on 10 January 2013
I don't know who's more excited about this toy, Me or the dog. Well made, good size and for some reason I keep singing the okey kokey song during playtime.... You put the squirrel in, the squirrel out in out in out you shake it all about................ you see where I'm coming from Love it
on 20 August 2013
Dog loved this, one of the squirrels has escaped, and is believed to be living in the garden, but this may just be a rumour. Dog removed the cardboard base and chopped through string, but apparent from these slight blemishes tree and squirrels are relatively unscathed. He has learned that if you shake the tree like a rat, squirrels fly out in all directions, some of them becoming a direct hit on any humans foolish enough to be standing close.
on 15 January 2016
My 60lb Old time bull dog loved it and he's a chewer. Ordered the jumbo size and its just the right size for him. He got it on Christmas day and loved the fact you had to get the six squirrels out the holes. For 1week he did the taken the squirrels out game, then ....1 squirrel every other day died a terrible death, fluff cuts every where a leg here and there, all but 1 squirrel survived that terrible death we called him Cyril squirrel he was very much loved, he got carried ever where, thrown up and at things even got to sleep on is best friends bed, till one day he had vanished and yes we did find him poor poor Cyril RIP.
One good thing my dog still as the squirrels tree house and its currently up for rent and should hopefully have a new family of 6 squirrels moving in at the end of the month.
on 25 April 2013
The toy arrived quickly and does look good and well made. The squirrels are very cute.
Our puppy, (8 month Staffi - Lab cross), loved it from the start. She even took one of the, (well chewed), squirrels to her basket at bed time.
She did love ferreting around in the tree trunk to get the squirrels out and having three meant she couldn't hang onto them all so we could put some back in.
However being a chewer and loving her toy one of the squirrels was in bits in the bin by the end of the first day. She also soon put an extra hole in the tree trunk. Even with supervised play it had all been shredded and in the bin in less than a week.
So I would say a very nice toy that you and your dog will have fun with as long as your dog isn't a power chewer.
on 26 November 2015
My two goldies and little Shih Tzu adore this toy and play together with it and get hours of fun from it. You can even get replacement squirrels for it. Took two weeks to come from the states which is fine. My dogs are generally not destructive with toys as we thought them to engage trough interactive play( much as you do with pre school children) however I am willing to concede there may be some element of luck involved! Here is a pic of them playing with the squirrels.
review image
on 22 March 2013
This is a fun thing and my girls figured it out but the appeal didnt last as long as the individual little squirrels that kept them really amused, you can acutally buy just the replacement squirrels, not sure suitable for dogs that like to chew.
on 5 January 2014
I have 2 dogs, a Jack Russell and a Jackabee (Jack Russell/ Beagle cross) and they absolutely love this. It's smaller than we expected it to be but the ideal size for smaller dogs and we've had non stop squeaking for 2 days due to my dogs playing with these, however, they have managed to totally destroy all 3 squirrels in just 2 days. It was great while it lasted but it didn't last long although I can't complain as it was a relatively cheap toy for them and has lasted longer than some more expensive dog toys I've bought in the past.

If the squirrels had lasted longer and were dog proof then I'd have given this 5 stars without a doubt. After reading other reviews on here I did expect the toy to be a little more resilient than it was but like I've said, for the price you can't really go wrong.

I'll certainly be buying replacement squirrels at some point for them as they did really have fun with this.
What a successful dog toy. It's one of his favourites and is particularly prized, and offered to visitors to admire. He wears a particular expression when he's carrying it round and the squirrels/chipmunks make a good noise. he likes to lie on his back to juggle them.
on 7 November 2014
I really liked the idea of this toy and thought about buying it for a long time before I actually did.
My destructive puppy loved it. At first I only let him play with it supervised and he had hours of fun with it.
After him stealing it from the shelf and playing with it unsupervised for a day, the squirrels have now lost their stuffing and squeakers, but I love that you can buy replacement squirrels. Surprisingly it lasted longer than I thought it would, as I don't usually give toys 5 minutes before their stuffing is all pulled out, even the 'indestructible' ones. But although the squirrels were gone in less than a day the housing is still intact.

All in all, a good toy. Too expensive for me with such a destructive dog, but if supervised it is a great game.
on 22 February 2016
The disappointment with this product is that it is not quite challenging enough for a dog to remove the squirrels from the log - the holes could do to be fractionally smaller or elasticated, especially the top.

However, that's the end of the disappointment as this has been a well worthwhile addition to the toybox for a spaniel who loves a squeaky toy but is rarely focussed on ripping them apart. After a couple of months intensive play, one of the squirrels has come very slightly undone and needs a few stitches, but everything else is intact and squeaking. She particularly enjoys the satisfaction of getting two squirrels in her mouth at once.

I baulked at buying this for several years due to the price but in terms of price per play, excellent value.