it would be as it virtually did it all by itself. As I am somewhat of a technophobe, this was a great relief for me. Registering it with Epson was easy too as it did it automatically, subject to my confirmation. Beware though, it is quite a big, heavy machine so check its dimensions before you buy. I had to buy a "Fellowes monitor/printer riser" (not a recommendation, but suited my purpose) in order to lift the Epson so it would fit in the space allocated for it, as the auto duplexer box at the rear of the printer sticks out by 7cm - bear this in mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 7 Jan. 2012
Ordered on 29 Dec, Delivered Sat 31 Jan - can't ask for better service and totally trackable order - a Saturday of all things for delivery!!! Easy set up for the printer - you literally follow the easy set-up instructions and as long as you know your wi-fi network key there is no problem (I know mine by heart but that is another issue!!!) - I have tried every function so far for the printer and it is so far so good. My niece has done god knows how many Baby Shower invites and paperwork in the short time I have had the printer and it is excellent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Printer, 10 Dec. 2011
I like this printer for its all round performance. I wanted 6 ink option so I would not lose the integrety of photo colours which I had with my old Epson Stylus Photo R285 printer, but I needed a printer which would work with windows 7 and equally well for wireless and wired printing, this one is perfect. What is more this printer gives me scanning and photocopying options plus a Fax which is the main reason i chose this one ahead of the PX730WD model. The printer is extremely quiet, and the auto duplex facility is great-a big positive over my old printer which was manual duplex. Print quality is also very sharp. The only negative is registering the product with Epson, it is obviously newer than their online lists so it is not an option in the popdown menus, thus you can't complete the registration unless you pretend it is a PX820FWD the older model. It is a pricey option, but if you want a quality all in one with fax and 6 individual inks for higher resolution colour images it is a must. Everyone who has seen it wants one too, so it must be as good as it seems!

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Pleased, 15 Mar. 2012
Yes pleased with the printer,scanner and copier a good buy. Feels good quality. Not too noisy. (Unlike my old Kodak 9250 All in One).Quick to responed. Good quality photos and documents. The only problem with it is that I cannot send or receive faxes. Even a BT engineer could not fix the fault.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't but this printer, 1 Sept. 2012
This printer will drive you mad. The cartridges are eye wateringy expensive. You can buy cheaper equivalents on Amazon BUT more often than not when you install them the printer won't accept them and displays a permanent error message 'cartridge not recognised'. This cannot be cancelled and worst still, it won't let you print on the other cartridges. So until you throw away your brand new equivalent cartridge and put in a 2X the price Epsom cartidge, the printer is unusable. This is just unaccceptable money grabbing by Epsom and rips off the customer.
Don't but this if - like me - you think a customer should be able to buy equivalent cartridges and not be held hostage by Epsom. You've been warned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absurdly brilliant, 28 Jan. 2012
P. G. Taylor (Sutton Courtenay, England) - See all my reviews
I've been sort of blown away by how absurdly brilliant this printer is.

The faults - are they are not really faults - are the size and tinnyness of the machine. It is big. When it prints it assumes you have not put anything on the table in front of it - a flap folds down directly on to the table in front of the machine. So far I have not managed to damage this flap - and I have ordered a printer stand to put it on, and store plain and photo papers in a variety of sizes.

I ordered a ciss system (continuous ink system) for it which did not work - Epson have changed their firmware - the printer manufacturers have an endless battle with the cheap cartridge manufacturers. I am told that the latest version of cartridge firmware that Epson accepts if v6! So for the moment I am using the cartridges that came with the printer. But I will persevere - because I want my children to enjoy unlimited printing - I want them to develop their creativity - and I just cannot afford it on £60 a set of original cartridges. Which do not appear to be available on Amazon. While the compatible ones are available for less than £1 each. From what I have read over recent years Epson have considerably improved their print heads - making them less prone to blocking. And the ink manufacturers must have got better at making ink that does not clog. I gave up on Epson 10 years ago - using original ink I was getting one machine after another clogging - I've got two expensive A2 machines - 3000 series? in my shed that are gummed up, and drove me nuts.

Apart from having decent sized paper trays, or a film scanning facility, this machine has everything I ever dreamed of.

