TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 August 2014
This was great when I first bought it and did the job perfectly - loads of adaptors and it would charge an ipad from empty. However, after a years use it has just stopped charging. Appreciate it's out of warranty etc. but what really annoys me is that the seller won't respond (Amazon did though)....poor customer servcie is worse than a bad product (I truly think this is just a duff unit as the product itself is good).
Anyway, won't be buying from these guys again....it doesn't cost much to at least acknowledge an email..

Update 5 Aug.

Well, immediately after I wrote the initial review the seller got in touch. They had replied to my enquiry but it had come direct from them rather than through Amazon and had gone into my junk mail. I'm happy with that, even if the unit can't be replaced. So I've upped the product review to 3 stars as the product is good but I reckon I've got a duff one.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2015
It works but the connection is so fragile that you have to put it on a hard surface and leave it alone while it charges. I can't put it in my handbag to charge. The cables are fiddly. Its very small so easy to cary around. I lost a cable and bought a different one which I much prefer. I have since found the cable so may keep it for when we travel but look around there are better ones in my opinion.
on 25 October 2012
I bought this as a last resort for a struggling phone. I don't typically have good experiences with battery extenders or similar type products, but just couldn't stand having my phone die after 6 hours of battery any longer.

I bought the PowerGen 5200mAh pack and it arrived fully charged, which was an unadvertised welcome surprise. I took it with me on an out-of-town trip, and got 2 charges out of it never once needing to plug my phone into a mains outlet. I was so impressed I instantly bought another as a gift, and have recommended it to everyone I know that depends on their mp3 player or phone as much as I do.

I have had a couple of issues, when pressing the button to see the charge level and seeing a full bat, only to plug it in and sometimes only get a 20 min charge or so and then the pack just wont turn back on. I'm not sure if it's run out of juice or if it coming disconnected and being reconnected too frequently caused it to have an issue, but after a recharge it was fine again, and I still managed to get enough power out of it to charge my phone more than halfway.
I'm not sure if it's because the battery level isn't accurate enough or what, but either way I've relied on this thing many times since I got it, and always carry it in my bag.

Never again will I end up trying to figure out the last train journey home on the last 1% of my phones battery, or trying to make an important call just as the battery packs in. The Battery Pack has saved me every time.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 April 2013
I bought the 5200 mA model intitially to keep as a battery backup in my car glovebox in case my mobile phone ran out and needed a quick charge. However I started using it on a daily basis to keep my iPad going, so that when the battery went down I could plug in the mobile juice pack and keep using it. I then purchased the 8400 model, which enabled me to keep the smaller unit in the glovebox as the emergency backup for which it was originally intended. It is worth noting the battery capacity of the iPad4 is over 11,000mA and so even the 8400 model will not fully charge it. However it provides enough power to keep it running and partially charge it up at the same time which means I can keep the iPad running all day, and then recharge the mobile juice pack and the iPad overnight. I have been so pleased with both of these units that I have now purchased a second 8400 model which I use both for an iPad and a Windows phone. The original 5200 unit is now a year old and still going strong and so I am reasonably confident of their durability.
on 27 August 2014
I found this charger to come in handy on a number of occasions. It has worked as or better than expected and I can get at least one full charge- usually one and a half charges on my Samsung galaxy phone before having to recharge. My only gripe has to do with the torch function. I thought this would be helpful but I find the torch turns on way to easily and it constantly comes on from being bumped in my handbag- wearing down the battery unnecessarily.
on 2 May 2013
I bought the charger as i have an iphone 4 & if you listen to music, play games & use the phone in general you will know the battery will die pretty soon. i took this out with me for a day & did not have to charger my phone overnight like i usually do & only took an hour or so to FULLY charge my iphone & did this twice on a full charge.

if like me you use a computer usb to charge the PowerGen instead of a wall plug it will take serveral hours to charge but seems to hold a charge for longer this way.

i recently went abroad & this came in very handy indeed.

there are many adapters that come with the PowerGen to charge various things. there is one adapter that suited my dads kindle and fully charged that too while on the beach which was a nice surprise.

oddly enough, there is a torch on this PowerGen which again came in handy when there was a powercut at my hotel.

so how can i give this any less of a 5* rating.

my dad will be the next person to purchase one.
on 2 July 2013
I've been using this product for about 6 months now and have just purchased the larger capacity model as I am so pleased with this one. This is light and not a problem for carrying around in your handbag. I give it to my daughter, to charge her iphone 5 when she's out for the day. Teenagers are constantly on their phones and the battery never lasts. This gadget charges on the go and so no excuses for running out of battery. It takes about 6-7 hours to fully charge from the computer or wall (if you have an adapter plug) but then it will charge a phone 2 - 3 times from its full charge. I've used this for charging my ipad mini many times and find it useful when playing games or watching movies, (when its inconvenient to charge the ipad mini.

The higher capacity unit is much heavier and has been purchased for holiday/car charging and because it charges 2 items at the same time.
on 16 January 2015
Love This battery pack ,I bought this sadly the last one in stock for my daughter and wished I had bought 2,I got one from a well known high street shop and its not a patch on this one
Just hope they come back here soon love the look of it and it really does perform as stated
on 7 August 2014
Product works really well and has some snazzy features (visible charge level and that you can turn it on/off). However it didn't get full marks from me since the one I was sent had an annoying rattle inside. I sent it back for a refund and have since found a much cheaper alternative and Amazon duly refunded me. Maybe slightly over priced for what it is compared to what else is on the market out there.
on 15 September 2013
Having read the other reviews (and in particular the 1 and 2 stars) I thought that this could be a good christmas present for one of my sons so took the plunge and bought it. I'm glad I did. I thought I would test it out before wrapping it up. It took about 8 hours to fully charge and the blue lights on the side give you an idea on how much it has done so. I then tested the charging up of phones. I was pleased that it charged up my wife's and then mine quite easily and still had 1 blue light showing. I can't comment on the longevity of it but I am convinced enough that I'll probably get another couple for number 2 and 3 sons. The reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that the picture shows 8 connectors, in fact there are only 3 in the box (2 mini usb and 1 other that I'm not sure what phone it's for). Oh, and you'll also need to buy a usb plug thingy but they are cheap enough so no big problem there.