on 11 July 2014
for years I struggled with hairy arms, legs and I have tried everything possible. This is the best thing ever!!!! I have done 4 sessions and I can see results already. Hair on my arms are thinner, lighter and grow much much slower. the other day I could not remember when I shaved last time on my arms. My legs do not need shaving as they use to and I can see areas where hair does not grow. I will carry on using the machine but already happy with the results. People complained about activating the machine but who cares if the machine does work. the other complains were that the battery does not last very long. Who care if it works. I normally just do my arms, and then legs another evening, I think it lasts about 30 mins and recharging takes approx. 2 hours. I was bit hesitant spending so much money on this but would pay double now knowing how well it works. I started on number 3 and now can do number 4. I would recommend starting on lower setting. The best way to describe how it feels is warmth, it can pinch sometimes but nothing comparison to epilating!!. I am very happy with my purchase and definitely would recommend.
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2015
I have had both professional laser hair removal (brilliant) and professional IPL (useless) done before. I must have deliberated about getting the Tria for at least 6 months before I finally did due to the cost and the worry it would not achieve a good outcome. For me 1) it works (I even did a left v right underarm test to see if I treated one but not the other would it be different - the answer is Yes..theres maybe 20% hair growth on the left v the right after 4 treatments) ,2) its very convinient - instead of treking to the salon every month I can just do 10 mins on a couple of small areas before I get dressed in the morning, or sit infront of the tv and do my legs. The battery does only last long enough to do one leg at level 5 but to be honest I doubt you d want to sit and do it for more than 20 mins at a time anyway. Overall I would definitely recommend it. You do need patience, and it does hurt a bit (nothing compared to waxing, and salon laser and IPL hurt too..alot, and they seem worse as your not in control of the 'zaps' yourself). Was a really good buy and worth the price tag
on 20 April 2015
Been using it for best part of a year on all recommended parts of my body with good results. I have dark hair and olive skin and I have so far been pleased with the results. Highly recommended.
on 29 February 2012
I agree with Angel's comments about the tedious re-charging of this product for very short sessions. I contacted TRIA who advised me, "On level 5 we advise a half hour treatment time". Here were my actual session times on level 5 after waiting each time for over 2 hours re-charge (as per the instructions):

Session 1 - 23 minutes
Session 2 - 21 minutes
Session 3 - 21 minutes
Session 4 - 18 minutes
Session 5 - 20 minutes
Session 6 - 19 minutes

TRIA's response was, "whilst we can appreciate how frustratingly short these session times appear, they seem to be in conjunction with the power setting you are using", a complete contradiction or what!

Having said all of the above, I am beginning to see some impressive results since starting to use the product in December. It is one of those quandaries really, I know that EVENTUALLY I will have to shave less or in some areas not at all, but to go through the 'waiting around for 2 hours before you do the next bit' routine every 2 weeks for the next 6 months is not very impressive.

Part of me wishes I saved up to go for salon treatments instead. I would say have a good think about it and do some research before buying this product.
TRIA Hair Removal Laser
44 comments104 of 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 September 2014
I purchased my Tria a month ago and waited until I had complete a few sessions before writing a review.

I am a sufferer of PCOS and consequently have unwanted dark hair on my face, shaving daily and having stubble had a huge impact on my confidence. I had done a lot of research and finally decided that Tria was the right product for me.

I agree that the first time use is a bit confusing, it does hurt and the battery could be better but at this stage my main focus has been on the effectiveness of the product.

My review so far........It Works!!!! I can't believe it, I really did think 'I'll be the person it doesn't work on'. In four sessions I have seen a significant reduction in hair, I had almost forgotten what my face looked like without that stubble shadow. I still have some stubborn patches to work on, but at the rate it's already worked I'm confident they'll be gone soon.

I could not recommend this product enough for people in similar circumstances. I have not tried the product on any other body part, and maybe it won't yield the same results but I am so far one happy customer.
11 comment59 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2015
Didn't even work. Ended up sending it back. Using Philips Lumea now which is fantastic
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2016
Was not sure if this would be good or not. I have had laser done by a doctor, so was worried this would not meet my expectations, after a couple of false starts - I was scared to put it on my skin- I am in love with this laser! Cannot recommend enough!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2014
Excellent!!!
on 5 April 2012
I studied long and hard before purchasing the Tria laser as I wanted to get the best I could for home use after having been to a salon to have my lower legs done. I read the reviews of the Tria and, "Dont Panic" as one kind person says - just unlock it yourself at home by pressing & holding the button to level 4 then letting it go when using it for the first time!!!

It took me a couple of go's to realise that the best method was to actually press the unit INTO yourself (leg,arm,body etc) and slide it along once it has gone beep, as that not only ensures that you cover the areas to be epilated more thoroughly but - more importantly - ensures (for me anyway) that the process is TOTALLY PAINLESS!! I was holding the machine just above my skin and hovering it above me until it made the peeping noise - and it was getting VERY warm indeed and even burning me a little! I though it was sadly going to be a very uncomfortable and slow process, allowing it to cool down after every couple of bursts so I could stand it again, taking HOURS to cover the upper leg front only! Once I had discovered the correct method (which is not clearly defined in the instructions) - it was like a blessed relief, an epiphany, a revelation! This machine is now AWESOME!

I too saw results from the very first time I used it and am hoping for great things to come. For the record I don't have optimal condition skintone, I am slightly olive toned but I do have dark hair and, interestingly, I don't find it necessary to freshly, closely shave before each session (I'm lazy but it doesn't hurt and it's easier to see where you need to perform!)
44 comments104 of 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2011
This doesn't work unless it's "activated". Or at least that's what's printed on the label attached to it. How does that work, you ask, how will the device know I went to their website and "activated" it?

Well you go to their website, complete a survey (if you can find it because the URL printed on the label is wrong) and after that they tell you how to turn it on. That's it, that's the whole activation, it's all a SCAM to get you to complete their survey and get your personal details. You just need to know how to turn it on, there's no "activation" going on.

I look forward to a future when everything will have to be activated in order to work. I'll go buy a toaster, but will it work? Oh no, you haven't activated it! You need to activate it first mister, go and submit all your personal details, and then it will work.

Save yourself the trouble and do not buy this. It's overpriced and the manufacturer clearly thinks we're all stupid, otherwise they wouldn't impose this way of scamming us into filling their survey.

If you do decide to get it, here's how to turn it on. Press the button until the number 4 appears, then let go of the button.
88 comments185 of 282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse