5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of Kit! Thekids and their Friends Love it!
I bought the 16 x 7 Goal for my eldest son who has just started playing 9 a side.

Published on 23 Sep 2012 by Listen Ear

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Star rating
It's okay as a training goal but a bit flimsy especially in the wind. Quick to set up and dismantle.
Published 18 months ago by Ade Willoughby

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of Kit! Thekids and their Friends Love it!, 23 Sep 2012
This review is from: Kickster Academy - 16 x 7 - Ultra portable football goal [Net World Sports] (Misc.)

Having owned and severely used the 12 x 6 Kickster net for three years, I expected a pretty good quality net, exactly what was said on the box. I was not disappointed! The 16 x 9 net is slightly heavier than the 12 x 6 but can still be carried by a 10 year old with no trouble.

It is solidly built and the net is similar gauge to that used on Samba and similar goals. 16 x 9 is the size now being used for 9 a side football.

The net is real easy to assemble. It probably has one or two more poles than the 12x6 goal so between two to 3 minutes to put up and by the time the kids have collected the cones, it has been packed away.

You can increase the tension on the sides, which in-turn keeps the cross-bar level with a minimum dip.

In the past month, two junior football team coaches have seen our net and went out and order two for their teams' training sessions.

I keep the nets and an 8x5 rebounder in my car nearly all the time. That way, when one of my son's is training, the other can be practicing beating "Butterfingers the Rubbish Goalie" (Me)or playing with their friends.

We use both the 12 x6 and now the 16 x 7 down the park on a regular basis, we put up slalom poles, cones and manikins so the boys can dribble around them, improve their ball control and practice shooting and goal keeping. They are really that easy to put up and take down!

The nets have saved my Garden Fence, My Garden, Veggie Patch and Lawn from total destruction. The neighbours can enjoy their weekends without the constant thump of a ball at the fence!

It is an excellent product, I can highly, highly recommend it!

Kind Regards
Rob Mack

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 Aug 2012
I received this goal 2 days after ordering and although I knew it had no crossbar was surprised to find that it has no posts either. The metal is heavy, strong and durable. Its interesting design allows it to deform and reform quickly when hit, this means it cannot really break. It takes about 5mins to put up and less to take down (the 2minute idea comes from the smaller academy sets). Its good quality and worth the money and does not hang much in the middle if u tighten at the sides (mine hangs about 2 inches). Very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the garden or taking with you to the park, 18 July 2013
Previously I had bought your standard all metal goal. But I found it would only last a few seasons in the back garden. I would have left it out all summer and taken it down in the winter. But even with doing this it would still rust. I have only had this goal a few months but I put it up when I need it and take it down each time after finishing with it. Its really easy to put up and down. It is a good size as well. The only reasons I marked it a four is after a month of use with only using it about once a week there was a small dent in one of the poles that you put it up with. I would have thought it would have been a bit more sturdy than this. The only thing the pole was hit with was a football. The only other thing I have found with is because there is not cross bar the net does not stay straight, it dips in the middle of the goal and the more you seem to use it the more it dips. Its not a big thing though and if there was a cross bar it would probably not be as portable.

Just wanted to add a second bit to this. I brought my Kickster goals out again this summer after 6 months in storage. However after about 15 shots the plastic bit at the top of the upright pole broke. I reckon I got a faulty goal and this is not the normal with this net as I know a few people that have them and really put them through the mill with their usage. I would only be a light user. But I contacted the seller just looking to see if they would replace the upright pole and they sent me a whole new net. Just want to say this is the best seller I have ever dealt with on Amazon. So helpful and really went beyond what they needed to do to put things right. Would highly recommend buying from this buyer rather than anyone else as their service and customer sanctification is second to none!! I am putting this up to a 5 just for the customer service though the net is great as well!!

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Star rating, 9 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 8 April 2013
Im a goalkeeping coach and have been using this goal now a for a few months. It is easy to get up in 5 mins alone and simple to pack away even in the dark. I would recommend it to anyone. Suitable for Adult and Junior football. Sturdy well made and i believe spare parts are available.