The ability to work wirelessly with Macs and PCs, with iPhone, iPod Touchs, cheap Android phone etc is amazing. They can all print 6x4 photos in less than 15 seconds. You can print directly from a USB stick. The Epson found all my photos - some several folder layers down.

This thing even prints emails AND attachments - pdfs, jpegs, docs, xls - that I have forwarded to its own personal email address - myname at print dot epsonconnect dot com. And it took only a few moments to set up - I was staggered how easy it was to do. Reading a webpage on my iPhone I click on print - and a few seconds later I have a copy - a double sided, duplex print! It comes with ABBYY ocr - very confusing - could not find it anywhere. When I updated the software manually using my MacBook it offered to download and install it for me - which it did.

I forgot to mention how brilliant the touch screen control panel is. And how brilliantly easy it is to fit the ink cartridges in the front of the machine.

When you press the scan button on the front of the machine it automatically scans what is on the sheet feeder of the scanner and puts it on my MacMini. When it has finished it opens the folder it has put the scan in. The default setting for a colour A4 scan of a book cover resulted in a 500k file - not a bad effort.

The sheer size, the price, and probably the longevity, are the main negatives. It is not particularly quick - a few yards away in another building there is a 40 page a minute A3 colour laser with 4 drawers - but that cost 60 times more to buy, and a change of cartridges costs £1000! If you not need multipage scanning, or a fax, get the PX730WD model and save £50.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Stylus PX830FWD, 17 April 2012
Compared with my previous all-in-one printer from HP;
No problems with sheet feed whatever the paper type of thickness.
Prints B&W to almost laser quality and paper comes out flat, unlike the HP.
Prints colour photos with professional finish, many variable settings for different types of paper, each set-up can be saved for easy recall.
Communication with wireless ready computers is efficient to set up, no wires, and faultless in operation.
The information given on the Epson's display is very helpful, eg. keeping you informed of the state of the ink, of if you've pressed the wrong button for the job in hand.

I like the printer so much I bought 2

My only criticism would be the small capacity of the ink cartridges, and their price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ...so far, 18 Mar. 2012
Yet to replace cartridges so can't comment on ink life, but scanning of photo prints is much faster than previous device and better quality, printing from iPad and iPhone is simple, and duplex printing is a great time saver for multiple documents. Not cheap but well worth it so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Epson Stylus Photo PX830FWD Printer Et Al, 3 Mar. 2012
Mr. C. J. Whitehouse "Chris" (England) - See all my reviews
This is our first printer purchase for a long time and we wanted to have one by a manufacturer we know and one that has a good track record.

Our old printer the Epson Stylus Photo R300 did us proud for about 8 years with no trouble at all but has now come to the end of it's usefull life.

We decided to stay with Epson as it's a manufacturer we know and trust for quality products. We revued an awful lot of their products finally settling in the Stylus Photo PX830FWD as the one for us. I don't think we have made a mistake in our choice as the photo prints are excellent and the paper prints are clear and precise with no colour running or spotting in either the photo's or the paper prints. The scanning is excellent as well giving clear scans of even very old documents, (my wife is researching our combined family histories). The only 2 things I find a bit of a bind are the noises when the printer is loading the paper and the very quick usage of the ink. We have a CIS System on the R300 and are not used to the cartidges running out so quick as they top up automatically with the CIS System and also the ink is so inexpensive for 100ml. Once the guarantee is out I will install a CIS System onto the PX830 Photo printer. There was an option to have a CISS already installed but the printer had to come from either Poland or Belarus to have this and we couldn't find the addresses of these firms so we decided against having this option

The printer et-al is very easy to operate and was installed in about 20 minutes, it does need more room than our old printer so has a table all to it selfe. So far we are very satisfied with the operating and set-up of this very good printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Stylus PX830FWD Printer, 27 Feb. 2012
I have given this printer a 5 Star rating as when I used it for the first time it worked fine but after a couple of days it did a Firmware and Software update and the ADF (Auto Document Feeder) would only work on the Fax and not on the normal Copy function so I sent it back to Amazon who gave me a full refund.
I think perhaps this was an old model that's why it did a firmware update but I may be wrong ?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›