5.0 out of 5 stars great grinder
Published on 12 May 2012 by john

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but some still needs work
Having hammered my previous Dualit coffee grinder to death, we decided to continue using their products. Simply put the grind is extremely good, the conical bur system produces a great finish. Sadly though I have two issues with this unit.

Published on 2 Feb 2012 by P. S. Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars great grinder, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)
having looked at various reviews regarding burr grinders, every review of most grinders stated no good for espresso, not fine enough. i have used various grinders over the years, hand burr grinders and blade grinders and never had a problem making good espresso.taking the chance and buying the dualit i was very surprised by the quality and the grind, on the finest setting the grind is as fine as any commercial ground espresso producing cup after cup of espresso to a good consistent grind. paired to a gaggia cubika machine great espresso, recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder Black, 12 Dec 2011
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this to work in tandem with my Ascaso Arc machine as I have other Dualit products and find them sturdy and reliable. I reviewed many of the well known coffee grinders including the Ascaso range which are highly regarded. Eventually I decided on the Dualit one mainly due to pre Christmas monetary constraints. The Dualit is sturdy, sits nicely next to the Ascaso and matches it (always important for females I think). It has a cord which hides nicely away on the underside. I set the grinder to 2 for Expresso grind and it was fine enough for my purpose. The crema was excellent when using a decaffeinated bean from a well known company. I know the Dualit brand is well respected and it certainly is sturdy, easy to operate and clean. I think Dualit should if possible include a fine haired brush in the product parcel as this is needed for cleaning the burr heads. All in all I am so far pleased with the purchase as nothing can beat the aroma and taste of freshly milled coffee beans in an expresso. The grinder is easy to assemble and clean and should last a long time. I will review this purchase in 6 months and am looking forward to using it several times a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness that money can buy!, 7 Jun 2012
Dr. Mangesh Thorat (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I normally don't write reviews on day one, but this one is an exception for an exceptional quality appliance at its price!

I always thought that I may not get a good quality grinder for sub-100 price, but after dilly-dallying for some time decided to take my chances and what a pleasant surprise it has been.

Well the most important thing about a coffee grinder is the grind quality: grain size and uniformity; and this becomes even more important when you want to make an espresso. An ordinary fine grind (e.g. shop brands like Waitrose) don't give you good quality espresso because the grain size is larger and non-uniform, which means the coffee will not be tamped down very well and water will run through quickly. An extra fine grind (e.g. Lavazza) works quite satisfactory and a superfine grind (e.g. Illy) works marvellously well, gets tamped down very well, forms a compact layer through which water percolates slowly even under high pressure to get all the essential oils, extracts and flavour out of the coffee.
I used this one at its finest grind size, expecting somewhere between fine and extra fine grind, but voilà, the result was between extra and superfine uniform grind, closer to the Illy grind quality! What beautiful coffee comes out at its majestic pace, colour and aroma!
I use an ordinary espresso machine, which has crema device mechanism (i.e. filter, and further narrowing of exit channels in the group handle that allow mixing of air, which is a case with most up to mid range machines), so I cannot really comment on whether this is good enough for those high end (high pressure) machines which don't use filter. But if Illy works for you, this one will.

Now over to the things women notice. Being a guy, for me it does not really matter, how it looks or how much noise it makes, as long as it gives me the grind quality I want. But hey, it does well on both these counts, looks nice (as my wife says) and does not make a lot of noise, reasonably quiet. Footprint is also decent size, you can't expect it to be as small as a blade chopper.

It has become a rather long review, but I think it was worth covering all the bases.
For most coffee non-professionals, look no further. If you are in two minds, whether to get a grinder or not, this one is definitely worth a try!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but some still needs work, 2 Feb 2012
P. S. Thomas "Paulie T" (Swansea, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)

1) The hopper feed is too shallow, so the beans sometimes don't drop into the grinder system and you have to tap or shake it. Not all the time, but enough to be annoying.
2) Static. Dualit have not solved this on-going problem, resulting in the grounds jumping out of the container as you decant it. I'd say, sadly, that it is worse in this particular model.

