‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy ever!, 11 Nov 2011
Mrs. M. Geddes "Mrs Geddes" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Packard Bell iXtreme I6525uk Desktop (Intel Core i3-550, 3.2GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GT420 1 GB Graphics card, built in WiFi, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) (Personal Computers)
My old pc went bang, fused the plug and stopped working. I wanted a cheap and cheerful replacement quickly. This one was up and running within minutes of unpacking it and best of all, I was able to pop my old hard disk into the slot at the front and retrieve all my 8000+ photos. This is the easiest, most user friendly, fastest pc I've ever had access to. Great price too! I can't recommend it highly enough. My 16 year old son wants to swap it with his one which was a top spec and cost more than twice as much 2 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 22 Nov 2011
Bought this computer as a present for my wife as her computer was very slow. It is perfect for the price, I cannot rate this product more highly. Easy to set up. The wireless keyboard has a quality feel about it compared to the old keyboard. The rest of the family suddenly became very jealous as they realised the gaming capability of this PC. Very very impressive.

5.0 out of 5 stars computer, 18 Nov 2011
well packed product, took about30 minutes to be fully operational all back up disks created ,silent operation can only tell it is on by lights on the front, really fast machine much faster than my dell which this replaced

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Piece of Kit, 29 Nov 2011
Really well put together, well made PC with quality components. Operates quickly and smoothly and very quietly too. Brilliant spec PC for the money, delighted with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Easy, 28 Nov 2011
Mrs. P. Smart (UK) - See all my reviews
This was so easy , it took me longer to find my cable to attach to the monitor than it took the machine to set its self up, no twinning mouse & keyboard, everything happened automatically, So simple, before I knew it was up and running, ready for me to personalise. Works very well

5.0 out of 5 stars A great PC!!!!!, 11 Dec 2011
Dawn Bleeze "Dawn B" (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
The Packard Bell iXtreme PC is an excellent piece of computing equipment: very easy to set up,it runs quickly, quietly and smoothly. As of yet, I have not experienced any issues regarding this computer, and continue to be impressed by its high level of performance. The modem itself is a nice size, and is an aesthetically pleasing piece of equipment. There are ample USB ports, and the DVD drive is hidden behind a cover (which I think is a nice feature). We have Flight Simulator X installed onto the PC (a fairly demanding game), and in my opinion it runs beautifully- without glitch,and on the high end graphic settings. In comparison to our old system (5 years old and becoming increasingly slower), I must say that this computer really is a fantastic machine that meets all of our computing needs (and what a great price!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Packard Bell iXtreme I6525uk, 9 Feb 2012
I'm really pleased with this pc. Runs quietly and smoothly. With 6 gb of RAM, a great processor and graphics card it can easily handle the tasks I have used it for. No printed instructions came with it, ie no booklet, and the onboard Packard Bell help section leaves a lot to be desired, as does the Packard Bell website. That said it's still streets ahead of my last pc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value PC, 16 Jan 2012
Steve (Crowborough, E Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The reviews for this computer were good and I've not been disappointed although the spare hard disc bay was not compatible with the hard disc from my old computer, but this is a minor criticism. It is near silent in operation and a great improvement on my old Mesh computer. The cordless mouse and keyboard supplied work really well, with no hint of any delay and a good range. As I have it stored under a desk in a dark corner the switchable lighting system is really useful. I also like the instant response to the sleep mode button. All in all this is a great buy and represents excellent value for money against the competition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 12 Jan 2012
Positives:Super quiet, quick, amazingly fast set-up. Negatives:Half of the 1Tb Hard Disk is used up by backups and pre installed programs, plus too much advertising built in.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Packard Bell Beauty, 22 Dec 2011
There was not much in the way of setting up instructions having taken it out of the box but it was soon up and running. I turned it on with some trepidation but it started to set itself up until I had to press the "next" step. I couldn't make the mouse or keyboard work. I tried using my old cable mouse and keyboard but they were not recognised. It turned out that I had not read the limited instructions carefully enough to find out the mouse contained a small dongle that needed to go into a USB socket. Once that was overcome everything else was plain sailing. Having been forced into buying a new computer because my old one was irreparable I was a little worried knowing about the incompatibility of old software and hardware with Windows 7. If you read the "Getting Started" and the "Welcome Centre" you will soon find that there are a lot of programmes already to install and I soon had my old printer working with a new driver installed. I especially liked the fact that Photoshop was already pre- installed and I very soon had all my old photos back on my new computer.
The things I particularly like about this computer are the ease in being able to back-up and the extra compartment for an external disc. I have not had to buy any software so far everything I need is catered for.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›