5.0 out of 5 stars A true talent..., 19 July 2004
Before purchasing 'Loft music' I had come to love Thea's 'Avalanche' and 'Songs from the Gutter'.
She is an outstanding talent and her albums have been subject to rave reviews of her songwriting abilities. To me, it is this songwriting skill that shines through on the other albums, to the point that it almost eclipses all else.
'Loft Music', however, showcases her fantastically mature voice, as she sings songs that we are already familiar with. I particularly love her renditions of 'Crazy Love' (Van Morrison) and 'Ever Fallen in Love with Someone' (Buzzcocks).
Because she's singing these songs in such a different way to her own material, it is pretty hard to recognise her voice at all.
A must for all Thea fans, if only to give a glimpse of another side of her abilities, and a must for any who appreciate good quality, heartfelt music.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want a loft like that, 3 Feb 2006
I've always had a strange fascination for covers and how the artist re-interprets them. Its rare, though, that an artist manages to make the song sound like their own yet here Thea manages to own every one of these songs. Taking us on a journey through the songs and artists that have shaped her musically, she brings her own unique vocal style and ability to each. My stand out track would be "The Old Laughing Lady", though the whole album is a joy, and, for the aufiophiles out there, very well produced. An excellent addition to her own works, more in the style of "Songs From the Gutter" or "Lipstick Conspiracies" than her more rocky "Avalanche" or "Burning Dorothy" albums and a showcase for her fantastic voice separate from her songwriting abilities showcased in her own albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want a loft like that, 3 Feb 2006

4.0 out of 5 stars likeable, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: Loft Music (Audio CD)
As I said in reviewing her album From The Gutter, her voice is pleasant and capable but lacks individuality. Except in one very pleasant respect - her mildly English accent, which may seem strange to say, but what a change from the usual mock-mid Atlantic that most British singers lapse into. Here we have a selection - a good selection - of songs that she covers in an acoustic style. Some sound better like this, but not all. Again , nothing really grips me. It's nice enough but hardly spine-tingling. I found myself fast forwarding to find a track that really moved me,but never found one. Competent, I kept thinking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set of Cover's, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Loft Music (Audio CD)
as a singer-songwriter/musician, I highly rate Thea Gilmore and then, on top of all her ability she has a knack of taking an already great song and producing a really excellent cover version

4.0 out of 5 stars from a fan, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Loft Music (Audio CD)
interesting new take on an eclectic list of song from various genres. "ever fallen in love" and "bad moon rising"in particular are excellent.a must for fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Loft Music (Audio CD)
My album of the year. As always I checked it out on Grooveshark, and after listening for a while thought it was well worth paying for..

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints!, 27 May 2013
Seller excellent, item as described (second hand) and arrived quickly. Huge fan of Thea and trying to complete my collection. This addition did not disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spine tingling voice, 14 Feb 2013
DC Nicoll (Daventry, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loft Music (MP3 Download)
I have just discovered Thea through her incredibly beautiful version of Ever Fallen In Love, on the strength of which I bought this album. I wasn't disappointed. For me, this is shiver up the spine wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Loft Music (Audio CD)
Why Thea / Nigel and the talented individuals they play with do not get more recognition I will never know. Went to a gig in Bristol recently - small cellar club packed out. Should be playing bigger venues

Loft Music
Loft Music by Thea Gilmore (Audio CD - 2011)