Size: 85 cm|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 16 February 2013
The lock is pretty much all the peace of mind you'll need to be reassured your bike is safe when locked.

Although it's heavy, it's very compact and fits nicely to my road bike on those days when I'm just on a short ride to town.

Colour option suited my bike colour scheme, too, and bike insurance is straightforward once you present this as your lock. Highly recommended.
on 13 September 2015
I can't comment on how tough it is since I haven't seen any evidence anyone has tried breaking it, but it is a serious bit of kit and just holding it/feeling it it's no surprise it's a gold standard lock. This bad boy weights a ton and feels like a really solid piece of kit. I also like the fact it comes with a holder to attach on your bike but since it weighs so much I've resorted to leaving it locked at the train station instead of carting it around. I feel confident this provides a very good level of protection.
on 18 September 2014
Great! Very heavy though! But that's the nature of the beast

Shame about the length though - it can be improved by a couple of extra links, as it's not long enough to go around the back wheel, the bike AND a lamp post. I know this would make it heavier, but security is the issue here.

Also - nice colour! - but why not make it all one colour - all white - all red etc.?
on 18 July 2014
I bought this after seeing terrific reviews for it on various online sites. This is the 'business' if you are looking for the best protection from theft for your bike. Be warned, it's heavy, but it comes with a robust carry case that can be fitted securely to your bike so it doesn't move about or rattle. I'm feel confident to leave my bike securely anchored with this lock.
on 16 March 2016
Ive had this lock for 3 years and its brilliant. So easy to use, take from holder on bike - which does not rattle or add on any conceivable weight - then wrap round pillar or post. Its not long, granted, but it just needs to be attached to 1 part of the frame and ive used it for 3 years without complaint. Brilliant.
on 5 November 2015
I bought it as I was fed up of D lock rattling all the time. It's not as strong as the D for strength and not as flexible as a chain. Basically, I would say its between a D and a chain. Personally, I love it as so easy to use.
on 24 February 2016
Super .. I love it! It's gold rated and looks very nice ..
folds down and secured into a nice rubber holder ..

I little heavy though ..

I use it with Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (Eazy Bracket)
on 28 March 2015
People keep saying this is "heavy" it is NOT heavier than a decent "D" lock

The weight is condensed into a smaller area so it feels heavier. It is NOT.

Weigh it and compared with a good "D" lock. You will find the D lock just as heavy, if not, HEAVIER!!!
99 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 July 2016
This lock felt and looked very solid and robust however it's very heavy and I found the straps it came with to help attach it to the bike were not enough to hold it in place, it would often start sliding down my frame. Unfortunately I returned it.
on 19 May 2016
I wanted a gold standard lock for my bike, and I found this to be the ideal solution. Unlike the 'D-lock' it's bigger and a lot more flexible to go around a lot more objects, plus the carrier pouch that straps onto the bike frame makes light work of carrying around a heavy duty lock.