on 30 December 2012
I am new to knitting and I am making my own woolly hats so I decide to upgrade to circular needles so as to get rid of the unsightly join,
For the price this is a really good set of needles. They come in a fabric roll tied with ribbon. The needles are 90mm (9cm) long and joined with a clear plastic tube 245mm long. The needles simply slot in to the tube, they are glued so I'm not worried about them coming off.
There is a small amount of resistance during knitting compared to metal needles but get your tension right and it's not a problem in fact it does help to hold the work so as not to drop a stitch.
Hope this helps, happy knitting.
on 22 September 2013
Having read very mixed reviews about these needles, I was slightly wary when I bought them; stories of the cables coming off the ends of the needle and ruining a project etc, but I found that these were just what I wanted! The bamboo is lovely and smooth so it doesn't catch the wool while you're working, and I made a beautiful cabled hat for my sister. I didn't encounter any problems whatsoever. Great value, the case is lovely too. Overall very pleased (:
on 29 July 2013
at first I loved my new needles. they arrived in their cute cotton roll, seemed to cover all the sizes I'd want and I liked the non-slip texture of the bamboo (compared to my old metal ones). the only downside was the length of the tubes, which could do with being longer.

unfortunately, the tubes on the 3.5mm needles started to split on my first project with them. I covered the affected area (where the needles meet the tube) with electrical tape. that helped a bit, but the tape started to peel & stick to everything. the tape solution was unworkable on my 2nd project using the set, a pair of gloves on the 2.5mm, and the tube broke completely on the middle finger of the 2nd glove. these were for a friend's birthday and I had to rush out to buy replacements. not impressed. don't waste your money.
on 9 April 2013
Excellent have bought many and also for others, does what it says on the tin, highly recommended, Great service, 100%
on 5 June 2013
I've wanted to learn to use circular needles since I took up knitting but they are expensive to buy separately. This set is perfect for beginners like me, the plastic is not too big so probably wouldn't suit a seasoned knitter but I think there perfect for what I'm looking for. There packaged in a lovely cotton pouch that I can bring with me everywhere so for me 5/5
on 28 May 2013
I bought these along with a set of straight needles as I've taken up knitting again. They are so nice to use, warm and smooth and come witha bag to hold them all which is a bonus. I look forward to using them for many projects. Great company to work with.
on 7 May 2013
i love those needles!!!they make kniting so easy!!!light and soft!!!and all in beautiful cotton case so is always easy to find each pair!!!
on 19 July 2013
These needles were good value and they work well. Unfortunately some of the sizes are duplicated and others missing, otherwise I would have given 5 stars.
on 23 April 2013
The set was sent very quickly and over all I am pleased with it even though the size 10 circular needle was missing and Kurtzy had to send me another one. After looking through the kit I'e since discovered that I have two size 7's and no size 11! I feel something went wrong with the packing somewhere. I would use Kurtzy again though as their customer services was excellent.
on 10 December 2013
I choose these bamboo knitting needles because the set contained a 12mm size needle with a 40cm connector which is great for knitting that has less than a 100 stitches. The quality of the needles are good but I was disppointed because when I received my set. I'd recieved to 5.5mm and my 12mm needle connector is damaged which means that it will not last long. I sent an email to Curtzy who have yet to respond and I am not sure if I will use them again which is a shame as previous items that I've purchased from them, have been good. But on this occassion, I'm not a happy bunny!!