Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 21 March 2012
I was drawn to this disc by a newspaper review,which rated it really highly. One man's meat is another man's inedible, clearly, but I was interested in what I read and bought the disc and have really enjoyed the music very much. I don't know how to characterise it - it seems to be essentially a fusion of jazz and string quartet, with some electronic input - but words don't convey so much. Better to listen to the music.
on 16 February 2012
What a remarkable album. If your expectations of a string quartet are soothing sounds over tea and cakes, prepare to be astonished: less Palm Court smoothies, more sonic terrorists. But once you've re-adjusted your own accoustic sense, this is a superb musical creation, shifting to and from between harsh dissonance and sweet melody. "Ode an den Freud" is the best of the bunch. Quite magnificent.