on 18 November 2012
This phone does the business! The volume control is excellent and the buttons are easy to see. The screen shows 3 names with 1 highlighted from your phone book entries - can be confusing - need to be careful but it's not too difficult. Also we are forever pressing the volume controls by mistake as they are on the side of the phone when you pick it up or hold it....but makes it easy to adjust during a call. Other than those 2 little glitches it's really easy to use and heaven to hear everyone we talk to. The boost button for volume is superb! Answerphone works great too - easy to operate and very clear.Amplicomms BigTel 280 Big Button Amplified Cordless Single DECT Telephone with Answering Machine - White
on 16 March 2013
At last! I can hold a telephone conversation without the constant struggle to fill in the gaps and make sense of what the other person is saying. Having tried separate amplifiers on our previous phones, the improvement with this model is huge, so I'm very satisfied with my purchase and highly recommend it to anyone with hearing problems. The extra value is worth more than the extra outlay. I'm only slightly hard of hearing, and I don't always wear my hearing aid at home, but this phone allows me to hear with or even without it. Easy to use, though can't comment on answerphone as haven't used it much yet.
on 8 November 2012
If you have a hearing problem then this is the phone for you. You amplify calls as you hold the phone. There are lots of other features for the hard of hearing. I would recommend this product.
on 23 March 2014
Bought these for my mum who is very hard of hearing, despite wearing a hearing aid. She was getting to the stage she wouldn't phone friends as she couldn't hear what they were saying also when you phoned her she couldn't hear properly and was answering things that you hadn't asked. Then I thought of new phones, saw these on amazon and read a lot of reviews, she is like a new woman, phones me regularly and now keeps in touch with friends again. The booster button is good also the volume up button, the phone has lovely big buttons and the answer phone is easy to use. She is in her 80's and like a lot of older people doesn't like to learn new things but this phone really is great.
on 10 November 2013
This phone does what it says on the box. It is easy to set up and easy to adjust. The volume is good, but with the extra boost (if needed) it is very loud, so someone who has very poor hearing should be able to hear any callers. I am very happy with this product.
on 31 January 2014
I bought this for my 86 year old dad who wears hearing aids and couldn't hear me on his other phone. As I live thousands of miles away talking on the phone has to be clear. This phone is so far working out great. He can up the volume or put it on speaker and the sound is not distorted. He likes the speed dial feature so he can press a button and it dials my 12 digit number. The price was great and it was delivered on time.
on 23 July 2014
This phone did not meet my expectations and need to return it for a refund.Rings twice before going straight to answer machine.Couldnt answer any calls because it said D TAM IN SERVICE on the handset.Poor reception when you eventually got to speak to someone and boost button only increased the interference when on speakerphone.Suffering with poor hearing,i expected this to be the answer,but no,not good.I just need a cordless phone with answer machine which is loud and clear when talking,only problem is,you have to keep buying one and trying it to see if its clear enough or not.This one was crackly when on speaker and not much different trying to talk normally,hence the 1 star,sorry.
on 10 November 2013
We bought this phone for my mother who is 92 and becoming very hard at hearing. Phone conversations used to be a nightmare with us having to shout and her still not hearing properly. Now with this phone it's a joy to talk to her.
The instructions could be a little clearer, but once set up, it really works.Highly recommended.
on 2 April 2014
Excellent value for money. Easy to set up and use. No problems with hearing and the large buttons on phone make dialling and inputting information speedy. Would certainly recommend to others and would buy this make again.
on 6 January 2015
I purchased this for my Mom who is 91 and has hearing difficulties and rheumatic fingers. The phone works very well and was straightforward to programme with her telephone numbers. I do have some doubt about her doing the input herselfas she is not technically inclined! She finds using the phone easy and the sound levels excellent. The dial pads large buttons are ideal and the phones size is a great help whereas smaller phones are hard to grip.