5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Have had this PC for a month or so now and am generally pleased with its performance (and silence) and the performance of windows 7.
Very easy to set up and get going. No problems or issues at all.
Published on 14 Dec. 2011 by tizun

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing
The computer arrived in good time, but there was not any manuels,paper work with it. The computer was password protected and no password was sent. So I could not use the computer. Very disapointing, But i n favour was the return and refund which went without a hitch
Published on 13 Mar. 2012 by M. Herschell-smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Dec. 2011
tizun (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Packard Bell iXtreme I8525uk Desktop (Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD, NVIDIA GT440 1.5 GB Graphics card, built in WiFi, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) (Personal Computers)
Very easy to set up and get going. No problems or issues at all.
Prior to purchasing I could not ascertain what connectors were at the back so took a chance there would be enough. For those interested they comprise PS2 keyboard, PS2 mouse, 6 usb type 2, ethernet, mic in, line out, line in, hdmi, dvi, dp and power socket.
I had not used dvi for monitor before and found its definition to be superior to vga on my previous pc.
Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent and Nippy, 24 Dec. 2011
After having a bit of a drama getting this PC, the first being lost in the Courier system. I received the replacement PC 2 days after dispatch.

Having loaded all my software and set it up to my liking, I am extremely impressed with the speed and silent running. So far a very stable platform with a plethora of USB ports front and rear. The graphics are very good, not being a top end gamer, it has so far coped with all the games I have tried. The removable caddy is great for me as I have 2 other drives I can pop in and out for backup and home working. Office and Viso run seamlessly. The Caddy though is not hot swappable which is only a small inconvenience, as it shuts down and restarts time is very fast compared to my old P4 system.

Overall a very good package for the price I paid. One point to note, that has been mentioned by other reviewers is that it is only 'DVI to monitor' and no DVI cable is supplied. Not a problem to me as I had one already but could cause complications to other purchasers. I hope this lasts as well as my last Packard Bell workhorse that never failed in 6 years and just got too dated for the software.

Compare the price for a similar package, tough to beat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good base but may need some extras..., 31 Dec. 2011
First off, for the price, I think this is a good base unit for an i7 machine, with a good helping of hard disk and RAM memory. Also, as previous reviewers have pointed out, it is virtually silent when switched on.

A couple of things let it down slightly: the graphics card is low-end to middling, so be prepared to change that (I swapped in the card from my old PC and immediately fixed this); also, slightly more annoying, the onboard sound won't support 5:1 speakers (or anything more than stereo) so, if like me, you already have speakers then you will need to invest also in a sound-card (I picked up a Creative X-Fi card relatively cheaply, so again, sorted this out).

If you are prepared to invest a little extra then you get a fairly good piece of kit at the end of it and one which can hold its own probably for a few years. Hence 4 stars - not perfect, but as I say a good base for improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet So Quiet, 11 Nov. 2011
That's right, you read the title correct. This unit is so quiet. At times you think it has not been switched on. I make a point of highlighting this point, as many computer owners, both desktop and laptop, comment on this very issue. Great desktop. Very fast and responsive, with all the bits and pieces you would want. Comes also with a full copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 which might be beneficial to some users. It does require a cable adapter for VGA users to connect up to it's Gforce GT440 graphics card. That's the only down side for me, as I purchased it's little brother the Packard Bell ixtreme i7525 four months ago and it had a VGA input included to it's Radeon 5570 card. It is disappointing Packard Bell do not include this adapter, as having paid for next day delivery to actually use the unit, I had to travel into my city centre to obtain one at a cost of £10.99 plus time and fuel to get there. Not putting me off the unit as I find it excellent. But from Packard Bell's point of view, one included, would not have made me draw this point to other interested puchasers.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Big Beast of A Machine, 24 Jan. 2012
It is fast; and it has a large capacity! It is stable and reliable. It is capable of many processes; and many processes at any one time. Right now I have 16 web pages up and running; I have a program running in the background - Ooops; four other programs running in the background - and it hasn't slowed down or had trouble processing it. Would I buy this again - you bet I would!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Silent Desktop, 11 Jan. 2012
Arrived before promised date and really is an excellent desktop. Repeating other reviewers, as most buyers will have an older display, it is a great pity that the required adapter is not included. In a rural location finding one can mean 20 mile trip. Running fine and very fast after 1 months use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value i7 available., 20 April 2012
I spent ages shopping around for the best possible value containing an i7 processor...and as of the time I bought it, I found nothing close to this. Theres seems to be a constant stream of next to new versions hovering around the £570 mark (which fortunately I got), and rest assured, you'll receive a fantastic bargain in tip top condition for this price. Couple of grumbles Ive seen about graphics cards and suchlike - but Im guessing if you looking for a power pc on a budget, you dont really care...and to be honest Ive been playing many a game with the graphics maxxed out problem free. If you must have the best straight away then look elsewhere - but you'll lose little buying this now, then upgrading your bits and bobs as you go and as prices drop. Cant recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 20 Mar. 2012
I bought this pc about 3 months ago and still love it now as much as i did when i first bought it.

The pc is so quiet you don't really realise that it is on, The i7 chip and 8gb ram is very powerful. Use the pc for some video processing and it will render a disk in about a quarter of the time of my old dual core machine.
No disks included but that is pretty common these days, there is an on board utility to make your own backup.

Would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packard Bell Computer, 15 Mar. 2012
K. D. Norris - See all my reviews
I have only just got my Packard Bell computer up and running, but so far it seems great, very quick with all the facilities I need for Photoshop, and emails which is all that I require it for, and delivery to France was very good also, all in all I'm very pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 13 Mar. 2012