5.0 out of 5 stars Comics to go!
An ncredible way to access your comicbook collection.
When the site closes - ?
What then?
No comics?
Still a great facility - for the time being.
Published 16 months ago by McCourt

3.0 out of 5 stars The store is GREAT..the reader..not so...
Yes it looks good, it worked fine for me, as regards to the store...which is brilliant in fact, a dream come true for comic people.

But the actual viewer just didnt seem to want to cooperate with me (and Kindle Fire HD)...perhaps it was me, but I gave it a fair chance, used all the settings to get it working how I would like (and expect)...I just couldnt enjoy...
Published 10 months ago by jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Comics to go!, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Comics (App)
An ncredible way to access your comicbook collection.
When the site closes - ?
What then?
No comics?
Still a great facility - for the time being.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for reading on the go, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Comics (App)
This app is great; they have all the major and most of the minor publishers, it links to your Marvel account and I love the 99c sales!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent app for comic downloads, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Comics (App)
Great app for comic downloads, brilliant design and easy to navigate. Highly recommended for all you comic fans out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars where's 2000ad?, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Comics (App)
One of my better choices in apps. This is updated every day and has loads of comics and graphic novels. Would love to have a little bit more British ones but still gets a five star.

5.0 out of 5 stars best comic viewer, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Comics (App)
I've had comics/graphic novels before on the KFHD and they've not been too bad, albeit the panel view can sometimes be a bit ropey, HOWEVER - the picture quality, ease of panel view and the sheer volume of products with comiXology is phenomenal. A free app plus loads of free content with superb quality - it's taken me nearly a year but, finally, this is what I bought the KFHD for :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to bring out thd geek in me., 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Comics (App)
I never really got into comics when I was younger, but being a fan of the recent comic book films, I thought I would give this a go. And I'm so glad I did. It's got everything you'll ever need. Marvel, D.C., and loads of other companies, all in one place. Spoilt for choice! Comics range in price, there are free ones too, but I don't grudge spending the money. Very easy to read on the Kindle Fire HD. An excellent app.

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome addition to Kindle Fire HD apps in the UK, 30 Jun 2013
Mr. Lee J. Neilson (KENILWORTH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comics (App)
I've been waiting for the ComiXology app to hit the Kindle Fire HD here in the UK for some time and now it's here it's fantastic. I now have a visual impairment and this app allows me to continue an old interest and thoroughly enjoy it. Comics look great on my 7" Kindle Fire HD and you can tailor your viewing experience to your reading preference. The comics download quickly and you have access to the store to make your purchases. There is even a tab to link to some free downloads to get you started. I have ComiXology installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and upon installation to my Kindle the Whispersync for comics was immediately available so that you can pick up where you finished reading on a different device.

ComiXology have recently announced a bundles and subscription service which should allow keeping up with your favourite titles to be an easier experience. I can't see that it's available from this app yet but hopefully it will be soon.

This is a great app and if you enjoy comics then you need it in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Comics (App)
love the fact that you can own some all classics. hopefully some more 2000ad and foreign comics will be soon available.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Comics (App)
I have been waiting a while now for this app to come to kindle.

I think the app is very good and if you like comics it can be a good way to read them. However, I could not seem to get the sale items on kindle (they do weekly sales etc) and had to buy directly from the website.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very much does the job, 21 Nov 2014
This review is from: Comics (App)
Not being able to read comics on my Kindle has made me sad since I bought it. The Comics app solves that problem and bolts on to the comix web store. The storefront is functional for browsers, and may be great if you specifically want to find something but as a pick and chooser of comics I find it doesn't really give me much control or information about things I am browsing without a lot of clicking, hence one star off.

For example, the app has virtual "racks" for featured content, popular content, everything and just free stuff. This is fine and all, but what if I want to look at weird comics, something Lovecraftian? Or a homage to old EC Horror stuff? Or something "like" Doctor Strange? well, if it's not featured, or popular, or free I just have to go through the alphabet and look for something that might fit. Also I might think I have a couple of quid to blow on some comic books but be happy to rifle through the bargain bin for them. Obviously I've got the free comics that caught my eye but why no "sort by price"?

Like I say, I can probably find things if I have time to browse for a while, but the sort and search are not fantastic for narrowing down the stock pile. Also, being that type of guy, I hate just looking through lists of "popular" things. Sure, they're great, everyone loves them. I always think people are stupid though, and that if something is unpopular, or ignored, it could have some inherent worth because stupid people AKA people just missed it. Or it could be rubbish. Anyway, I think "least popular" lists are far more interesting, plus, as a store owner, it helps get eyeballs on that stock that just won't shift so, maybe, it will.

Comics