5.0 out of 5 stars Almost-instant pretty christmas cake gifts
I bought this last year so I could make simple but pretty little cake gifts when visiting friends. I used this recipe and variations on it: [...].
Published on 9 Nov 2012 by Jamcalli

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
It's ok, not the best mould I've used, not the worst. The cakes do come out with the pattern after baking, however, the silicone itself isn't very thick, so although I have been pleased with it, I'm not sure how long it will last.
Published 15 months ago by N. Reilly

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost-instant pretty christmas cake gifts, 9 Nov 2012
Jamcalli (Manchester. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Premier Housewares 6 Snowflake Cake Mould Tray - White (Kitchen & Home)
I definitely recommend these, though I can see why the other reviewer had some problems with it. Firstly, yes, it does discolour, but it is white to start with, and I found that it washes fairly well. It will never look the same again, but it doesn't seem to affect the outcome- at least for me.
Secondly, it is essential that you invest in a cooking oil spray and spray the mould liberally before use (like PAM in the USA, or "fry light in the UK. No need to buy expensive 'cake release spray').
Don't over-fill the mould (or add extra baking powder 'for good luck'), as you want to turn them out for use upside-down! Turning them out is easy if you have greased the mould.
If you want a really quick and effective decoration, make some thin icing with some lemon juice etc, and just dip the snowflake side in. flip it back over, and the icing will drip down the sides whilst emphasising the snowflake on the top. Pretty!
I am looking forward to using these again very soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars great detail, 23 Nov 2013
Really great details on these and work really well - great purchase and would highly recommend for making craft iteams

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 2 Sep 2013
N. Reilly (Glasgow) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tasty snowflakes, 12 April 2013
I very much like this baking mould. It's very easy to use and clean. People were very impressed by my lemony snowflakes :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on !!!, 28 Mar 2013
these made a very good talking point at our xmas fayre, a hit with the kids, and gown ups alike, will look for more moulds for other occasions

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Mould, 15 Nov 2014
This Mould is Beautiful.Makes Gorgeous Snowflakes which I am going to use as decorations for Xmas,not with cakes of course

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Nov 2014
Bigger then I thought it would be great!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Mar 2012
This was my first silicone mould and I was rather disappointed.
The little cakes stuck to the mould and the mould itself was showing a distinctive discolouration. An indication that the mould itself was being singed.
I love the design. Shame about the quality.

Premier Housewares 6 Snowflake Cake Mould Tray - White