On that basis I am only awarding 3 stars, which is disappointing considering the £80 price tag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dualit grinder too coarse, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Very disappointed. I've had two of these and sent both back as soon as I tried to use them. Despite good reviews elsewhere the machines do not seem to provide a fine ground suitable for my Gaggia Baby Class espresso machine - even with the finest grind setting and serious tamping the shots only take 10 seconds, which is far too fast (it should be around 18-25 secs). I've gone back to my old temperamental Krups burr grinder which produces a much finer grind that gives the ideal time to pull the shot (to put it into perspective, coffee ground in the Krups can even halt the flow of water from the portafilter on the finest setting, leaving plenty of room for adjustment).Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars top grinder, 25 Feb 2012
Mr. Rjscott - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)
A great grinder, consistent grind. This does seem to grind fine enough for my Presso espresso machine. Looks very stylish and seems to be quite robust. Love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the Krups, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I feel particularly qualified to write a review on this product because I have had the other main grinder (the Krups one) for 7 years. I don't regard myself as a coffee snob as I usually only get my beans from the supermarket. But, for most, the idea of even buying coffee beans is fairly weird..

Truth is the Krups has been great for us for the last 7 years and I'm not sure I'd be able to TASTE the difference. But I can say this - before I chucked the Krups in the bin I did some comparisons between the grinds of the Krups and the Dualit (and some professional stuff). There is absolutely no comparison. Whereas the Krups had no consistency the Dualit seemed flawless (and very comparable with the professional).

If you can spare the money go for the Dualit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended!!, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I had the previous iteration of this Dualit coffee grinder and it provided many years of good, and fairly heavy, domestic service. So when it finally gave up the ghost I was not surprised that my research led me to the latest incarnation which has several tweaks to the original design, mostly to its benefit.

Its overall form is more compact and "muscular" in its appearance. I'm in two minds about the silver front; I'm not sure whether it's shaped metal or chromed plastic, but some may find it a little gaudy and I'm concerned about how it will look if and when it gets scratched. However, it is an attractive design and looks good on display in the kitchen. The bean hopper aperture is even larger which, compared to some other grinders, makes filling it easier without risk of spillage. The flow of beans into the grinder mechanism is smooth and untroubled - eight bags of beans so far and not one problem.

The coarsest setting produces a grind commensurate with what you find in bags of pre-ground coffee; the finest setting strikes me as being very fine indeed without reducing it to powder. Some claim that it's not fine enough to produce a crema. At the moment I'm using an Aeropress not an espresso machine but, having owned a good quality machine in the past, I know that producing a crema is not just down to how finely the coffee is ground.

It is quite loud when grinding, though slightly quieter than the previous model. Static still causes some of the grind to adhere to the container. Dualit is obviously aware of this and, in the instructions, recommend that you tap the container before pouring out the grind; this does work. They've solved the slight problem that the old model had where the container would work its way out a little as the machine was grinding; this no longer happens.

In the previous model the on/off switch and quantity setting were combined. These are now separated. There is a dial on the right for quantity and an over-sized on/off button on the front fascia. For the weight of the machine the on/off switch is a little too stiff, which results in the grinder moving slightly as you press the switch. This is not an insurmountable problem and I usually press the switch whilst holding the grinder down with a couple of fingers of the same hand. I would suggest following the instructions on cleaning the innards of the machine as, over time, there is an inevitable build-up of residual ground coffee.

I'm very pleased with this purchase and would strongly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent once delivery condition resolved., 9 Oct 2014
This review is from: Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Seems like an excellent machine, and once working ground as fine as I needed. However, as others have found, on delivery it was impossible to fit the hopper or remove the upper burr, hence the loss of one star. Further investigation found that the black locating ring had been rotated to a position beyond that where anything could locate on it. Bringing it back by hand to a 'neutral' position resolved the problem, releasing the burr and allowing the hopper to engage - but why had it happened and why no instructions to identify the problem and its resolution?
How it will last is yet to be seen. It is being used to replace a worn-out Hitachi, and for spice grinding rather than coffee, so a very fine grind is essential. First grind produced powder at the correct size. Time will tell if this is maintained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dualit grinder, 22 April 2013
Well built, easy to use and simpler to clean than the previous grinder we had. It seems to produce a clearer flavour too. Not cheap, but worth it.

Dualit 75015 Coffee Grinder, Black