on 1 February 2014
Yes it looks good, it worked fine for me, as regards to the store...which is brilliant in fact, a dream come true for comic people.

But the actual viewer just didnt seem to want to cooperate with me (and Kindle Fire HD)...perhaps it was me, but I gave it a fair chance, used all the settings to get it working how I would like (and expect)...I just couldnt enjoy reading the comics using this program..not nearly a much as (not free)) Comicat.

It was just not as smooth, fast...I just didnt get on with it at all. Just a bit too jerky and it also crashed when I tried to flip back a few pages in the latest Walking Dead . Its just not as good as Comicat to view comics in my opinion. Especially as that program (which you have to pay for) also reads a lot of other files beautifully. Its a one stop shop for 'non-text' based reading.

I will be keeping it for purchasing my comics, that part is excellent (unbeatable selection, if a bit expensive really)...but I will be staying with comicat as a viewer.

Ill update my opinion if they improve the viewers functionality. I dont think they need half the bells and whistels it has quite honestly. I certainly dont require them to enjoy a good comic.

It has amazing potential as THE go to comic reader..but for ME (and I seem to be in a minority here) there are better actual readers (for Kindle Fire HD anyway), even if the store is peerless.
on 7 May 2014
I have been using this site since i got it and have found some really good quality comics, but i have not been ablke to access the follow on parts to the free series.
That i find dissappointing.
This app gives you access to all content purchased from Comixology.

I've been using their apps across various tabs for several years, both before and since they were acquired by Amazon.

The guidedview tech is amongst the best in a reader and perfect for navigating a comic, the content is in very high quality and there is an abundance of content with most content from major publishers released day and date with their print editions.

Overall an excellent app and well worth a look
on 24 September 2014
Good if you want to buy new material but forgot about viewing your existing car collection which you may have purchased by other means. Useless for my needs
on 26 January 2014
As a lapsed UK Marvel reader of many years ago, I found myself wanting to dip my toes back in again and was really disappointed to find out that I couldn't use my
Kindle Fire HD to do it. Now with this app I finally can. Brilliant!

My only reservation so far being that I don't seem to be able to see the actual series I've been buying from the newsagents the last few weeks and I suspect that the app is actually showing me only the US publications. But perhaps I've not worked out how to navigate it properly.

One thing I have to tell you about though.. I bought a comic to test the app out and the instructions said that if I wanted to, I could double click an image to enter "guided mode". Not knowing what that was I experimented and it`s fantastic!

When trying out magazines on the Kindle, I've found having to zoom in to certain pictures and articles to be a mixed blessing. Sometimes it enables you to see details you might otherwise have missed. But navigating around a page can feel clumsy and unnatural compared to reading an actual physical copy of the magazine held in your hands. Also, when reading physical comics, you develop a feeling for the flow of the art and text, which leads you naturally onto which frame to read next. You don`t even realise you're doing it, but it's a knack which is disrupted by the constant zooming and dragging required to read a digital copy.

What it turns out "guided mode" actually does, is to take you to each frame in turn, in order and zoomed. It even guides you through the correct order of speech bubbles in a larger frame. Perhaps I'm just easilly pleased.... but I think that's terrific! :)

So glad I took the plunge with this app and so far I heartily recommended it.
on 14 August 2014
Amazing choice of comics and graphic novels. I got this application because Amazon seem to be struggling to keep alot of publishers using the kindle system, probably due to their ongoing price war. So I now can download Marvel content, Walking Dead graphic novels, which is why I bought the Kindle in the first place!
on 11 November 2013
A little pricey for the comics but was expecting that. Ap works well. Quality is good. Range of subject matter is impressive. Looking forward to ordering comics soon. Billing through my Amazon make a lot of sense and make the process painless as I am used to dealing with Amazon for music and kindle books.
on 28 June 2013
I can access my comic book faves on my Kindle Fire HD. The purchase process is easy and the selection is impressive. Visually they are a treat to read. If I have one grumble it would be that they are not significantly cheaper than paper editions.
on 27 April 2016
Making the switch from print to digital comics was not an easy decision to make. A lack of space, tightening of the financial belt and a desire to be somewhat kinder to the environment has led me to finally take the plunge.

My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. The guided view option is fantastic! When reading a physical copy, my eyes sometimes wander to the following page (mild ADHD? Perhaps.) but with this, I can take each panel at a time. Also, this makes reading a comic on my phone a viable option also too as well.

The difference in price between digital and print is negligible, however. I don't see why that's the case (to keep the retailers onside?) but still, it's a saving.
on 7 April 2014
this app is a must for any comic book fan loads of good deals and selection of comics ive only had my kindle fire hdx for a week and just haven't come off it been reading so much

highly recommended