on 10 January 2013
I don't know who's more excited about this toy, Me or the dog. Well made, good size and for some reason I keep singing the okey kokey song during playtime.... You put the squirrel in, the squirrel out in out in out you shake it all about................ you see where I'm coming from Love it
on 20 August 2013
Dog loved this, one of the squirrels has escaped, and is believed to be living in the garden, but this may just be a rumour. Dog removed the cardboard base and chopped through string, but apparent from these slight blemishes tree and squirrels are relatively unscathed. He has learned that if you shake the tree like a rat, squirrels fly out in all directions, some of them becoming a direct hit on any humans foolish enough to be standing close.
on 22 March 2013
This is a fun thing and my girls figured it out but the appeal didnt last as long as the individual little squirrels that kept them really amused, you can acutally buy just the replacement squirrels, not sure suitable for dogs that like to chew.
on 15 January 2016
My 60lb Old time bull dog loved it and he's a chewer. Ordered the jumbo size and its just the right size for him. He got it on Christmas day and loved the fact you had to get the six squirrels out the holes. For 1week he did the taken the squirrels out game, then ....1 squirrel every other day died a terrible death, fluff cuts every where a leg here and there, all but 1 squirrel survived that terrible death we called him Cyril squirrel he was very much loved, he got carried ever where, thrown up and at things even got to sleep on is best friends bed, till one day he had vanished and yes we did find him poor poor Cyril RIP.
One good thing my dog still as the squirrels tree house and its currently up for rent and should hopefully have a new family of 6 squirrels moving in at the end of the month.
on 26 November 2015
My two goldies and little Shih Tzu adore this toy and play together with it and get hours of fun from it. You can even get replacement squirrels for it. Took two weeks to come from the states which is fine. My dogs are generally not destructive with toys as we thought them to engage trough interactive play( much as you do with pre school children) however I am willing to concede there may be some element of luck involved! Here is a pic of them playing with the squirrels.
review image
on 22 February 2016
The disappointment with this product is that it is not quite challenging enough for a dog to remove the squirrels from the log - the holes could do to be fractionally smaller or elasticated, especially the top.

However, that's the end of the disappointment as this has been a well worthwhile addition to the toybox for a spaniel who loves a squeaky toy but is rarely focussed on ripping them apart. After a couple of months intensive play, one of the squirrels has come very slightly undone and needs a few stitches, but everything else is intact and squeaking. She particularly enjoys the satisfaction of getting two squirrels in her mouth at once.

I baulked at buying this for several years due to the price but in terms of price per play, excellent value.
on 27 December 2015
Perfect size for my two Yorkshire terriers. Well made and good squeak. The only problem was that one of my dogs started stripping the fur from the squirrel's tails and getting the fibres stuck in his throat. I had to cut the tails off at the base and trim the remaining fibres. This has worked a treat and have no further problems, the dogs still love them. Looking at the other items they have -bees and birds- I might have been better getting one of those, but I must stress that is only because of one my dogs proclivities not the product.
on 5 February 2015
Dog loved this product and had loads of potential. Unfortunately, within an hour the horrible stuffing material was coming out and the whole thing looking worse for wear. The dog was choking on the ball of stuffing, so threw the whole thing away.
on 25 March 2016
My Yorkie adores this toy. The log full of squirrels is light and robust enough for her to toss it in the air, chase it and carry it round the house. She spends time taking the squirrels out then brings us the log to put them back in again. I really didn't expect her to have so much fun with it. We can even say "Go get your squirrels," and she will trot off and fetch the log. We've laughed and laughed watching her play with it, and I would thoroughly recommend it for small dogs.
on 26 May 2016
Arrived quickly and in good condition. My dog loved it and its still in tact after hours and hours of fun. He destroys some toys but not all of them. You can interact with your dog, playing with them by filling it back up again and again. I did put my scent on the squirrels, as suggested via smelly socks and that seemed to work well. I would recommend.